What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings tribe.
Happy Tuesday. I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. Did anyone catch the first half of the Bears Vikings game last night? I've not seen such horrible offense from two teams in a long while. The packers haven't looked too good to me this year but not anything as pathetic as the rest of the NFC north.

@pop_rocks. Speaking of changes in the season the fall colors were getting pretty good in the northern part of the state on Sunday when we were up there. I wish I'd have tak s some pics but we were focused on the job at hand. Should be only a week or two from peak. Your right a lot of people just 'overlook the magic' and it's too bad. There is so much beauty and spectacle to behold.
I think you put it perfectly when you wrote 'universal situations and stories that transcend culture and time'. You certainly can learn a lot about people from the types of stories they tell. Technology changes but people are always concerned about the same stuff like what to eat, their shelter and security and relationships with others.

@ Badfishy. I think that providing fathers and loving mothers is pretty normal and just kind of human nature. Woman just seem more connected emotionally. I think competitiveness is more a male thing as well, not that woman arnt competitors but they tent to be more focused on one thing and men can compete about anything (loudest farts and other kinds of ridiculous shit).

@ Packerfan. That's unfortunate thet you have to cancel the trip. I know you were looking forward to that. Maybe take the shrooms and just find stuff around the house to keep you occupied or something. did you cancel because you use a humidity dome and have to be there to mist it a couple times a day? I'm hoping my bubble cloner works well it dosent have a dome to mist so I hope it frees me up to get away more often.

@ Rodehazrd. Your baby's are looking good. Glad the Ca(No) is working well. I've always heard that lots of ca makes for strong plants. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

The girls needed water this morning already. They are drinking a lot more as they grow like crazy. I also took the bottom 4 branches off each plant and put them in the cloner. I'm pretty sure my first round of cuts is going to be fine so these are just for experiment and to see how this DWC cloner works. I got a pic of each plant but my photography skills still suck. I'll try to use a backdrop next time so you can see the plants better.
Plant #1. Tallest and most wide open of the 4. Fastest grower and had the most mag deficiency early. 26" tall not a lot of branching.

Plant #3 shorter than 1 and much bushier. My second favorite of the bunch. 24" tall.

Plant #4. Second tallest. More side branching and tighter node spacing than #1. Had some mag deficiency early but isn't showing anymore. 25-1/2" tall.

Plant #2. Most compact of the bunch. Tightest node spacing and lots of branching. My favorite of the bunch at this point. 21-1/2" tall.

I took more cuts this morning than in my past year plus of growing combined. It's very easy to cut them and put them in the holders, if I was taking a lot of cuts I'd love to be able to use this method. Just pure RO water in the cloner. Looking forward to seeing how they do over the next few days. I took a variety of sized cuts to experiment with what works best.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Fiddynuts, I cancelled because I had to cut 125 clones, and didn't have time to get it done. I was going night fishing. Going to try again this coming Saturday. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts, I cancelled because I had to cut 125 clones, and didn't have time to get it done. I was going night fishing. Going to try again this coming Saturday. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.
Good afternoon Packerfan.
Wow 125 clones is a lot.... I can see that taking a good chunk of the weekend. Way to go doing the responsible thing and keeping on track with your grow. I hope you get to go this weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
all the plants are looking great man!
have you given the stems a rub to see what they smell like
not the most accurate method, for sure but after a while you can get an idea of whats what
fwiw, i agree that #2 looks great!
i also like #4 because she has a more open look and i can see how she might fill in with the least amount of training
i like the colored collars on the cloner!
it helps keep track of the different phenos or even different varieties
that sounds really nice about the fall colors coming out in your area
the seasons are changing here too but its san diego, so you have to really look
so cal has a much more subtle fall change over, but its there

wow,p'fan
125 cuts will keep anyone busy
how many of those are you planning on taking to flower?
how long do you reuse your mothers, do you eventually flower them?
sucks about not being able to go on your fishing trip but it sounds like you are a man with his eyes on the prize

hope everyone is havign a great week

packerfan79

Veteran
not the most accurate method, for sure but after a while you can get an idea of whats what
i also like #4 because she has a more open look and i can see how she might fill in with the least amount of training

wow,p'fan
sucks about not being able to go on your fishing trip but it sounds like you are a man with his eyes on the prize

Hey pop rocks, I plan on flowering 80 in the big room, these came from my seed plants, and my black triangle mom, and the 2 mendobreath clones I got recently. I am going to keep one of everything as mom's. I will be flowering my moms in the aisle of the big room. The black triangle may get retired if the pure ghost og comes out well. I have 6 strains going right now, I would like to cut it down to 3 or so strains. I know the mendobreath is a keeper, the black triangle doesn't have enough fuel to it, I want a better OG. I still have a pack of BOG'S sour grapes and a pack of bodhis cobra lips to try and get to also.

Fiddynut

Looking good fiddy!

Thanks brother!

wow,p'fan

So far I'm getting skunk, sour, fuel and my brother said he was getting some wintergreen from stem rubbing. The wintergreen he mentioned was something new for us, but I can't really smell it. I think I'm just around the plants too much and have some nose blind effect. My carbon filter is over a year old and I don't think it's doing so well. Planning on getting a new one this weekend.

Im loving the colored collars there really easy to put the cuts in and keep track of what's what. I took 4-5 cuts off each plant and got them all in the cloner in less than an hour and it was my first time trying this. After 24 hours the cuts look better than when they went in the cloner so I know it's good at keeping the cuts healthy. If they will grow roots and how reliability is going to be the real test.

I remember fall changes in the Bay Area were like you said 'subtle'. I'm guessing it's more so the farther south you are. But they are there and to be enjoyed. The weather is changing quickly here with more winds from the north and temps struggling to get to 60 next couple days. Fall is here and I hope it sticks around for a while.

Rodehazrd

Nice cloner Fiddy
I want one. So does it just have a airstone bottom and bubbles a lot
I like the size too and the colors .
:plant grow::plant grow:

Fiddynut

Nice cloner Fiddy
I want one. So does it just have a airstone bottom and bubbles a lot
I like the size too and the colors .
:plant grow::plant grow:
Good morning Rodehazrd.

You can make one of these with a plastic storage container but I was too lazy. I was at the grow shop and it was an impulsive by but I think it was only about 40 bucks. It uses a submerged pump with an air line that blends air into the pump so it blows a lot of bubbles and pushes the water around a lot. Cuts are super healthy no droop and look great now 48 hours since they went in. It's about 14"X20" so dosent take up much space. Has space for 24 cuts but you'd have to take smaller cuts to get all of them in without excessive overlap. I'm hoping to see root bumps in a few days. I'll keep updating progress and what I learn about using it...Fiddy.

Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.

You can make one of these with a plastic storage container but I was too lazy. I was at the grow shop and it was an impulsive by but I think it was only about 40 bucks. It uses a submerged pump with an air line that blends air into the pump so it blows a lot of bubbles and pushes the water around a lot. Cuts are super healthy no droop and look great now 48 hours since they went in. It's about 14"X20" so dosent take up much space. Has space for 24 cuts but you'd have to take smaller cuts to get all of them in without excessive overlap. I'm hoping to see root bumps in a few days. I'll keep updating progress and what I learn about using it...Fiddy.

I will search for one online $40 goes quick buying rapid rooters and gels. And they only come in brown.:canabis:

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings tribe.

I got busy with the twine and razor again this morning. The 3 tallest plants got tied down to help with my hight restrictions. I realized that what I gained in vertical clearance I gave up in horizontal clearance. With just 18" sq per plant (even less since the sides of the tent suck in from the negative pressure) it's getting really tight in there. For now that fit but we will see in a couple weeks when they've maxed out their size and the stretch is over. I also took a couple more nodes off the bottom of the 3 biggest plants, not quite a lollipop but makes watering easier.

The cuts have been in the cloner for a over 48 hours now and still look great. No droop and great color. So far so good. Here is a pic of them looking better than when they went to the cloner.

Here is plant #1. I was most aggressive with trimming bottom branches and tieing this one down.

Here is how they are filling the tent from a top view.

Here is a side view. Looks like pretty good light penetration so far.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nice haircut,fiddy
as ive said before, im all about the lollipopping
it helps wiht air circulation down below and also makes it easier watering and keeping an eye on the plumbing ( for when you are running hydro or a drip feeder)
at $40 the cloner sounds like money well spent, brother
heck, it will pay for itself in no time from not having to buy rooting gel
i would still keep a few rooting cubes on hand for popping seed but you could ditch them too if you wanted
its starting to feel like fall here too now, the air has a nice chill in it and the light is way different outside

sounds good p'fan
with all the extra cuts you can be extra picky as far as only running the healthiest ones go
these are your own cross? (black triangle x ???)
/sorry if im missing soemthing obvious,brother
i flower my mothers too
about how long do you keep them before letting them graduate to the flower room?
about how many mother plants can you hold at a time?

hope everyone is having a great week!

packerfan79

Veteran
nice haircut,fiddy
it helps wiht air circulation down below and also makes it easier watering and keeping an eye on the plumbing ( for when you are running hydro or a drip feeder)
i would still keep a few rooting cubes on hand for popping seed but you could ditch them too if you wanted
its starting to feel like fall here too now, the air has a nice chill in it and the light is way different outside

sounds good p'fan
with all the extra cuts you can be extra picky as far as only running the healthiest ones go
i flower my mothers too
about how long do you keep them before letting them graduate to the flower room?

Hey pop rocks, I don't have a set time I keep my moms, being that I go down to just mom's for 6 months or so I would 6-7 months. They stay under t-5s during that time. No I never made any crosses, I chickened out. Black Triangle, and mendobreath are from clones the ghost og and the LVTK are from,cannaventure. Terpenado and cherry sunshine are from bodhi

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on,brother!
im like you and take it easy for the hottest months of the year

just wondering what are your thoughts on keeping mother plants in general

packerfan79

Veteran
right on,brother!
im like you and take it easy for the hottest months of the year

just wondering what are your thoughts on keeping mother plants in general

I have gone with no mother's for years I would cut clones off my vegging plants and keep them in cups of coco, gave me goid head start on vegging.I will keep the best 3 or 4 strains for next fall/winter as mother's. Probably in soil which is much more forgiving than coco.

I got some good news the wife has been accepted to an accelerated bachelors degree program, and financial aide should cover most of the cost . So 18 months from now I should be able to start school full time. This should get both of us out of school a year earlier.

Fiddynut

nice haircut,fiddy

sounds good p'fan
i flower my mothers too

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I'm still working my way up to a real lollipop but getting closer. I think I'll be more likely to lollipop a clone once I know how the plant grows and I'm reasonably sure it won't herm on me. If I can find a good stable mother or two in this batch I'll probably grow them out again on the cycle after next and than I can go maybe half way up the main stem. I defenatly like the improved access to the soil that the trimming I've done gives me. I have a feeling it will help the pots dry more quickly with more air moving and some direct light on the soil.

So far so good with the cloner but I won't be getting rid of the rooter plugs or gel just yet. For now I still plan on taking my first cuts from seed plants the old fashioned way just to be sure that make it. If I get very consistent results with the cloner for a few cycles then maybe I'll start using it exclusively. For now I'm just playing with it and figuring out how long it takes to get roots and how reliable it is. I also have to see how the clones transition from water to soil after they root. I am thinking about using a couple rooters to pop seeds that will go into the coco party cups I want to experiment with.

Fall is defenatly in the air here. A lot of yellow and orange leaves in the trees and it's been a cool and damp week. I love that chill in the air but miss some things about summer already.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning boys!
hope everyone had a great week and is starting their weekend off right
/smoking on some " the white" that a friend grew out right now

i think growing out the same plant a few times would be a great idea fiddy
once you find a decent plant you like and grow it out a few times you will learn a lot about what she wants and needs
once you get her dialed in you can add another plant to the mix
i tend to grow out the same strains for a few cycles at a time, adding new lines as i find something better
/this next cycle i will be growing out the dog treat again,plus a couple new beans hopeing to find a keeper
its a good learning experience to familurize yourself with a variety and you will be able to see how different growing style effect your plants

great news, p'fan!
sounds like you and the mrs are working hard on your education
an excelerated program sounds hard but well worth the extra effort
anything that can help you get out of school faster and on to putting that degree to work,man

hope you guys are enjoying your weekend
havent heard from some old names who used to post and i would like to send out good thought to them,hope all is well
that goes for anyone new reading too!

wanted to throw up the latest pics of schmoopy
/instead of starting a new post, im just going to add to this one
last night was friday the 13th
she looks like she is still on track to finish sometime around the end of the month and the smell is off the hook
i gave my friend the last bottle of premixed liquid plant food to feed her (some bloom nutrients with some molasses mixed in) and will probably start the flush sometime next week
as usual, the overview first

picture.php

View image in gallery

i added some more support, tying the flopped tops you see at the 3o'clock position in the overview and also some light defoliation
i let my buddy know what a great job he was doing and he seemed to really appreciate the pat on the back
he even said he might be interested in taking a toke once she was done!
after all the work and effort he has put in, who could blame him
/i totally agreed and even suggested that he pick out a branch that i would kick him down as well
shes looking good and i cant wait to see how she smokes

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, i,was watering Thursday night, and all I could smell is straight fuel. Starting to see some pistils forming. Th GHOST of is most likely the stinky culprit.

Thanks to a very generous member here my selection just got a lot harder, I got some hard to find seeds an route.I am pretty excited to expand the seed collection. Especially since it's a gift. Clones are looking good, seems like everything is falling into place .

Lol schmoopy looks to be getting heavy, got that bamboo bending pretty good. I bet your friend is going to enjoy tokin on her. What strain is she? The frost is quite nice on her.

We are definitely happy that the wife was accepted to the accelerated program. My sis in law did some digging and found out it's fully accredited and she can continue their for her master's degree also.now I just have to figure out wtf I want to do.

So I have been a little frustrated by work because they have a hiring freeze, meaning new employees like me are kinda stuck in probationary status, but I guess the freeze has been lifted. A couple people got rasies, and one guy got off the probationary status.

Hoping to get my ass to the lake for some shrooming tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Fiddynut

Good morning tribe.

I hope everyone had a great week and your weekend is off to a good start. Looks like it's going to be a wet weekend here so I'm probably not going to be disc golfing or doing much outdoor activity. I need to catch up on some rest anyway and have plenty of projects around the house to keep me busy.

I made an observation this morning when I was watering/feeding my plants. The plants s seem to have more strong scent when the pots are getting dry than when they have just been watered. I know plants seem to make trichomes as a result of stress and a sunscreen of sorts so maybe this makes sense. Does anyone else notice that their plants smell more when they are on the drier side?

Per some advise I got after over feeding my last plant I've been giving them about half recommended dose of PBP bloom every watering, which is about every 4 days. I'm giving cal/mag plus every other watering during the stretch and will back off the cal/mag once they stop. So feed plus cal/mag plus and pH up to bring pH to mid sixes is about 800 ppm. So far the plants look good but I'm wondering how 800 ppm compares to what others are feeding. Anyone feeding plants at 800 ppm? Too much? Too little? Just looking for others experience and opinions.

@ pop_rocks. I'm looking forward to growing out clones multiple times and learning how to dial them in. I'm planning on doing another seed run after this run and keeping cuts of the next round as well as this round. That will give me a few clones to choose from as long as things go well for a few runs after that. If I can get a couple good phenos of each strain that will be even better because I'm still going to want some variety.
Schmoopy is looking great. I'm really liking her structure and she is really putting on the frost. Like pack' said she is putting some pressure on the bamboo. Your buddy is getting some good experience and has a great teacher. I can't wait to see how she finishes and here how she smokes.

@ Packerfan. That's great news about the school for your wife. The quicker she can get it done the quicker she can start getting real work experience and start honing her craft. Good luck with the new beans, are you going to keep us in suspense about the strain?
I hope you get a raise at work and get hired permanent status. You've been working hard and your boss should notice that.
Have fun on your fishing 'trip' tonight:). I know you've been looking forward to it. Stay safe!

packerfan79

Veteran
Good morning tribe.

I hope everyone had a great week and your weekend is off to a good start. Looks like it's going to be a wet weekend here so I'm probably not going to be disc golfing or doing much outdoor activity. I need to catch up on some rest anyway and have plenty of projects around the house to keep me busy.

I made an observation this morning when I was watering/feeding my plants. The plants s seem to have more strong scent when the pots are getting dry than when they have just been watered. I know plants seem to make trichomes as a result of stress and a sunscreen of sorts so maybe this makes sense. Does anyone else notice that their plants smell more when they are on the drier side?

Per some advise I got after over feeding my last plant I've been giving them about half recommended dose of PBP bloom every watering, which is about every 4 days. I'm giving cal/mag plus every other watering during the stretch and will back off the cal/mag once they stop. So feed plus cal/mag plus and pH up to bring pH to mid sixes is about 800 ppm. So far the plants look good but I'm wondering how 800 ppm compares to what others are feeding. Anyone feeding plants at 800 ppm? Too much? Too little? Just looking for others experience and opinions.

@ pop_rocks. I'm looking forward to growing out clones multiple times and learning how to dial them in. I'm planning on doing another seed run after this run and keeping cuts of the next round as well as this round. That will give me a few clones to choose from as long as things go well for a few runs after that. If I can get a couple good phenos of each strain that will be even better because I'm still going to want some variety.
Schmoopy is looking great. I'm really liking her structure and she is really putting on the frost. Like pack' said she is putting some pressure on the bamboo. Your buddy is getting some good experience and has a great teacher. I can't wait to see how she finishes and here how she smokes.

@ Packerfan. That's great news about the school for your wife. The quicker she can get it done the quicker she can start getting real work experience and start honing her craft. Good luck with the new beans, are you going to keep us in suspense about the strain?
I hope you get a raise at work and get hired permanent status. You've been working hard and your boss should notice that.
Have fun on your fishing 'trip' tonight:). I know you've been looking forward to it. Stay safe!

Hey Fiddynuts, yeah i,an going to keep everyone in suspense till the beans arrive. I am not sure exactly what is coming, their is quite a bit of goodness from this particular member. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I will share once "the eagle has landed " lol.

As far as work goes seems like someone must have removed the stick that was wedged in the bosses ass. He's actually speaking to me now. We have a new guy who spends the day watching tv on his phone. I walked by and he's watching "the voice" while he's using the drill press wtf. Kids these days are absolutely useless. Everyone has headphones on myself included, but watching tv while using equipment is taking it a little to far. Imho. Of course he's in my department, their are 4 guys not including the tv kid. We were talking yesterday, probably going to try to get rid of him after this big order I finished.

As far as your observation mabey the dry cycle allows the plant to open the pores more to release more smell. I have noticed in soil when things dry out that's when I notice a bump in growth.

Latest posts

Latest posts