What's new

Finally Completed Stu's Custom Perpetual Build Out

stussy22

Finally got these girls in their new home. They are 8"-13" tall and just took a heavy defoliage. What I learned from HydroSun with these ladies is that they like a a good defoliage before flowering. The stems thicken up to help support the big buds that will be forming. And the leaves will grow back with in 2-3 days.

Still running 18 hours of light to let them fill in a little. Once they look good I will put them in 36 hours to the hour before turning the light back on to 12/12

PPM 1150 veg nutes
PH 5.8
Water Temp 66
Air temp 80 high 72 low
RH 65%-57%
Co2 @ 600

First picture was how they looked before I transplanted. I didn't get any shots of the roots but they were bright white and very healthy.

stu :joint:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking hella good bro! Plants look really healthy... Main space looks good too, adjust-a-wings ftw!! Great spread of light from them, haven't used them in a year or so but loved them when I did.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
They are looking very nice. I'd get that screen on them and start training the ladies. When the screen is half full I'd flip. They'll easily fill it up in the first 17 days, then think about a bud enhancer, but be careful those bud boosters can stunt the plant so use a very low dose the first time and only apply once in the first run.

:joint:

stussy22

Thanks Shh I'm loving those Adjust-A-Wings myself. The whole room is running so smoothly temps stay from 72-80 RH 59-65 couldn't ask for a better setup. I just need to get my growing game down with these ladies then I will be happy

HS thanks for stopping in I'm going to get on that screen and build that later today. As far as a booster goes I am tempted not to try one this run and just go with straight flower nutes and see how she does. I know she doesn't like high PPMs either once she starts to show signs of flowers. Is there a difference in PPM that you would run in coco vs hydro ?

I will get some pictures up tonight once I get that screen rocking.

stussy22

Made up a screen last night but didn't have someone to help hang it. Damn screen was a bitch to get in there too. Here are some shots I'm thinking of switching them over soon. Once they start to fill up the canopy soon.

Also my first run trying to truly do a sea of green. Last run in the UC system I didn't really know what I was doing. Have a little better idea now. Knowledge is power.

Vegan

nice call on that mini split,, i knew that widow shaker wasnt gonna cut it,,

room is pimp,,

Vegan

As far as a booster goes I am tempted not to try one this run and just go with straight flower nutes and see how she does. I know she doesn't like high PPMs either once she starts to show signs of flowers. Is there a difference in PPM that you would run in coco vs hydro ?

While I am still using kool bloom dry, I have been reducing or eliminating the use of all of supplements in my feeding. So far I have seen better results and have learned a lot more about growing! It's all about environment, which looks quite nice! I hand water my COCO at close to full strength st every watering.

stussy22

Vegan what's up man thanks for stopping in. The 9,000 btu window unit is for the veg room. all it has is some T5s in there. And ya there is no way that it would cut it in this flower room LOL.

Budley are you running LVPK too ? I also plan to just run base bloom nutes with no boosters and just stick to the basics. Next run I plan to test out Heavy 16 Prime. It is a micro nutrient similar to Liquid Karma and a sweetener.

As far as an update goes. Here is day 5 in 18/6 of light under the HPS in the flower room. As of 6am tomorrow morning the lights will off and will turn on at 6pm Tuesday. A total of 36 hours. A few friends that I have reconnected use this method. I did some research and found some information.

A Tip About Flowering

The leaves of a plant are the only part that can carry the flowering signal. The mechanism that causes this signal is an interesting process. Plants contain very specific color pigments, two of which are called phytochrome (red) Pr, and Phytochrom (far red) Pfr. Pr absorbs light at 660 NM. Pfr absorbs light at 730 NM.

A long, dark period allows the Pfr to dissipate and causes hormonal change that makes the plant flower. For production purposes, give the plant a good start by diminishing the Pfr; induced flowering is started with 36 hours of darkness before the first 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark.

Here are some current shots. The screen is starting to fill up quite nice.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I hope you have long arms, or can you get on both sides of the table?

looks great, thanks for sharing

stussy22

Day 2 Flower

Day 2 Flower

So fresh and so clean!

Big thanks CBM I work hard at it.

I hope you have long arms, or can you get on both sides of the table?

looks great, thanks for sharing

HAHA I was originally building for (2) 1000w and a 4x8 tray. Then I saw I just have enough space to shove in another 1000. And that is a 3rd extra light. So on my wood stand I made it high enough so my skinny ass could crawl to the other side. Thanks for the kind words man.

Day 2 of flower. Well after having the lights off for 36 hours once the lights turned on the leaves had a yellow hue on the newer growth towards the middle of the leaves. After watering them and doing some maintenance around they cleared up within 4 hours.

When does everyone start to see buds being formed on this lady ?Day 17-18 ? We will see, till then here are some shots from day 2 lights just turned on.

stussy22

Day 5 Flower

Day 5 Flower

Day 4 in flower room. No flowers yet not expecting a whole lot of post.

Question on the trellis

When do you move it up ?
How many branches do I want poking through the trellis ? Rought 1 every 5 " of each other ?
If so when do I trim/remove the other growth ?

Last edited:
I have no practical experience with this, but form what I've seen, you'd want the screen a little bit higher (4"?) and let it fill out a bit more, and pull every branch under until it is full.

Looking great Stu :)

stussy22

Rom: thanks for the tip. Take a look on how she looks now.

Alright its been about a week or so Week 1 pasted a few days till week 2. First pictures are from week 1 (day 7) second set of pictures are from day 11. Looks like they are going into flowering pretty quick.

week 1 (day 7)

day 11

oh also got my point and shoot camera back. Enjoy the better pictures.

stussy22

Week 2 - Day 14

Week 2 - Day 14

Just started week 2 (day 14) today. The over all Scog is not as level as I would like. I have been water them with just Heavy 16 Bloom, Roots Excel, Liquid Karma, and Calmagi.

Any input would be appreciated.

\

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
That's looking really nice stu :)

I think the canopy is looking good, looks quite even to me bro... Should be a good yield coming from this grow going by the amount of cola/ bud sites I can see in the pics.

Nice work!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Seems great. The stretch should almost be done. How far from the top of the plants are the lights? 18" should be perfect.

stussy22

That's looking really nice stu :)

I think the canopy is looking good, looks quite even to me bro... Should be a good yield coming from this grow going by the amount of cola/ bud sites I can see in the pics.

Nice work!

Ya I didn't weave on the trellis. That was my only mistake. But still should help the yeild.

Seems great. The stretch should almost be done. How far from the top of the plants are the lights? 18" should be perfect.

The plants are 30" or so from the bulb. I haven't moved the lights since the start. Plants stopped streching around day 16-17. I will have to repot back to you with a total height of plants. They are under 2' the screen help reduce the size of them there.

Week 3 (day 21)

At day 14 after realizing I didn't weave the branches into the trellis it was a little to late. I was using the trellis more to space the bud sites out from one another. Plans to possibly double trellis next grow with doing a weave before flower.

PPMs in rez have been 750 Ph at 5.8-5.9. Run off is around 650-750 @ 5.8. Flushing with straight RO every 3-4 feedings. I have been watering every other day for 3 mins on my irrigation setup. Might knock it down to 2 mins every day, but the pots still have some water weight in them the following day after water. Here are some pics post. Any questions, concerns, or comments you know where to do.

Latest posts

Latest posts