What's new

finding herb in Rome...

funkapteryx27

Hey all,

I'm going to be studying in Rome for the next few months, and would like people to give me some knowledge about the ganja culture there. As in.....places to get herb/hash, types of people to ask, helpful phrases to know in Italian, locations of head shops/tabacchi that sell glass pieces, and so forth. I've already read the webehigh.com entry (which was somewhat helpful), and I can provide some information of my own to others planning on travelling here.

So, based on my searching around the past couple weeks, I've found a few potential places and gotten some offers. In Trastevere, I was able to get some herb off of some dreaded rasta types, who seem to always be hanging around the area. :joint: It was decent herb (I'd compare it to relatively good beasters in the states), and was better than I expected, being clueless and all in another country, but it was super-expensive (25 euro for probably a little more than a gram). I'd say that if you're desparate, it's out there, but definitely not an ideal situation in terms of quality, price, or general sketchiness.
Likewise, there's hash around the Monte Testaccio area, especially at night when all the bars are packed, but it's also kind of sketchy. I had some dude come up to me offering me hash at like 3 in the morning over the weekend, and even in my trashed state I could tell on smelling it that it was completely fake. :nono: So, yeah, it's definitely important to be wary of ripoffs, especially with hash.
Also, I hear ganja's around in the traditional tourist spots, Campo de'Fiori, the Spanish Steps, Termini Station, etc.....but those are also likely to be a ripoff. I haven't checked it out yet, though.

If anyone has got more advice to add to this, let's hear it. Anyone interested should also check out the webehigh entry, its a little bit useful, but not all that much.

funkapteryx27

yeah, this is the article you're referring to....
http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/070601_ap_cocaine_air.html

I'm looking for amounts that are a little more, um, substanstial, though (as in, not airborne particles)
In the past couple weeks since posting that, though, I've managed to find hash a number of times around Trastevere and at the Spanish Steps, so it's definitely around at night. Not the best quality or prices, though....and I don't like having to keep buying it off of the street every time....

Dkgrower

Veteran
Only been on holyday there but had no problem, try the spanish steps in the night time and you will see that rome is a cool place to chill and so beatifull in the night time

have a good time there

G

i lived in rome for a year, and i will tell yah that finding herb is very difficult. there is hashish for everyone and more, but its mostly soap bar (crap). soap goes for about 10euros/g 50euros/7-9g. a lot of online guides are kinda off. piazza trilucia is a good spot. campo de fiori is horible dispite what people say. sata maria in trastever is great, and testacchio is good to. some really like to go to san giovanni, but it was a treck for me. dont go to the tourist spots, because you will be ripped off. just bad stuff, an bad deals. stick to what i recomended and you will be fine any night of the week. good luck.

Dkgrower

Veteran
nice zorkieo, don´t really know of those places, but next time will rember to check them spots out.

Fore some reason i newer had it that difficult, always ran into some freindly smoker that has helped me out