What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finally pulling the trigger on LEDs

usda101

Choosing my LEDs today any advice/criticism welcome . I have settled on 2 of these on dimmers .
Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit V2 Rspec
91 reviews
$584.99 USD

Pre-Assembled & Tested

Spectrum

Qty

usda101

Its and evolving situation 8x8 right now but expanding soon . And i want overkill if need be in 4x4 area. Replacing my 1k hps setup

Tangwena

Veteran
Choosing my LEDs today any advice/criticism welcome . I have settled on 2 of these on dimmers .
Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit V2 Rspec
91 reviews
$584.99 USD

Pre-Assembled & Tested

Spectrum

Qty
Google Alibaba they are a chinese ebay I got copies of those exact boards for $130 US arrived in 5 days and they are amazingly good.
Plenty of good copies of US stuff cheap as chips.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Yuanhui-newest-qb288-240w-V4-hlg_62350834183.html

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What spectrum?

I've seen more than a few reports of alibaba/ebay lights having too much far red, stretching the plants and finishing early. They're all different, so I'm unable to point at any specific mfgs or models. (Please post exquisite detail when reporting on LED results, yeah? lol)

Loving the pricing drops the last few years. :)

I know the TS series from Mars Hydro performs well, especially for an inexpensive led. Not sure if they're as cheap as you're looking at though. The new TS-3000 for a 4x4 is under $400

usda101

Im going to order 1 for now its kinda Crunch time. Im using this light for veg/bloom so was going with the r/soec , thinking about waiting to Friday for any last minute sales .

Brother Nature

I've recently returned to growing and decided to go the LED route. I don't think I'd use any other lighting system now (would like to give a go with CMH, but they're hard to get here and really expensive). My best advice would be to do as much research on LED lighting in relation to cannabis growth as possible, there is nearly all the information you'll ever need on this site alone. My secondary advice would be to find out what the actual components are in the brand of light you want (do they use Cree COBS, Citizens, SMD strips, what driver are they using, etc...) then just buy those components and build your own, it'll save you a shitload of money and is a lot simpler than it seems. Plus you can customize the shape and size to best fit your own room. Good luck mate! Welcome to the bright side!

Zomboy

Veteran
Im going to order 1 for now its kinda Crunch time. Im using this light for veg/bloom so was going with the r/soec , thinking about waiting to Friday for any last minute sales .

Where are you ordering from? Seems like a decent price for the 600H

Horselover Fat

Veteran
Good choice. That pot doesn't work for one driver (you only get upto 50% of full power). You need a 100k ohm pot. A 50k ohm can be used to dim two meanwell drivers simultaneously.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
Good choice. That pot doesn't work for one driver (you only get upto 50% of full power). You need a 100k ohm pot. A 50k ohm can be used to dim two meanwell drivers simultaneously.

Forget about the crap I wrote! Apparently that driver indeed needs a 50k ohm pot! Sorry for the confusion. You were right. It will work.

pinkus

Veteran
I run a couple 300 watt illumitex panels and a 300 watt Timbergrow unit. I think that the Timbergrow works just as well and was much cheaper. Also, it's "white light" vs. the shocking pink of the Illumitex, and much easier to move and or mount.

Good luck.

:shooty:

Latest posts

Latest posts