What's new

Finland is not Scandinavia.

A

arcticsun

When the pilgrimmers travelled around Scandinavia on a holy mission to spread the word of Jesus Christ & God and recruiting people leaving them no other option, it was join or burn.

But still there was the most fearsome wild savages who lived their own lives and culture worshipping nature and other own Gods:bow:.

Constantly enjoying massive amounts of death cap tea etz produced by the elder village shamans:crazy: turned them even more brutal and freed their mind to another level.

They lived deep in the woods of Finland and was the most feared people known, it is told that they were the last fighting against the pilgrimmers to the end. :dueling:
Never surrendered or accepted anything from the pilgrimmers:nono:. They would rather get burned than betray their own Gods and belives....

Hehe, just wanted to write a crazy ass story. :D

Its not far from the truth actually..

The Varangians or Varyags (Old Norse: Væringjar; Greek: Βάραγγοι, Βαριάγοι, Varangoi, Variagoi; Russian and Ukrainian: Варяги, Varyagi / Varyahy ), sometimes referred to as Variagians, were Vikings[1][2] who went eastwards and southwards through what is now Russia, Belarus and Ukraine mainly in the 9th and 10th centuries. However, according to some scholars (including those as famous as M. V. Lomonosov) the term "Varangians" was used to refer to any sea travellers, merchants and pirates irrespective of their origin. The term was used in relation to Vikings as well as to Slavic troops shuttling between major trade centres of the time and occasionally engaged in warfare. A similar term in the Russian language is "nemets" (немец), which was used with respect to almost all foreigners from European countries, but primarily with respect to Germans. In modern Russian this term has only one meaning - "a German".

According to the Kievan Rus' Primary Chronicle, compiled in about 1113, groups of Varangians included Norsemen known as Rus, just as some were known as Swedes, Normans, Angles, Gotlanders and so on.[3] However, due largely to geographic considerations, most of the Varangians who traveled and settled in the eastern Baltic, Russia and lands to the south came from the area of modern Sweden.[4]

These guys were badass.

jump117

Veteran
Etymologie

Etymologie

Quote: ...A similar term in the Russian language is "nemets" (немец), ...

The term "nemets" (немец) is near the same in many East-European languages - PL: Niemcy, RO: Nemti, CZ: Nemecko, HU: Nemet(orszag).
The Etymologie asserts that the origin of the word is coming from "nem (нем), nemoy (немой)", that means numb or unfit to understandable speaking.

A

arcticsun

But, it's all good, it's not like they are killing whales while singing. That's left for the Norwegians. :D

picture.php

All I can say is there is too many whales around here, and not enough banana trees :D :D

A

arcticsun

Ive been thinking we should host the scandinavian cup soon. Maybe by some salmon river somewhere?

what you guys think about that?

G

Guest129216

Ive been thinking we should host the scandinavian cup soon. Maybe by some salmon river somewhere?

what you guys think about that?

Sounds great! I can voulenteer as a judge :smokey:

Too bad there wont be anyone from Finland competing in the Scandinavian Cup though.:biggrin:

Maybe Nordic Cup is a better name?

N

nukkumatti

..Ofcourse we ARE!! :D

And specially if it's hold on beautiful Norwegian backcountry!! (and no finnish coppers there!)

Good idea Arcticmon!!! ..Even if we don't have the competition I'm gonna head your way for a summer trip! :D Take care bro!:)

A

arcticsun

Yall are very welcome to visit this summer, we're hooked up pretty tight hereabouts so no worries ;)

We usually hang out at some camping place in the summer, its become tradition to rent a fishing cottage, and just hang out there mostly all through the summer.

A

arcticsun

hahaha, weeeel there are options. Hash cup, a 5 or 10g of hash can be sent as letter mail, risky but maybe one can bribe a recipient in the recipient country. There are plenty of soap bar tokers, they go a long way to get a hold of some ace quality.

Outdoor growers cup 2011? :D

Also food edibles such as oils and butters are odor free and can be sent through mail. I suppose it would have to be a very small cup w accomplished OD growers, VIP invite only the first year to keep locations and such disclosed until after the cup was over if we were to want to host it in Norway, Sweden or Finland.

Best option is probably to host in Denmark, the borders are more open that way then if going the other way. Its easy to get a 10'er into Denmark from Norway Sweden or Fin, then it is to get one from Denmark and the other way around. Nor or Swe to Finland for example is easy, but its worse going the other way around. From Fin to Nor or Swe.

OR we could do as everyone else, and host an open cup in Amsterdam or maybe even in Praha. Its going to have to be smaller and more closed the further north we get. Like if we were for example to host in north Norway, then I could maybe get someone to receive pff like 5 parcels, any more and it would start to become ridiculously risky.

Thinking through it, Denmark, Amsterdam or Praha is the safest bet. I suggest its no point in making an indoor cup, as there are plenty allready, we should make it an outdoor growers cup. We could host this at the earliest this winter after the summer grows are well jared and cured and such.

There is no problems really in realizing such a cup. And im sure the Danes will be very interesting in joining in if it got properly organized.

Let it roam through your head for a while, picture we rented a country house somewhere in Czech rep for example. We can probably host at one of our good Danish friends houses, or we can easily find a recipient and a place in Amsterdam. Denmark or Czech rep would be my first picks.

G

Guest129216

Outdoor growers cup 2011 sounds like a plan. And planning is half the fun. So lets just plan.

Maybe it would be better to start of small and then expand if the feeling is there....

Location would not be a problem i think. Numerous places one can rent and still be "pretty

Safe". A fishing cottage by the river seems like good vibes. I used to be totally into

Fishing when i was younger. Not so much anymore(to timeconsuming...) but i still enjoy it.

I usually Surf on the river nowadays.

Here is me and the top of my plants last September.

Bomsebilete013-1.jpg

Catch ya later fellow Northerners.

N

nukkumatti

Outdoor cup next winter I'M IN!!
I normally travel with a 10g homegrow with me to europe if going with car or bus.. Nobody checks when your going that way:) . And it's nice to stop every now and then to light a fatty :). There are some very nice lakes where you can stop in Sweden .:)

Prague would be AWESOME..We were there 3 yers ago for a eastern holiday and some there is some good weed to score :) and those wormwood joints going around clubs are NICE with a capital N . I love it there! and some pretty good spirits too!!! I'm not even mention the beers there...YUMMIYUMMI even more than YUMMIBUD!! :D

A

arcticsun

lets see if there is an outdoor season this year hehehe

It looks like the west coast of norway is suffering colder climate regionally due to the volcano eruption. Hope the big one doesnt blow up on us...

I am wondering why did they decide to split the Danish forums from the rest of the scandinavian ones? It sucks tbh, because the danes are really active in their forum but the swedes and norwegians are not. If we had the danes in this subforum.. where they belong, they might pull the Swedes and the Norwegians into this dead forum!!

Denmark does not constitude any significant growing region on its own climate wise, its similar to southern Sweden, Norway and Finland climatically. Its a tiny country, hardly a different region from the flat lands in the other nordic countries.
While the regions in north Sweden and north Finland known as Lappland is similar to the region in coastal north Norway that is known as Halogaland climatically. Thats where the climate border is in Scandinavia, at the polar circle, not at Kattegat!

I would like to ask that the Danish subforum be put into the nordic group of forums where it belongs to boost the usage of these dead forums and pull some Norwegians and Swedes into the nordic subforums.

I dont know why you have split the Danish sub from the rest of the region, but it is killing the nordic forums!! I would love to see all the nordic grows under one umbrella this summer so its easier to find them and so the communication between the Danish community and the rest of the nordic community becomes better.

Unless there is a very good reason why the largest nordic speaking usergroup has been removed from the subforums, I would like our brothers and sisters back!!

Imho, either split these forums apart entirely so that each country has its own space or gather the whole region under one umbrella.

A

arcticsun

Thanks for the karma badticket :yes: Maybe you could air this to the powers that be at a given suited opportunity?

Would be awesome to have the Danish growlogs and subforums in here this summer. Everyone in the nordic forums is interested in what the Danes are up to naturally.

peace all good luck with the season

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Your word is as good as mine, prolly even better :)
I tried back when they changed it the 1st time, but still, here we are :)
:dunno:

But it is kinda weird, even the description sezz:
"Nordic Countries - Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden"

But then there's no Danes here..
+
Sweden is last, how like life :tiphat:

J/k :thank you: