What's new

finally got a treadmill

you may want to try this when doing car errands...start keeping track of your average car trip length,when i figured out around 80% or more of my trips were two miles or less is when i decided to ditch the car for good,just doing some of your day to day stuff saves big bucks on gas and gets you good exercise,and carrying your groceries home will have you thinking about what you buy....
you cant walk on the road i would need to walk on..lets go get some treadmill..lol

did somethin today that i've never done before..walked for 1 hour at 1 mph..lol...comin from a place of almost total couch potato thats a huge accomplishment..al least now i know that i can walk for 1 mile without stoppin..that was my goal for today and i achieved it...

OsWiZzLe

your body uses fat instead of carbs as fuel for the first hour after waking up....on an empty stomach...drink a cup of black coffee and jump right on the treadmill out of bed....you will melt fat like you were on DNP :)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
good luck just keep it up and dont stop.. Cos most people i see use their TM's as another dresser put clothes on it the laundry hamper shoes, belts etc.. so sending ya good vibes for the continuation of use on your way to better health.. :D peace n pufs

sacKO

good luck just keep it up and dont stop.. Cos most people i see use their TM's as another dresser put clothes on it the laundry hamper shoes, belts etc.. so sending ya good vibes for the continuation of use on your way to better health.. :D peace n pufs

sacKO
sackoweed,the only rule in my house is to never lay anything on the tm.....one day at a time..

your body uses fat instead of carbs as fuel for the first hour after waking up....on an empty stomach...drink a cup of black coffee and jump right on the treadmill out of bed....you will melt fat like you were on DNP :)
oswizzle,i drink a glass of water,turn the coffee on,then get on the tm..

Crake

crake,i've actually had my diet under control for a couple weeks now...whole foods and only drink decaf or water.
Caffeine causes thermogenesis, which increases the resting metabolic rate, burning more calories even while at rest--it should not be eliminated. Though, it is also a diuretic, which means you will need to increase your intake of water (make sure you are drinking at least a gallon of water a day).

I would also give serious consideration to trying the intervals. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT, which is what I describe with the 15 seconds hard, 60 seconds easy) has been studied quite thoroughly and is possibly the best method of losing fat:
A study by Gibala et al.[6] demonstrated 2.5 hours of sprint interval training produced similar biochemical muscle changes to 10.5 hours of endurance training and similar endurance performance benefits
Also
Long aerobic workouts have been promoted as the best method to reduce fat, as fatty acid utilization usually occurs after at least 30 minutes of training. HIIT is somewhat counterintuitive in this regard, but has nonetheless been shown to burn fat more effectively

I've personally used it in my various cutting phases in bodybuilding with great success.

Cheers and keep it up,
Crake

Caffeine causes thermogenesis, which increases the resting metabolic rate, burning more calories even while at rest--it should not be eliminated. Though, it is also a diuretic, which means you will need to increase your intake of water (make sure you are drinking at least a gallon of water a day).

I would also give serious consideration to trying the intervals. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT, which is what I describe with the 15 seconds hard, 60 seconds easy) has been studied quite thoroughly and is possibly the best method of losing fat:

Also

I've personally used it in my various cutting phases in bodybuilding with great success.

Cheers and keep it up,
Crake
thanks for your suggestion crake..

did 21:30 at 1-1.5 mph, for total of 1/2 mile...my goal is to eventually do about 20 minutes 3 times a day or before every meal....was very pleased after doin the mile yesterday that back of legs werent sore..stretches are workin..

Str8Dank

fredcdobbs much respect to you for this! i too just started going back to the gym I'm feeling really good about it. i would recommend you let people in your offline world know about your goals as well. doing this makes you more committed because no one wants to tell people they failed.

good luck bro you have my support.

fredcdobbs much respect to you for this! i too just started going back to the gym I'm feeling really good about it. i would recommend you let people in your offline world know about your goals as well. doing this makes you more committed because no one wants to tell people they failed.

good luck bro you have my support.
thanks str8dank..couldnt be more pleased with the treadmill..it eliminAtes excuses...stuff like,is it rainin?..do i need to put my below freezin gear on?..should i try and walk on this really dangerous road that i live by to get to the park?..should i drive?..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its warm enough for the spring joggers to be out here,bless their spandex clad hearts,makes the bike path that much more scenic!

have been gettin in all the walkin i can handle around the house with chores..very surprised at how easily i get tired..will get back on treadmill today..