What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.
It's been almost two weeks since the last update and the plants I've got flowering have come a long way. The buds are swelling and they are getting a good covering of trichomes. They seem to be finishing more quickly than I was expecting as I see mostly cloudy trichomes with a few amber already. They have been in the flower tent since 5/3 and I was initially thinking of harvest on 7/6 or 7/7 but I may have to move that up depending on what I see under the scope. Here are some pics from this morning.

Rodehazrd

Nice work there Fiddy
Glad you're getting some rides in. I've been getting shots in my ankles and feeling good getting some stuff done.
I have been digging out the ridge some more to add capacity outdoors. I had one 65 gallon fabric and a mound about the same size last year. A lot of the mound washed away but it still did better In the hot times. This year I cut the bottom out of a 65 and put it on top the old mound. When I emptied the first 65 it had a lot of sassafras and wysteria roots grown into the sides so I chopped the bank back to at least keep that down.
Here's two shots one of the Bozella sisters and I think a little male in front. Bangi by Oaxacan Zippolite I thought the mother would come through but this don't look like bangi . The Zippolite didn't finish here last season and I hoped to shorten the flower time with the cross.They are on leaf set 7 at 31" tall. 4 inches or so a node so far. I may drive some conduits in there at a 45 and pull them back at different angles to share the spot.
The other shot is a pineapple express in the reworked 65 and my beloved lbl by skunk from dragboat jeffie in the sip tub That unfinished 65 in the rear will be glue if I can get one sexed in time to grow some. Its coming up like a striped haint. Finally cleared and cleaned the veg room and got those glue babies inside along with goji f2 I made 2 years ago. I had to cull one ril so I only ended up with 10 good ones from the first vial.
Did GB show pre flowers for you Fiddy?

And the other pix doctor climbed the ridge to check on us
Peace

Attachments

• 20200618_065912.jpg
    20200618_065912.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200618_070152.jpg
    20200618_070152.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7675~4.jpg
    IMG_7675~4.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope everyone is having a great week and ready to finish it off strong
speaking of work, i go back to the lab next wed!
its been a weird being off for so long and my employer has been more than generous during this time off

the plants are looking great fiddy! a nice touch of purple in that one top
/is it the genetics or are you keeping your temps really cool?
madMax is not an experienced grower but he is very smart and loves cannabis
i will be stopping by my friends house tomorrow so i will try and remember getting some pics of the cherry riders

that sucks that you broke your glasses
can you see well enough without them
one of my jobs as a college student was working for an accountant doing mostly data entry
its tough fining a job you like that also pays well
but you are young so dont worry about the money for now, find something you enjoy doing and you are good at

they have this special at the store for snow crab, its like 7$/lb!
we got a bunch last night and will probably get more this weekend to celebrate my return to work
hope everyone is having a great week and i cant wait for the weekend to kick off

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week and are heading into a delightful weekend. Happy Father's Day to any of y'all who happen to have reproduced.

@DoloDankness. Thanks buddy! I can't wait to sample them.

@Rodehazrd. Looking good 'Rode! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good and getting stuf done. We all know what they say about idle hands. The work on the ridge your putting in should pay off big time at harvest time. Your plants look super strong like they are ready for a long summer. Your cross sounds great and I hope she finishes quickly for you. The LBL cross and Pineapple Express sound great as well. I'm really looking forward to hearing how the glue girls come out.
The gorilla bubble plants are notoriously slow starters from seed and took a lot longer to sex than most strains I've grown. They just didn't take off early in veg from seed like most plants but they veg fairly normal from clone and they flower in about 60 or so days.

@pop_rocks. Congratulations on your return to work buddy. I'm sure your Mrs will be just as happy to be rid of you during the day LOL. Just kidding! I'm glad your employer has been taking care of you!
My temps are mid 70's so I think the purple is a trait. I'm interested in seeing how much they purple out in the next couple of weeks. It's always nice to see a little color on them. Since these are new I'm also looking forward to a sample.
I'm not a sea food guy but crab always looks good when I see people eating it on tv. But living 1000 miles from the ocean makes for less than fresh sea food so I've just never got into it. Eat up buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im not that big into seasfood myself
the mrs and girl love seafood and my mom is from an island where you eat fish to survive
/at least back in the day
i will happily grill up all the fish and shrimp they want but i dont really eat it myself
but crab is another thing and i will crack crab all day
the crab probably comes from alaska so its a trip and ahalf no matter where you get it
weird as it sounds im ready to go back to work
ive had a lot of fun during the time off and at one point i thought i might just retire early
but i still have a lot of good years left and i wouldent mind making more money
i went to my friends house last night and we nerded out on marvel (or DC, i have no idea) movies
capt america was pretty good and we watched the avengers again
plus we watched a favorite of mine, suicide squad
the plants are looking really good and i will post up the pics when he sends them
im visiting another friend tonight and the mrs is tagging along
i cant wait to see whats growing in his garden!
kick ass brother and hope everyone has a great weekend!

DoloDankness

Hey everybody Happy Fathers Day if you're a father! Hope everyones having a good weekend. Went to the driving range to get some exercise with some buddies. I actually found a nice driver my grandpa had stashed away in his garage lol. Older TaylorMade club that costs way too much money lol.

@Rode Hey brotha I'm newer to these parts so I don't think I've seen a post from you before. Your plants look awesome and seem like they're gonna be giants by the end of the year.

@Pop_rocks I can see okay without my glasses. Long distance is really where it's bad. If I'm in the passenger's seat of a car without my glasses on, I can tell I need glasses lmfao. You're right though, can't rush into something I'm gonna hate doing 3 years into it. Those snow crab legs sound great bro I haven't had crab legs in a couple years.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. To the dads here, Happy Father's day.

Fiddynuts those girls look great. You are really killing it lately.

Rhodehazard, those are gonna be some monsters.

Pop Rocks, hoping your outdoor produces for you. The cherry rider came from Waxi Taxi, a fellow member here. It is cherry pie x I95, I think.

I picked up a couple clones recently. Gelato, and Og 33. Going to get wedding cake this week. Gotta quarantine them for a few weeks, but they look nice and healthy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas! hope everyone had a great weekend

you are still young doh' and have your whole life ahead of you
figure out what you can do well and have a go
you can always change directions if you arent happy

happening p'fan
hope you had a great fathers day brother
thanks for the info on the seeds, they looked pretty good last friday, still a week or two from showing their sex
/i took pics but dont know if my friend send them
those sounds like some good cuts you have in line and i might have to hit you up again if that og is anygood
did you guys go out to the mountains recently? how was it
we have a trip planned here in a couple weeks and im looking forward to getting outside
have a great day brother and hope you and the fam are all doing well

packerfan79

Veteran
happening fellas! hope everyone had a great weekend

you are still young doh' and have your whole life ahead of you
figure out what you can do well and have a go
you can always change directions if you arent happy

happening p'fan
hope you had a great fathers day brother
thanks for the info on the seeds, they looked pretty good last friday, still a week or two from showing their sex
/i took pics but dont know if my friend send them
those sounds like some good cuts you have in line and i might have to hit you up again if that og is anygood
did you guys go out to the mountains recently? how was it
we have a trip planned here in a couple weeks and im looking forward to getting outside
have a great day brother and hope you and the fam are all doing well

Hey Pop Rocks,

Had a great Father's day. We were up in Big bear in May, it's pretty busy. We are going camping in a couple weeks, can't wait.

Anything I got you are welcome to my friend. That wedding cake is outstanding. Probably my favorite new strain. Unless I need to get shit done.

Hope you guys are having a good Monday.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I went to a reggae concert at a really cool outside bar on Saturday evening. We took my niece with us and she had a good time. At first she didn't like it and thought the music was too loud so we moved back a bit. A few minutes later she met a kid a couple years younger than her and they went off to practice gymnastics and dance together. Shure was nice to see some live music. Sunday my dad and his girlfriend came over for lunch and then a boat ride. Made ribs on the smoker, slaw, corn on the cob and we had a fruit salad and a blueberry cake my wife made. I hadent seen him since February when the virus paranoia started. A realy nice weekend was had by all.

@pop_rocks. My wife is a fan of seafood as well. She gets it from her dad who grew up on the coast in Alabama. I think I'm not big on seafood because my parients arnt big fans and didn't expose me to it enough when I was a kid. Your right that if its Alaskan crab it's having to travel a long way weather to you in SoCal or me in wisco. For me eating locally means beef, chicken, pork.
There isn't anything wierd about being ready to go back to work. Some of us need the structure that a job provides. I'm one of those and I'd be board to death stuck at home. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the time off and I hope you managed to get a few projects done as well.
I'm glad your plants are looking good! It sounds like you had a nice weekend. Let's get this week started right!

@DoloDankness. It sounds like you scored a nice driver! Some of those clubs can be pricy. I'm glad you got to the range and hit some balls!

@Packerfan. Thanks buddy! These are from the seeds you sent me a couple years back. It's getting exciting now that there's just a couple weeks or so untill I get to sample them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening f'nut! hope you had a great weekend my man
ribs and slaw sounds like a great meal and im glad you got to spend some good time with your dad and his girlfriend
the bberry cake sounds off the hook! was it a white cake with blue berries in it?
/love blue berries
i have a lot of interests and can always find something to do around the house or close by
we are lucky to live in a decent area, plus i just get into things at random
/like i started checking out birds more during my time off
so i got a few pics from my friend and will get those posted here soon
im hoping they show sex in the next week or two so i can take cuts
im pretty much going to let them do their thing because this is the first time ive run this strain and i like to see what the plant can do on its own
trimmed up a tree at moms and have to go back and break down the wood some more and im thinking of grilling up some beef tomorrow
the week is off to a great start and im going to enjoy every last minute brother!

Fiddynut

happening f'nut! hope you had a great weekend my man
ribs and slaw sounds like a great meal and im glad you got to spend some good time with your dad and his girlfriend
the bberry cake sounds off the hook! was it a white cake with blue berries in it?
/love blue berries
i have a lot of interests and can always find something to do around the house or close by
we are lucky to live in a decent area, plus i just get into things at random
/like i started checking out birds more during my time off
so i got a few pics from my friend and will get those posted here soon
im hoping they show sex in the next week or two so i can take cuts
im pretty much going to let them do their thing because this is the first time ive run this strain and i like to see what the plant can do on its own
trimmed up a tree at moms and have to go back and break down the wood some more and im thinking of grilling up some beef tomorrow
the week is off to a great start and im going to enjoy every last minute brother!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I had a great weekend but it went by too quick. Good food and great company always makes for an awesome time. So the blueberry desert is actually called a blueberry buckle. It's like a coffee cake. The batter is white cake like but a little more biscuit like. It's full of blueberries which keeps it from being dry. It also has a crumble topping with brown sugar and a little cinnamon in it. It's really good let me know if you want the recipe.
That's cool that you started watching the birds. My wife is a big fan of the birds and has several feeders in various places in the yard to attract them. It gets to be a bit of work keeping the feeders clean and stocked. Sometimes some birds she dosent like show up and she has to take the feeders down untill they leave.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the plants at your buddies place. If your plants are slow to show sex you might just take the cuts anyway and keep them labeled so that when they do finally show you will know which are which. I hear you on letting the plants grow out fairly natural on the first grow to see what they can do. After the first run you can evaluate and do what's best for the plant and your yield. For instance I have to lollipop the cobra lips a lot to avoid excessive larf while the gorilla bubble tend to make solid buds down a lot lower on the plant.
It was nice of you to help out at your moms place. Can you burn the trimmings or is that a fire risk?
I hope you get to grill up some beef and I hope it's tasty brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy, hope you had a great day my man
we cant burn the yard waste but im trimming down the branches and letting the larger pieces dry so maybe we can take them camping with us later in the year
we have chickens so the birds are naturally drawn to the feed we leave out and i also sprinkle a bit around the yard to give them plenty of room
you know i would like the recipe! that sounds so dank and i go for coffee cake in a big way
i was actually thinking about bringing in a dish for my first day back tomorrow to share, but decided against it
the dept im in was know for hosting the best pot lucks but i think with covid thats probably all over now
i will see whats the deal and maybe i can bring in breakfast sandwiches or something like that
/at lest for me and my assistant
i hear you about how different plants want different things, plus we want them to produce in a certain way
i wont be seeing them till friday so we will see how they look then
hope you have a great wed and the rest of your week flies by brother!

DoloDankness

Sup guys hope ya'll are doing well. Ive been pretty busy lately and haven't had the time to post. My weekend was alright, I have a shitty relationship with my dad so I didn't really celebrate or anything. My plants are going nuts in my closet lol gonna have to raise the light again. Finally ordered the veg and clone tent, just a small little thing. Enough for me to keep a couple clones and a mom or two if I'm lucky.

@Fiddy They blueberry cake sounds so good to me. I'm salivating thinking about it lol. Glad you had a nice weekend brother hope the rest of the week goes the same!!

@Pop_rocks I don't think I've had the chance to see your plants yet bro. Hope they turn out nice. Yea I bet they won't allow much because of covid but maybe you could sneak some in for your assistant lol. Hope you have a great week bro!! Have fun on the grille!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy hump day! I'm getting excited about going up to the race track at Road America this weekend. It's going to be a great weekend for racing. I almost thought I'd miss the racing this year due to the stupid virus. Since they added a second round it will also be the only time in the history of superbike that we had two rounds at this track. Can't wait!

@pop_rocks. So do you have a place to take yard waste since you can't burn? Around here you can take it to the dump but it's very inconvenient compared to burning it. That's a great idea to take it camping with you.
Do the chickens chase the other birds away from their food? I'd think the chickens wouldn't leave much behind. But even one sunflower seed will attract song birds as we know.
I will post the recipe after I get home from work tonight!
Hopefully people will get over this virus thing and pot luck will be a thing again. There has always been a small risk of people passing the cold or flu or even food poisoning when sharing food and we use to just accept that. Maybe you can smuggle a piece in for your assistant.

@DoloDankness. I'm sorry to hear that you and your dad don't get along. Maybe with some time that will change for the better.
I stopped by your thread and your plants look great!
I think your going to like having a veg tent and I hope you find some really nice plants to become your moms. It took me a couple of years before I found anything worth keeping around. Actually it took a couple years before I found out how to reliably and consistently get cones to root. I'm glad the blueberry buckle sounds good I'm going to post up the recipe tonight. I hope you having a great week!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! the first day back at work flew by
had to attend a bunch of meetings about spreading out and washing your hands
but i was also able to score a bunch of new face coverings
its all a part of the new normal i guess

we can haul our yrad waste to the dump i guess, but we can also put it out in a green bin every other week and the city will pick it up
/the other week is for the blue bin recyclables
its going to take a few weeks but my moms neighbor was really nice and said we could put cans in front of her house too if we wanted
we used to have more chickens and there were a couple rock hens who were super aggeressive
unfortunately, those were some of our birds that were killed by the racoon
now we only have three and the matriarch is an old americanna with only one eye
/the racoon poked out her other eye
she is super chill and dosent mind the wild birds at all

thats great that you got a couple tents doh'
even a small space can be useful and you can even run different light cycles in different tents
if you think they are going nuts now, just wait until you flip to flower
the fun is just getting started

DoloDankness

hey guys the past few days have been pretty shitty for me mentally. depression got me out of nowhere. im fighting through it but it's hard. don't know what exactly triggered it, my guess would be fathers day but I have no clue. just tryin to keep my head above water.

@Fiddy yea its all good bro only time will tell if it will get any better. for some reason my best method for cloning is miracle grow peat moss, and perlite in a solo cup with a humidity dome. roots in 7 days or sooner depending on the strain.

@pop_rocks yea bro the garden is really going crazy right now I need to figure out what I'm going to use for nutes... Ill post pics of the bottles that I have. I know I'm gonna need more Phosphorus so I might just go buy another bag of Dr. Earths flowering mix. I have an expired bag and I really like the things it has in it.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Before I forget here is the recipe for the blueberry buckle.
Main ingredients:
1/4 cup soft butter. 1 egg. 2 tsp baking powder. 1/2 cup milk. 3/4 cup sugar. 2 cups flour. 1/2 tsp salt. 2 cups blueberries.
Topping ingredients:
1/4 cup cold butter. 1/3 cup flour. 1/2 cup sugar. 1 tsp cinnamon.
Directions:
Cream the butter and add the sugar and beat untill fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and the milk alternately and mix. Fold in the blueberries. Pour mix into a greased (see my note) 8x12 pan. Sprinkle with topping and bake 35 min at 375.
Topping preparation: Combine ingredients and use a fork or two knives to cut mix into crumbles.
So usually my wife makes a double batch and uses a 10x13 inch pan which increases cooking time a little. If making a single batch I'd recommend a 9x9 inch pan.

@pop_rocks. I'm glad your first day back went smooth. I hope you got a good night sleep, all those meetings would make me sleepy lol.
That's great that they pick up yard waste in your city. If you don't have a truck of trailer here your out of luck. And if I remember you said that your mom has a great compost aria to take care of some of it too.
That's right, I remember the raccoon incident. He was kind of a cute little guy. But not cool to go after your chickens. I'm glad the matriarch is cool and gets along with the wild birds in your yard.
Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend?
I've been busy this week prepping the bikes for Road America this weekend. I also had to put new lights and completely rewire my trailer. The old wires had were fill of corrosion and all green inside.

@DoloDankness. Keep your head up buddy, this shall pass as they say. You've got a garden with some great looking plants. My plants cheer me up sometimes when I'm feeling down. You've got a lot to look forward to. I wish it was that simple but just try and keep focused on the positive. Your future is bright!
Your cloning techniques sound good. I don't get roots that quick in my DWC cloner. It takes 2 weeks or more for mine to root but they do root every time so far and most root about the same amount at the same time. Everyone finds methods that work for them in their environment.

Latest posts

Latest posts