What's new

Find work as a med provider in CA

I was just wondering how hard is it to get a job at a co-op? Or if there are any other jobs around CA that require the icmag kind of knowledge. Like trim work or what have you. I'm planning on moving there, but I need a job.

yea man your not gonna find shit especially without connects and being from out of CA. i wouldnt hire you, no offense. people keep shit wound up tight out here its no joke.

REZDOG

Veteran
And,if you move to Cali as a "grower",and locals find out,your grow house will certainly be used as "cannon fodder" for the local cops/DEA bureau,if ever a sacrificial lamb is needed. That's if someone doesn't kick your door in and take everything,first.
No contacts = PROBABLE EPIC GROW FAIL.
Make connections here,first,if you can,and go visit,first,and check out what you're getting in to.
Make sure where you move to has the lenient pot laws,some places in Cali are still uptight and no better than states where it's not tolerated.

quadracer

yes, please, just what California needs. Another person profiting off the system. Do us all a favor and get a job where you are.

Edit: Or better yet, move to Colorado! Hahahah..

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yep cali iz flood'ed........try another...newer....MMJ state....little less structure....yes...but still more opportunity for a open field and chances.....less people doing the same thang.............:2cents:

Sorry lemme clear myself up a bit, since I was around 12 I've been reading cannabis culture, then I was an OG reader until the day they were shut down. And I've been reading ICmag since the day OG was down. I haven't posted much buch I'm true to the spirt, I hate dumbass people much as everyone else. I want to go to the dam soon as I can but I gotta start somewhere. Not trying to take over anyones shit just looking for peace of mind.

Also I live right next to Cali already, I think I'm going to live out in the woods'ish if I can and just drive to SF, I don't care if it takes me an hour everyday

REZDOG

Veteran
Try Colorado. Seriously.
Cali's a shit-shoot,too many chefs in the kitchen,and kind bud's going for as little as $2500/lb.,in glutted areas.

Well rezdog thats more or less what I'm looking for, I'm going to school for bio-chemistry specifically botany, but I really want expert knowledge from the masters that have been doing it for years. You have to set up contacts somehow right? I know everyone likes to keep things hush hush and so do I, but its nice to have friends once in a while

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I sorta agree with quadracer but in a differing angle.

If you come to California looking for work in the med community, (I doubt you are trying to be a commercial grower or you wouldn't even need to ask the question you'd just move here and do your thing.) Don't expect to find any. California's unemployment rate is above the national average. MMJ jobs usually goto personal connections, referals from personal connections, existing patients who are in the right place at the right time and ask the right question, or people with exceptional amounts of experience that can be verified. A certifcate from a weed college won't mean crap. Maybe if its from the Amsterdam Cannabis College.

Stay where you are, get yourself educated, and connected with your local activists. Start fighting in YOUR state to get mmj.

get your self a nice pistol and go into the woods in cali and just take all the mexican weed growing if that dosent work move to montana where they dont have restrictions on how many patients you can have

zenoonez

Veteran
get your self a nice pistol and go into the woods in cali and just take all the mexican weed growing if that dosent work move to montana where they dont have restrictions on how many patients you can have

Its MONTANA! There are restrictions on how many patients live in the state!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why not start growing for a patient and move on from there. what's better then helping someone that's sick?

also, maybe try and get a job in a growing field like a greenhouse nursery or something like a tree nursery if your interested in botany

I would absolutely love to grow for someone who couldn't do it for themselves, I was told by a friend from SF that it would be hard though? I forgot to mention I have to move to cali just to get some of BOG's genetics because he is the man.