What's new

"FIL ROUGE" ( MARTINIQUE )

TAÏNY

I wonder what happened to this beautiful CANNABIS... My first encounter with the "FIL ROUGE" was in the REUNION ISLAND around 1981 when I'd stayed for over six months exactly in ENTRE-DEUX.
An older guy grew this... When everyone else was growing the "KALITÉ MANGUE".

Last edited:
Seeds were certainly originating from flowers smuggled from the other Carribean islands (Dominican, St Lucia etc)
My uncle come back from Martinique/Gwada with seeds in 95' wich he found in weed bough there in the street.
Planted, it was definitely pure Sativa almost not finishing here, with buds "empty".
One of the best laughing high i ever had with friends, with no tiredness. :D

achille

Veteran
Until today I never knew Fil Rouge was a strain from the Caribbean and Antilles, I though it was a marketing gimmick from a street dealer I've met in 96. I now regret having declined his offer !
What is the origin of its name ? Fil Rouge (Red string), any other informations to share ?

TAÏNY

Seeds were certainly originating from flowers smuggled from the other Carribean islands (Dominican, St Lucia etc)
My uncle come back from Martinique/Gwada with seeds in 95' wich he found in weed bough there in the street.
Planted, it was definitely pure Sativa almost not finishing here, with buds "empty".
One of the best laughing high i ever had with friends, with no tiredness. :D
@aeroponique2 BOMB SMOKE... and much later on my family visit back in France around 1991 a martinican friend of mine "smuggled" a boub bag from Saint Vincent for me... Just have to try it to know it's no joke!

TAÏNY

Until today I never knew Fil Rouge was a strain from the Caribbean and Antilles, I though it was a marketing gimmick from a street dealer I've met in 96. I now regret having declined his offer !
What is the origin of its name ? Fil Rouge (Red string), any other informations to share ?
achille... bro, aeroponique2 knows EXACTLY the truth. I didn't mention on purpose just waiting to see if someone knows. "Les Réunionnais" says it that it is from Martinique. Kalité Mangue is good but never like the FIL ROUGE. The taste... better than the Cambodian...

TAÏNY

Kalité = Qualité = Quality
Fil rouge = Red string = red pistils
This was named by the look of it, or the smell
I think: Fil rouge = Punto Rojo
Really? I always wanted to know the ORIGINE of the FIL ROUGE... Cool dude Ponto Rojo. But try to find out for sure bro.

achille... bro, aeroponique2 knows EXACTLY the truth. I didn't mention on purpose just waiting to see if someone knows. "Les Réunionnais" says it that it is from Martinique. Kalité Mangue is good but never like the FIL ROUGE. The taste... better than the Cambodian...
Yes, Fil rouge is a french language name from Martinique 100%
The old Jamaican strains are related to it, i think, like others old Carribean strains.

The "Kalité", i have only heard this word from Reunionese people, about strains from Reunion island.

Yes, Fil rouge is a french language name from Martinique 100%
The old Jamaican strains are related to it, i think, like others old Carribean strains.

The "Kalité", i have only heard this word from Reunionese people, about strains from Reunion island.
I can confirm. Fil rouge was an old strain from Martinique. I grew up there. Only heard the name. Not sure I've ever tasted it. Back when I was still living there, we would get two different types of Jamaican weed.

TINY RASCAL

Started to germinate over 30 seeds of the "FIL ROUGE".
THANKS TO MY BUDDY "BRUNO" from : (Saint Vincent, MARTINIQUE).

_20220712_183251.JPG

_20220712_183415.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts