What's new

Finn'SCRog - GHS Trainwreck & Mystery Sativa

bigtopsfinn

Hello to everyone and terve kaikille!

Tässä olis nyt minun uusi projekti. Minulle on paljon helpompi kirjoitta englaniks, mutta oletan että te kaikki ymmärätte :biggrin: Voitte kummiski kirjoittaa ihan millä kielella haluatte, mutta itse en puhu paljon muuta ku suomea ja englantia :biggrin:

Veg Day 1

This will be my third grow.

Equipment:

Seeds: Feminized Trainwreck from Greenhouse Seeds Co. Flowering time is 8-9 weeks. Also picked up about a hundred 'Mystery Sativa (MS)' seeds from a local grower. Flowering times are 10-12 weeks for these seeds. Real lineage is unknown, except that they are from a hermie, but I was told that 1 out of 3 was a 'good' plant and wouldn't hermie, so I'm taking my chances. More on that later...
Soil: Testing out a couple different local soils: The cheapest and most expensive in the supermarkets; Rainbow Kukkamulta (produced by Kekkila) and Biolan Musta Multa. These soils are pre-fertilized, so I won't be using my nutes very much. I'll mix in about a quarter to one third of potting gravel (Closest thing to perlite I can find here, it's very light and airy). For the seedlings I'm using Kekkila Cactus and Seedling soil plus vermiculite.
Nutes: Canna Terra Vega 3-1-4 (for veg if needed) , Canna Terra Flores 2-2-4, Plagron, Green Sensation Top Activator 0-9-10 (Flores for flowering weeks 1-6/7, the top activator for weeks 2-6/7 of flowering as needed)
Light: 400 Watt HPS (getting a new bulb soon, probably Philips Son-T-Plus 55,000 Lumens) with Cooltube 12cm x 39cm long
Ventilation: 1 RUCK Tube fan RK100, 220m³ per hour, (129cfm), 10cm & 12cm ducts. Also a huge (for this setup) 15" axial fan that I'll try to squeeze in somewhere in the closet to move fresh air around.
Odor Control: Active Carbon Filter, 250 m³ per hour. 50cm long with 12cm connections, approx. 2,3 kg active carbon filling
Closet & Cabinet: Now a new cabinet: 97cm x 57cm x 174cm tall (38in. x 22.5in. x 68.5in.) for veg and flowering. I kept my old closet: 57cm x 57cm x 172cm tall (22.5in x 22.5in. x 67.5in.) to be used as a 'dark room' for the MS's, as they will be flowering sooner than the TW's (also temporary veg room)
Vegetation: 18/6 light cycle

Up until today:

Germinated the last two Trainwreck (TW) seeds I had on Monday Jan. 18. Then decided the next day to sprout three of the Mystery Sativas (MS) hoping to get at least one that wouldn't hermie.

One of the TW's, TW2, emerged from the soil on Jan. 21 and is doing great. MS2 and MS3 are just poking out of the soil today, Jan. 23. I can see TW1 just beneath the soil surface trying to come up. MS1 is nowhere to be seen, but I did germinate it in a cup of water (BTW - not recommended but I didn't know how old these seeds were...) so it should pop through in a couple days.

The Plans:

The TW's will be veged for about 4-5 weeks. I'll LST first and then start the Scrog just before flipping the lights. Each TW will have their own screen cut into a triangular shape (makes it easier to move around and flush). Might also take some clones before flowering.

I'm expecting for MS's to hermie, so I'll only veg them for a week or two before putting them in the dark room for 12 hours every night to initiate flowering. If I find a good MS, I'll grow it out, harvest and re-veg to take clones from. I don't think I'll be putting these under a screen, don't really want to waste my time if they are going to hermie. But some LST will definitely be done.

I'm expecting now that 2 of the MS's will hermie and be killed off, so I'll also try to take a couple clones from the better TW. I really want to keep my plant count down to 5 total (including clones) but we'll see how it goes.

I'll be updating about once a week, more if there's anything else going on. Hope you enjoy the show!
cansmile.gif

Pics:

New cabinet. Still need some duct, fresh active carbon and a new HPS before I put it together.
VegDay1001.jpg

TW2 under a 20w CFL
VegDay1002.jpg

TW1, MS1, MS2 and MS3
VegDay1003.jpg

Bud-O-Phile

tervetuloa vain forumille.
mulla oli viime kasvatuksessa lähes identtinen sotkan "jenni"-kaappi ilman tuota ylälokeroa. otti tosi helpolla kosteusvauriota jonka seurauksena nuo oven kiinnittimet irtosi ja toisen puolen ovi rojahti kokonaan irti.. piti pulteilla laittaa sivuseinistä läpi että pysyivät kiinni. jotain tukirakenteita suosittelisin tekemään kun näyttää ettei sulla ole sokkeliakaan pitämässä palasia toisissaan kiinni, jos tuo takaseinä on samanlainen parin millin liuska ku mun kaapis oli niin parin kuukauden intensiivisen ilmankosteuden jälkeen voin olettaa että alkaa melko hazardisti huojumaan sivusuunnassa tuokin kaappi ja pultit antamaan periksi.
piis änd lööv.. jään innolla seuraamaan:smokey:

bigtopsfinn

Terve Herbal and Bud-O-Phile!

Kiitos vinkistä, täytyy sitten seurata. En tiedä mistä tuo kaappi on alunperäisin, ostin sen kirpparilta... 25 € :biggrin:

Mulla oli vähän saman tyyppinen, vaan pienempi viimekerralla, mutta ei ollut mitään ongelmia sen kans ja kahet sadotkin valmiiks sillä. Ehkä oli sen verran hyvä ilmanvaihto ettei kereny kostumaan. Toki nyt on enemmän kasveja tulossa ja sama ufo, niin se voi olla ongelma tällä keralla... Katson jos saisin kaikki tuettu jotenkin paremmin.

bigtopsfinn

Veg Day 9

Veg Day 9

One TW didn't make it, and also had some bad luck with other MS's. Probably not so much luck as poor gardening.

Started a 4 more MS seeds and they were all successful.

Finally assembled the closet. I bought fresh active carbon and a new Philips Son-T-Plus 400w HPS, but I'll wait for the plants to get a little bigger before using them. For now they are under the old HPS with no carbon filter. Temps are from 28-30 C, not ideal, but I had the same temps before with no problems.

1 TW and 1 MS are about a week ahead of the other 4 MS. They each had their own 20w CFL, and didn't stretch too much. I'll bury them a little once I repot.

Cabinet setup:
VegDay9001.jpg

1 TW and 1 MS at 9 days veg
VegDay9002.jpg

The other 4 MS, popped up a couple days ago
VegDay9003.jpg

Thanks for stoppin in!

bigtopsfinn

Day 16 Veg

Day 16 Veg

TW and MS1 got some bigger containers.

The other 4 are just over a week old.

TW is front and center
VegDay16001.jpg

litletown

Hyvin on lähtenyt käyntiin.. mikä mahtaa kasveja vaivata kun lehdet keltaiset ravinne puutos vai liikakastelu anna viikon välein noin pieninä vettä ja merilevä uutetta.

bigtopsfinn

Hyvin on lähtenyt käyntiin.. mikä mahtaa kasveja vaivata kun lehdet keltaiset ravinne puutos vai liikakastelu anna viikon välein noin pieninä vettä ja merilevä uutetta.

Terve litletown!

Hyvä kysymys, ajattelin ite vähän samaa, silti ne kasvaa mukavasti joka päivä... ja tuo kuva tekee sen pahemman näköseks ku miten ne oikeasti on.

Voi olla ehkä myös liian kuuma sielä kaapissa. En usko että kastelen liikaa, aina kokeilen purkit nostamalla niitä. Pistin noihin maitopurkeihin 2-2-1 suhteella taimimultaa, lecasoraa ja Rainbow kukkamultaa (jossa on jo ravinteita).

Ehkä olis ideaa tuossa merileväuutessa, en ole ennen kuulu siitä (mikähän se on englaniks?). Katon jos näkyy kaupoissa, vai saako sitä vain jossain erikoisliikeissä?

Kiitos käynistä! :biggrin:

U

unthing

Nekon merileväuutetta löytyy lähestulkoon joka perusmarketista ja tavaratalosta.

bigtopsfinn

Veg Day 22

Veg Day 22

22 days from breaking the soil for the TW and MS1. The other 4 MS are about a week younger.

Unfortunately I'm in an uphill battle right now. They have all been growing very slowly IMO. Reasons for this:
1. I've had the old hps on them (this light has been used for almost 3000 hours)
2. Low humidity
3. Not enough nutrients
4. Possibly the soil sucks, it's the cheaper stuff. Next repot I'll probably just use the more expensive one if problems persist.

Two days ago I decided to change the 400w hps bulb, and transplanted the younger ones into 1 liter containers.

Been misting them with water to help with the low humidity.

Plants are yellowing due to what I believe is a Nitrogen deficiency. TW and MS1 (the 2 older plants) are already recovering from this, but now the 4 younger MS's are having the same problem. I have given them all a 1/3 dose of the Canna Veg nutes plus about 1/3 dose of seaweed extract. Hopefully the younger ones recover in the next couple days like the older ones did.

This is one of the drawbacks of growing in soil. You never know what exactly you're getting with soil, and it's difficult to fix problems with nutrients. I think I'll try coco next time.

Also put in the carbon filter when I changed to the new 400w HPS light.

I'll be having a guest coming to my house, sometime in the end of May, and everything will have to be done and taken apart by then. I'm planning to flower all 5 MS's starting Feb 24, (11 more days of veg) to give them 12 weeks of flowering time if needed. The TW can wait until March 17 to flower, so if all goes well, it should be a pretty good sized scrog for the TW.

Here are some pics.

Front right is the TW, front left is the MS1. The other 4 in the taller containers are the other MS's.
VegDay22001.jpg

Different angle here, TW on the left and MS1 in the back:
VegDay22002.jpg

The setup with the new filter installed. Also bought a new fan to blow over the tops instead of the large fan I had, which only blew air around the closet. The other 2 cups in the lower left are my wife's chili seedlings.
VegDay22003.jpg

N

nukkumatti

Anna nyt pikkusil jotain ruokaa... mgt ainaski ja vähä typpee..

N

nukkumatti

Taitaa kans vähä olla ylikasteltuja... ainakin joka kuvassa lehdet tuppaa roikkuun.

bigtopsfinn

Anna nyt pikkusil jotain ruokaa... mgt ainaski ja vähä typpee..

Sori en tiedä mitä mgt ja typpee ovat... :puppydoge

Annoin kaikille merileväuutetta ja Canna Terra Vega anokset liotettu 1/3, seuraavalla kastelulla annan 2/3 vahvuudella molempia. Vasta torstaina vaihdoin purkit noille pienille ja syötin, niin eiköhän ne parin päivän menneessä ala näyttään paremmalta... ainakin näin kävi isomille.

bigtopsfinn

Taitaa kans vähä olla ylikasteltuja... ainakin joka kuvassa lehdet tuppaa roikkuun.

Juu, päätin myös toissapäivänä antaa noille isommille vähän enemmän ravinteita samalla keralla kuin pienemmille, ehkä siitä johtuu tuo roikku, mutta olen nähnyt (ja kokenut :biggrin:) paljon pahempaakin roikkua, niin en ole kovin huolissaan.

N

nukkumatti

Wellwell magnesium and nitrogen mi growing brother! :)
But if you had repotted them then they should bounce up;) just let them dry properly between waterings.. And if they're overwatered just use foliar spray for the nutes. faster and won't drown your friends:)

N

nukkumatti

Yeah..but be careful with overwatering..will take helluvalot more time to establish decent root structure and will take the oxygen out of the roots. roots can't grow so they can't take in nutrients..

Latest posts

Latest posts