What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
your pics arent showing up bro but i went to your profile and saw some pics of dank ass weed
was that what you grew out?
have you been hooping it up lately, i forgot where you were from but hopefully the weather is getting nice outside
good to see you back around doh'

the iss was jsut the brightest thing in the night sky and you could see it moving; i bet if i had some magnification i could have gottena better look at it
not too much planned this weekend fiddy; just chilling by myself and enjoying the nice spring
the garden is starting to grow and i have a few yellow flowers on the early tomatoe plants
that brisket sounds awesome
went to a friends hosue last night and he made some corned beef, but he used a really cheap cut and ended up having to cook the shucks out of it
it was good with some cabbage and mustard, but the meat was really dry and the texture was off
sounds like you got the bike all tuned up and it should be ready for this season!
are your forks air, or do they have a spring inside?
new chain and cables are good routine maintence and you should be good for a few years now
do you have the disk brakes? might want to check the pads in those too, but you can get those online and they are easy to replace, especially for a guy like you
thats awesome that your got your bike all tuned up and i hope you get some good saddle time in

DoloDankness

It must be because I’m trying to upload from my phone, sorry bout that. If they showed up in my profile then maybe it worked kind of ?! Lmao. It was some really sweet cherry tasting and smelling buds. And I’m from the northeast of the US so and this week is the first week it’s gonna be 60 all week which is nice! Gonna try and get outside for a few hikes, maybe hit the golf course with some
friends.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats great that the weather is getting nice and you are able to enjoy some time outside
cherry is always a fun taste, kind of tart and sweet
does you sis smoke too? how about your friends
its nice to break out something super fresh that you grew yourself
have a great weekend my man

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday! I hope y'all had a nice weekend. I did but it went too quickly as it always seems to. We had some really nice weather here the last couple of days and I tried to take advantage of it. I was able to get rounds of disc golf in on Saturday and Sunday. I also made my bbq half brisket and it turned out really good. I spent a lots of time researching and getting the brine together for pickling the other half and I'm really looking forward to making the pastrami next weekend!

​​​​​@DoloDankness. That cherry cross looks great! Nice and frosty. I think the strains that get purple leaves like that are beautiful. I don't think I've had any buds that taste and smell like cherries but that sounds great. I love a good sour cherry flavor. Say what you want but you've got to have some skills to get a plant that far along indoors where you have to recreate nature!
Take advantage of the nice weather while you can. We never know how long its going to last and spring can be rainy and cold, at least around here. It always feels so nice to get outside after a long winter!

pop_rocks. Ill have to have a look up in the night sky and see if I can see it up there. Maybe its only certain nights depending on where it is in orbit.
Its great that you have some early action in your garden. We've got daffodils almost opening in the flower beds and tulips not far behind. No sign of the rhubarb yet.
That's too bad that the corned beef didn't turn out well. The most common cuts are brisket and round. I've never been a big fan of the beef round, its always seemed dry to me so maybe that is what he cooked. I've always poached my corned beef in beer so it stays juicy. There's so much salt in it that they tend to hold water. Cabbage and mustard are great with corned beef and root veggies too.
I'm stoked to have my bike back! My forks have air springs but use oil for damping. The oil is pushed through a valve to keep the fork from acting like a pogo stick. As you use the suspension the oil breaks down and thins out and becomes less effective. Its good to get the oil and seals changed out every couple of years or so as not to loose performance. My wheels are straight as an arrow again after the service too. The only thing I didn't need was break pads this year. I think I put new pads in last year and there is plenty of pad left. I didn't get to take her for a spin yet but she is ready as soon as the I get the chance!

​​​​​
​​​​​​

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

Hope everyone is starting the week strong. I have never been a fan of corned beef, one of the guys at work made pastrami which was pretty great. He's always smoking something. It's cool, to have someone to swap ideas with at work. I smoked some pineapple with cinnamon and brown sugar, it was really tasty.

We had some nice weather here this weekend, too. After work on Saturday, I got the veggie garden all ready to go. Planted a bunch of seeds. Saturday night the kids went to grandma's, so, we had a nice at home date night. Sunday I got some ganja garden chores taken care of. I started a couple of those autos I got to.

Dolo that cherry sounds really nice. I have been looking for a cherry strain for a while. So far nothing has given the flavors I want. I am thinking relentless might have something interesting up his sleve, for 420, maybe some cherry cookies crosses. I feel you Instagram is more about flashy pics, than real constructive advice.

Have a great night guys

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think you are right fiddy, he used a round cut this time instead of the brisket and you could tell
it had ok flavor but was really dry
sounds like your bike is all set for the season and i hope you get some time in the saddle here soon
i ended up pulling one of my bikes out and am goign to put some air in the shocks and get everything oiled up and tuned
the garden is doing great but im going to have to get some more beans and cucumbers out there
something has beeen munching my plants and most of the beans are still not breaking the surface
hope you are having a great week brother!

happening p'man! hope you are having a great week too my man
pineapple, cinnamon and brown sugar sounds aweseom
a friends dad used to make this upside down cake where he would put pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon in the bottom of a pan and then make a cake out of it
it was bomb, super moist with those pineapples and sugar all carmelized
thats great that you and the mrs got to have a date night man! nothing like enjoying some good times with the lady and just getting to be in love
hopefully you guys can share some more times together
did you mention what autos you are going to crack into? hope it all goes well my friend and you are having a great start to your week

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@packerfan. Pastrami is great but can be intimidating because the process takes over a week and you need curing salt (sodium nitrite) which most of us don't have on hand. But all that time, work and love is worth it when you bite into that spicy, salty,smokey treat. I've got a nice chunk of flat brining this week for next weekends pastrami.
I like corned beef but its best when you do the pickling at home, the store bought stuff is not of the highest quality usually. Having someone to swap ideas with and compare bbq notes with is great. There are a couple of us here at work that do a fair amount of bbq and we can help motivate each other. Smoked pineapple with cinnamon sounds great!
Getting a date night must ha e been a nice treat. Getting a few hours alone has to be a rare thing when you've got kids.
Getting caught up in the garden is a great feeling isn't it.

pop_rocks. I've heard that you can make great pastrami from beef chuck which is a lot more juicy and has more fat than round. If that's the case than chuck should make great corned beef too. Im going to test this pretty soon and get back to you. I love chuck for pot roast and ground into burger meat and its available everywhere.
My bike is all set and I saw a post from alpine valley mountain bike that said they are watching the conditions and will let us know when they open for the season. That makes me think that they may open pretty soon (fingers crossed). Get that bike up and running and get out there buddy!
Im glad that your garden is doing well and I hope you fill it out with the beans and cucumber. I love a nice cucumber salad, in fact nothing taste more like summer than a nice cucumber to me. My wife uses these pellets that keep the rabbits from chewing on her flowers, I wonder if they make them for vegetable gardens too.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys,

I love pastrami may have to look into it. I gotta get a brisket under my belt too. I found a crazy chicken recipe where you shove a pineapple core up the but of a chicken and smoke it like that , lol. I think I am going give it try.

Fiddynut's that's cool they let you know when the trails are open. I guess with the harsh winter you would want to take advantage of every nice day you can.

t's nice to keep the romance in the relationship, especially when we both have a ton of stuff going on. Happy wife happy life. We are trying to plan a vacation, I want to go to Mexico, Cancun, or Cabo, . She's scared to leave the country,

Pop Rocks, I got Trizzlers, and Trix. I popped one of each. Still waiting for them to break the surface. I found an organic autoflower super soil mix. Seems pretty straightforward mix it into bagged soil, and water. I ran some autoflowers in coco, and they came out really chemmy and not in the good way.

DoloDankness

Hey guys didn’t do much this weekend. Hung out with some friends. One of my buddies actually got his hands on some DiMiTri if you know what I mean! We tested it and it’s real! We used reagents to test but it was so cool to see reactions like I was in science class haha! I don’t have any plans of trying it anytime soon, but I will try it at some point in my life. Other than that I have been working out to try and keep myself motivated seeing the results. Thank you everybody for the kind words about the buds! They were definitely decent, I just want to do better! Haha.
@packerfan those slabs of meat you have pictures of on Instagram make my mouth water 🤣🤣. My grandpa uses pineapple to roast ham for Easter and Christmas so I’m curious to how it will work in a smoker. What’s the cross of the trizzlers and Twix?
Fiddy that brisket sounded amazing lmao I need to get into this whole meat thing 😂

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys didn’t do much this weekend. Hung out with some friends. One of my buddies actually got his hands on some DiMiTri if you know what I mean! We tested it and it’s real! We used reagents to test but it was so cool to see reactions like I was in science class haha! I don’t have any plans of trying it anytime soon, but I will try it at some point in my life. Other than that I have been working out to try and keep myself motivated seeing the results. Thank you everybody for the kind words about the buds! They were definitely decent, I just want to do better! Haha.
@packerfan those slabs of meat you have pictures of on Instagram make my mouth water 🤣🤣. My grandpa uses pineapple to roast ham for Easter and Christmas so I’m curious to how it will work in a smoker. What’s the cross of the trizzlers and Twix?
Fiddy that brisket sounded amazing lmao I need to get into this whole meat thing 😂

Trizzlers is watermelon zkittles, x Triangle . The trix I forget, same Triangle, but can't remember the other parent.

I cut all the outside of the pineapple and then cut it in half. It was really easy.

I like to do a big Sunday dinner, giving the wife a break from cooking.

You definitely need to get into this meat thing. Lol.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys
hope you are all having a great week!
/im having a crazy fun time and i got attacked by bees the other day
spring is just around the corner

those sounds like fun seeds p'man and i hope you get good results from your autos
i am goign to go through the stash and i might have to see what i can throw in the tent this spring, plus maybe i can get some outside in the sun
unfortunately, my friend is selling his house so i cant grow in his yard anymore
i know a few other people who are interested, but the fun about growing in my buddies yard was he lived just around the corner and i went there anyways each friday night to hang out

happening f'nut! hope your week is off toa great start
let us know how you like this pastrami, how did you brine it?
i thnk you can get away using the fattier meats when you cut them thin or put a slow cook on them
this corned beef was dry but was ok when you ate it with cabbage
what are these pelets? are they little granduales you spread on teh soil or like a big disk
my problem looked more like slugs so i could also sprea some sand or lava rocks as a top dressing to stop them
you are so right about how a cucumber brings a special freshness and tastes like summer!
hopefully spring is just around the corner for us all and i can taste it already!

happening doh!
thats a walk on the wild side and it is good you guys did your dua dillagence before diving head first
thats great that you are wroking out more and you keep kicking ass
p'man is right, you need to get in on this meat game

have a great week everyone!

Fiddynut

packerfan79 . I think your ready for the challenge of BBQ brisket for sure. Its fairly straightforward but you have to catch it at the right time to get a really good cook on it. With pulled pork you can just take it to 200 degrees and rest it and be good but with a brisket there is a much more narrow window. Pull it too early and it will be tough and seem dry, pull it too late and it will shred like pulled pork. It still taste good shredded but I think we can all agree that its best when you can slice it and have it hold together and still be tender. Every brisket is a little different so you have to probe it to see how tender it is and pull is off the heat before its too lake and it falls apart. There isn't a magic temp but it happens somewhere between 195 and 205. I just trim mine up, season with just salt and pepper and cook 5 or 6 hours to get it to the right color and amount of smoke then wrap it with foil for a couple or so more hours until its ready. A couple hour rest after the cook is best if you can resist digging in. Once you've got that down then is a good time to think about moving on to pastrami.
One of the popular ways to cook a whole chicken on the grill is called beer can chicken where you take a can of beer and stick that up the chickens butt and it cooks standing up. The pineapple up the butt sounds like a similar concept with the heat creating some steam that helps keep the chicken moist from the inside.
I hope you can talk your wife into going somewhere nice for vacation. You deserve one for sure you've been busting ass!

DoloDankness. That D is extremely powerful medicine brother. I don't have experience with it but I have the utmost respect for it because of what I hear about it. If it found you that might be a sign but I think most people recommend an experienced guide on your first time. Trust your gut and do what you feel is the right thing and it will likely go good for you.
I always want to do a better job with my grows too and I have a feeling that no matter how many grows I get under my belt I will always strive for better.
Bbq is a great hobby but grilling and smoking can be addictive so watch it LOL!

pop_rocks. Awe man, that is unfortunate about your buddy selling his house it was a great spot to grow some nice plants. I hope you can find another spot to take advantage of all the sun you get down there.
I will report back on the pastrami next week and ill try to get some pics too. My brine is a gallon of water, 2-1\2 tsp of pink salt (cure #1 sodium nitrite), a cup of kosher salt, a cup of brown sugar, a few cloves of garlic, mustard seed, dill, allspice, ginger, whole pepper corns. The curing salt, kosher salt, and sugar are standard but you can play as much as you like with the spices and aromatics. It needs to sit for a week in the brine to fully cure. All it needs before cooking is a soak in a pot of water to get a little salt out of it and a coating of black pepper and coriander and go heavy on the smoke.
The rabbit stuff my wife uses on her flowers is pellets. I think it smells like something they don't like so that stay away. Not sure if its safe to use on food crop. She has had some issues with slugs too on her flowers and has had to dig bulbs up and treat with bleach and water.
I hope your having a great week too!

DoloDankness

Fiddynut Yea I was also told since it found me it might be a sign. I need a guide for sure and I absolutely respect it. Gonna go with the flora flex nutrient line next time I can grow. It need a Cal-Mag additive so I think I might go with power si’s cal mag. For the soil I’m gonna go with pro mix.

pop_rocks Yea it’s definitely a walk on the wild side for sure, I’m glad we are smart enough to test it.

packerfan79 That cross sounds killer!! I have a pack of seeds of watermelon zkittlez x pebbles punch, which is a forbidden fruit cross.

Fiddynut

Fiddynut Yea I was also told since it found me it might be a sign. I need a guide for sure and I absolutely respect it. Gonna go with the flora flex nutrient line next time I can grow. It need a Cal-Mag additive so I think I might go with power si’s cal mag. For the soil I’m gonna go with pro mix.

pop_rocks Yea it’s definitely a walk on the wild side for sure, I’m glad we are smart enough to test it.

packerfan79 That cross sounds killer!! I have a pack of seeds of watermelon zkittlez x pebbles punch, which is a forbidden fruit cross.

Good afternoon DoloDankness.
I hope you have a great experience that opens all kinds of new possibilities for you.
Be careful with cal-mag. I use RO water and my nutes say on the directions to use it every feeding but that ends up being way too much and I fried some of my earlier grows by using even much less than directed. There is a lot of nitrogen in it and it messes with the balance of your nutes. I got so discouraged trying to use it that I stopped using it all together and I mineralize my soil now and let the microbes break it down into something my p!ants can use. There are so many nutrient options out there I really struggled with that part of my grows for the first couple years kept switching around until I found the right balance with the pure blend pro that I use. Im sure its not the best and I hate to support scotts\MG which now own PBP but it works and I'm too lazy to find an alternative.

DoloDankness

Good afternoon Fiddy! Thank you for the great advice! You’re right I don’t want to overdue it just because last time I didn’t have enough. I’m gonna keep an eye out for different nute line ups. I am trying to stay away from liquid nutrients besides maybe seaweed extract. For me those are very potent and hit your plants very quick.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope you are all wrapping up your week and ready for the last weekend in march
can you believe next weekend is april, spring is just around the corner

yeah fiddy, it sucks about my friend selling his house
the market is hot$$$$ right now and i think he is looking to cash in and downsize
we sure had some good times at that spot and i grew out a lot of fun weed; plus just the fun of hanging out with a great friend
i look back at some of the pics and remember the good times
the funny thing is one of his neighbors is kind of cool, ive been hanging out with them watching the b'ball tournament and he grows weel
he showed me what he grew and it had good names but his weed wasnt all it could be; i wonder...

Fiddynut

Greetings friends
Happy Friday! I hope y'all are having a great week. Im looking forward to some relaxation this weekend and getting caught up in the jungle.

DoloDankness. I feel you on how easy it is to make problems for your plants with all that stuff in the bottles they want to sell us on. I've had all the issues, not enough feed, too much feed, lockouts due to unbalanced feeding and the overuse of calMag. For a long time I was convinced that I needed to find an organic super soil type of thing g where I just add water through out the grow. The more I read about that the more it seemed it would be really hard to do here in this climate and indoors. The stuff I use is mostly bat and bird poop but has some synthetic salt based nutrients. Its pretty forgiving but you can still fry your plants if you go too heavy. Find something you like and try to stick with it for a few grows and you should have good results.

pop_rocks. The market is great here too. Your buddy is probably doing the right thing before we have another downturn and values go down. Maybe his next place will be good for getting a grow going. Hopefully the good times wit your buddy are just beginning and will just get better with time. And it can't hurt to talk to his neighbor and see if you could help him get more out of his grows. Does he just grow indoor? It would be great if you could start up where you left off at your buddy's house with his neighbor. Are you enjoying the tournament? I don't really watch basketball so I've got no idea whats happenig.
Have a great weekend buddy!

​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening buddy, i hope your week is off toa great start
we will have to see where he ends up and if he is open to growing there
his neighbor only grows outdoors and is having construction done on his house so i dont think i want to put anything in his yard
i have a few nice plants that im going to take cuts off and figure the rest out later
it seems home values are up across the nation and its great for people hoping to sell but sucks for those wanting to buy
/especially first time buyers
especially here in s.california, where home prices never seem to come down
how was your weekend? did you ever get to that piece of meat brother?

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Tuesday!
I hope y'all had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start!
My weekend went by way too quickly. I did get to play a round of disc golf even though it was super windy all weekend.
We also celebrated my wife's moms birthday over the weekend with her in a socially distanced picnic type setting. She will be getting her second vaccination soon so we should be able to actually gather for the next celebration with her. She is one of those single elderly people who must deal with the isolation of the last year plus of covid restrictions and we know its been tough on her.

DoloDankness. That's funny, I was just thinking its been way too long since I posted any pics here. Part of it is my lack of familiarity with the new look of icmag and also I'm lazy. These are four clones (2 each) from two seed plants I started many months ago and just found time to flower them out now. They are 18 days into 12\12. They didn't stretch as much as what I'm use to so not sure how my yield is going g to be. They were freebie seeds I got with some other Bodhi strains I got a couple years or so back. The mom is the JB cut of chemdog 91 and the dad is snow lotus. Here are a few pics.
Edit: I'm not able to pull pics from my albums for some reason ill try to post direct from phone

pop_rocks. I hope you had a nice weekend and your week is off to a great start!
It sounds like your buddies neighbors house is out but I'm sure you'll! Find a good spot. Like you said you can get some clones going and then find a spot for them. If it were legal for me to have p!ants in the yard I'd find a way to fit some in.
Your right prices dont ever seem to come down in the nice parts of California, intact just the opposite. And strong housing markets are definitely a double edge sword. Its nice to get top dollar for your house but not to have to pay top dollar for the new house. But interest rates are still low and that helps a lot.
​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​