What's new

Fingerprints on pics

norwegian

Obvious, but NEVER show the insides of your hand on pics! Neither
the inside of your feet for that sake.

Fingerprints, you know….. :cry:

C

CANNATOPIA

Good Post & if ya see some one with Prints, let them know politely.:)

C

CANNATOPIA

prob is but hey not a bad idea esp with Identy theft out there ;)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you made this thread! I see so many full fingerprints on this site at least 3 or 4 this week alone, it is as simple as LEO saving the picture & cropping the print then running it in their nationwide database to identify your print in a matter of minutes. Don't think they are not doing it as we speak because they are. I can't believe the crystal clear fingerprint shots I see on here! Sometimes I PM people about it and they never seem to be too worried, or they reply back who gives a shit. Well, God bless them! :)

Be safe ya'll! :canabis:

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Funny, I posted a pict with my hand in it a while back and blurred my finger tips for this very reason. At the time, I made a joke out of it in my post, but maybe it wasn't so funny.

But I think it really depends on the resolution of the photo. It would have to be pretty hi-res and clear in order for anybody to get an accurate finger print off of. The picture I posted would have been totally useless to LEO even without my blurring. But I suppose a crisp, hi-res photo could indeed be used for evidence if it ever came to that. Better safe than sorry.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Glad you made this thread! I see so many full fingerprints on this site at least 3 or 4 this week alone, it is as simple as LEO saving the picture & cropping the print then running it in their nationwide database to identify your print in a matter of minutes. Don't think they are not doing it as we speak because they are. I can't believe the crystal clear fingerprint shots I see on here! Sometimes I PM people about it and they never seem to be too worried, or they reply back who gives a shit. Well, God bless them! :)

Be safe ya'll! :canabis:

5 seconds in MS paint to alleviate a lot of 'what ifs', sounds like a solid plan to me :smoke: been doin this for a while now

norwegian

But I think it really depends on the resolution of the photo. It would have to be pretty hi-res and clear in order for anybody to get an accurate finger print off of. The picture I posted would have been totally useless to LEO even without my blurring. But I suppose a crisp, hi-res photo could indeed be used for evidence if it ever came to that. Better safe than sorry.

If they REALLY want to get you, they can easily upp the resolution,then run sharpening through photoshop an different plugins... trust me on that one - photoshop is my work!

Yeah,better be "paranoid" than trusting blurred pics.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It doesnt really take a crytal clear pic, just like a partial print from dusting all they really need is arch detail and the picture basically gets marked for peaks and unique arch identifiers. All they need is a half decent digital copy of your print and they can match it no problem if your prints are on file. It's pretty old basic stuff they have been doing for many years now. Nobody has the same arch lines and they can definitely enchance resolution several times, your prints are unique as a snowflake so take this shit seriously people! That is, if you give a shit. ;)

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Im guilty of this, and i appreciate every one that has kindly brought it to my attention :)

moho

This is an important issue actually, I know of people who has gone down because of it... There's a difference between being paranoid and smart ;)

G

Guest129216

Yeah. I'll keep that in mind. Never thought they could get prints of a photo.....

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Sure they can. I can and I'm not LEO with the hundreds of thousands of dollars in the latest equipment.

A 35 mm camera took negatives about twice as big as your thumbnail. A modern digicam takes pictures the size of a blanket. A 6 ft x 8 ft picture at 72 dpi shrinks to 3x4 inches (life size fingerprint) at 1728 dpi. Bust quality starts around 300 dpi. The shot below, with all the info necessary to ID me was taken with a 3 mp camera. Do they even make cameras that small anymore?

Would LEO bother? Probably depends of the size of your op. I don't want to find where the line is. Blur those fingerprints and wash your glass before you shoot your pipe.