What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like youve raised a great kid
knowledge is a big part of seeing through all the media crap and you should always be an active thinker, especially when its something as important as this; same with politics and economics
who dident grow up in a screwed up world to one degree or another
but it sounds like she isnt afraid to think for herself and im sure she will grow into a fine young woman
/you have a lot to be proud of brother
i like to keep my sprouting routine simple
i start by soaking my seeds in a cup of water until all the beans sink to the bottom
once i see their tap roots emerge i will move the baby into one of those spongy rooting cubes (rapid rooter is a popular brand) but rockwool would be ok too
i like to flip them over so the widest side end is facing down and just set them in a tray without using one of the inserts
once i get a set or two of leafs i will put the cube into a smaller pot filled with soil and from there just up pot as she grows
it would be interesting to hear how the other guys start their seeds
/does anyone still do the paper towel in a plastic bag?
i dont really feed them anything but plain water at first and its not until i get into the 3-5g buckets that im giving them anything
/the soil has plenty of good stuff for them

hope you and the fam are having a great day and let us know how that pork turns out brother

packerfan79

Veteran
for some reason i was expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE
ram jam black betty

/handle your shit, you know we are here for you anytime my man

One of my favorite songs of all time.

Do you guys like the blues?

I love this song, dudes from Scotland he can really sing. He's had a few good songs, but this is the best I have heard from him.

https://youtu.be/ELKbtFljucQ

Thanks alot Pop Rocks,

Best compliment I could get. Man I am going stir crazy being off work all week. Put a couple hours this morning hula-hoing the weeds. Got a bunch of veggies started for the regular garden.i can't imagine how the people who have been home for this whole time are doing. I had an older lady who gets bud from me, call she hasn't left the house in 2 months. She was scared to come get a sack.

@Sunshine hope everything gets situated for the family. Gotta love Clapton, he's one of a kind. I prefer the cream years, or derick and the dominos.

I saw you were asking about bodhi seeds, you can't go wrong with great lakes genetics great seed bank.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope all of us are having a good week and let's finish strong!

@Packerfan. It's unfortunate you have a spring cold but glad to hear your on the mend. I feel bad for your daughter and all the kids having birthdays during these times. Kids deserve party's with plenty of friends around. I'm glad she is handling it well. Her comments about the news and covid are very mature for her age and show how hard you work as a parent. The Nintendo can wait a bit.
It sure is a shame how political everything is. I this the last time that America pulled together was in '01 right after 9/11. It seemed like there was a few months after that where we worked together. Politics have gone so far now and I don't see how it could get back to that point. Pretty sad!
I've seen some inconsistencies in happy frog as well. A couple years ago I had a couple bags that didn't seem to hold water. When the surface would dry out it got hydrophobic and I had to use a wetting agent. Oddly enough the last batch I used seemed to hold more water than any soil I've ever used and caused me to water every 4 days mid flower rather than every 3 like normal.

@pop_rocks. Your sure right about politics being dirty. I don't even believe that there are really two diffrent sides, just one side masquerading as two sides with the intent to keep us apart and arguing about nothing. I'd like to think that we could demand change but I'm not holding my breath. The big corporations seem to have all the say in things in Washington. Even this stimulus package of 2.25 trillion, only 10% for us and the other 90% for the corporations. I don't even like to think about it really.
Keep us posted on how those seeds are doing brother! You have some great genetics there.
I get about 100% germ rate with just an overnight soak in water and then into wet happy frog. I use to go pointy side up but now I just put them on their side and they seem to figure it out. I love to keep it simple.
I'm not sure what's going on this weekend. I'd like to take a nice motorcycle ride. The first Sunday in May we have the "slimy crud run" ride that I've been doing for years. It will be a lot diffrent this year due to the virus but I'm sure some will still ride. I'd love to get on the mountain bike but it's been raining all week so not sure what conditions the trails will be in.

@Sunshineinabag. Sorry you've had family issues and I hope things are getting better brother!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe and happy Beltane
Still hunkered down here. We drove down to the firehouse to drop off recycle and it felt like going to the fair or something. Just moving around a little really feels good.
I had very poor germ rate on the bangi x oaxacan seeds and of those I only like a couple. I stored them indoors and dark but not in the fridge. I may not have let them mature enough but a lot of them were dark and mottled.
I just started some ak47f2's for an outdoor seed run to keep that strain around and plan to do the same with my goji f2's. I also plan to try to sneak a few in to public places especially the males if I have a lot left after filling all my spots.
I tried to get some Tony Green GG4RIL from GLG but were sold out. Finally found them on DC seedbank and got on order. I really was looking forward to some of Jeffeys Bad dawg freebies but really want to get the glue genetics from Tony. Could be DC gives out something nice too.
I just made my first bubble hash. We got a 5 gal machine kit from bubble bag dude and I ran a years worth of sugar leaf. We like the outcome nice cake of blonde. Was a nice change from making bread. I was making more than they were eating anyway.
Packerfan glad you had a cold and not the Wuflu. Any sickness these days is scary.
Fiddy you've run the Tony Green how hot can you feed them? I just got some Happy Frog to start them in like you do. Any guidance would be kindly accepted.
On the Covid19 front one of our kids worked as a nurse on a TB wing so she keeps us safe. Sometimes we think too safe. She Just had us all order a pulse ox tool. $30 Thats the way to check yourself if you get sick. She says blood oxygen goes down long before you feel short of breath. Respiration rate increases to compensate. If you wait till you feel short of breath before getting treated its often way late according to her friends.
Time for Beers with Beshear. Today its Mohitos.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fiddy! hope your day is off to a great start
i totally agree with you about how we are pretty much a one party nation now
/at the end of the day they all go home to their fancy homes in the same neighborhoods
i also feel the same way about how the stimulus was a big pay out to some but did little to help the real americans in need
/here in san diego, the $1200 would barely cover your rent for a month
if they really wanted to help, why not set up a reoccuring benefit that goes directly to the people who are out of work? instead of filtering it through the small businesses
i just feel like there could be more done to help the people who cant work right now and thats what a good society does in times of need
im with you on keeping things simple around the garden
stay safe and i hope you have a great weekend fiddy

Fiddynut

Hello Jungle Tribe and happy Beltane
Still hunkered down here. We drove down to the firehouse to drop off recycle and it felt like going to the fair or something. Just moving around a little really feels good.
I had very poor germ rate on the bangi x oaxacan seeds and of those I only like a couple. I stored them indoors and dark but not in the fridge. I may not have let them mature enough but a lot of them were dark and mottled.
I just started some ak47f2's for an outdoor seed run to keep that strain around and plan to do the same with my goji f2's. I also plan to try to sneak a few in to public places especially the males if I have a lot left after filling all my spots.
I tried to get some Tony Green GG4RIL from GLG but were sold out. Finally found them on DC seedbank and got on order. I really was looking forward to some of Jeffeys Bad dawg freebies but really want to get the glue genetics from Tony. Could be DC gives out something nice too.
I just made my first bubble hash. We got a 5 gal machine kit from bubble bag dude and I ran a years worth of sugar leaf. We like the outcome nice cake of blonde. Was a nice change from making bread. I was making more than they were eating anyway.
Packerfan glad you had a cold and not the Wuflu. Any sickness these days is scary.
Fiddy you've run the Tony Green how hot can you feed them? I just got some Happy Frog to start them in like you do. Any guidance would be kindly accepted.
On the Covid19 front one of our kids worked as a nurse on a TB wing so she keeps us safe. Sometimes we think too safe. She Just had us all order a pulse ox tool. $30 Thats the way to check yourself if you get sick. She says blood oxygen goes down long before you feel short of breath. Respiration rate increases to compensate. If you wait till you feel short of breath before getting treated its often way late according to her friends.
Time for Beers with Beshear. Today its Mohitos.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Im glad you are well brother! Getting out feels great and I hope soon we can all start doing a lot more of that.
I'm sorry to hear about the poor germ rates on your seeds. I am under the impression that refrigeration is only needed for long term storage. I know I've had bag seed in a dresser drawer for years and they popped at a good rate. In my experience the dark color seeds are ripe and ready and the small white ones are immature.
It looks like you've got some great genetics going in this year and I hope they exceed your expectations. I'm especially interested the the gg4ril. keep us posted brother.
Those bubble hash machines look really cool. I've been too lazy to use my bags for a while now. I do miss having some hash around.
I've run Tony Green's gorilla bubble a few times now and it's absolutely amazing. The GB that I'm running is GG4xSour Bubble bx1f1. If I understand that right it's gg4 mom bred with sour bubble dad, then the offspring are bread back to the sour bubble dad I think. bx1f1 was the first generation so they have come a ways since then. These beans are like circa 2016. The GB are light feeders for me. They are very dark green in veg with very little feed. In flower they tend to get some leaf curl by the end like they are over fed. I've never been able to keep them really happy but they put out great buds with a really sour lemon lime soda scent. The buds are dense. Other observations are that they have floppy stems and need plenty of support and probably would be great for scrog style. They don't yeild super good for me but not terrible either and the quality more than makes up for that. I want to get some of his newer genetics. Keep me posted on how these go for sure!
That's a great tip about the pulse ox tool. You have some great kids to take such good care of you!

Fiddynut

morning fiddy! hope your day is off to a great start
i totally agree with you about how we are pretty much a one party nation now
/at the end of the day they all go home to their fancy homes in the same neighborhoods
i also feel the same way about how the stimulus was a big pay out to some but did little to help the real americans in need
/here in san diego, the $1200 would barely cover your rent for a month
if they really wanted to help, why not set up a reoccuring benefit that goes directly to the people who are out of work? instead of filtering it through the small businesses
i just feel like there could be more done to help the people who cant work right now and thats what a good society does in times of need
im with you on keeping things simple around the garden
stay safe and i hope you have a great weekend fiddy

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
The cold and rain is over and it's a beautiful day here so I'm feeling great. Alpine valleys trails are open already because they have such great drainage so I'm looking forward to a ride this weekend.
Your so right those politicians are all the same. They are all completely out of touch with those of us who have to go out and make a living. They all live in the big houses, in the fancy neighborhoods, eat at the same fancy restaurants, are members of the same clubs, and probably sit around joking with each other about how nice it is that we get to pay for it all. Same goes for their health care you would think if it's good enough for us it would be good enough for them but no way. Pisses me off just thinking about it.
You make a great point about how there would be way better ways to help the ones who need it a lot more than they are doing. And when I hear about all the veterans dying in the nursing homes it makes me think there must be a better way to protect them as well. I sure hope that a lot of lessons were learned here becaus I'm sure this isn't the last time we are going to see a new virus. I can only wonder how much diffrent things would be if they spent the resources protecting the percentage of the population that really need it rather than the way they went about this. Sorry for the rant guys.

Rodehazrd

Happy Derby or not Derby
NBC has a virtual race including all the Triple Crown winners. I can't imagine an algorithm where Secretariat loses.
I hear you.guys wishing for an equitable distribution of aid but here in the land of Mcconnell we have a say g about wishkng. His original draft of cares had no support for common workers. States should file bankruptcy on fire and ems companies and pension funds is his latest plan to help with revenue lost.
Save every penny.guys it's Depression time. I think we'll sputter a bit more then come apart as the big guys fall back into tightening the budget at the expense of the most needy. Big support for the top and rugged individualism for the rest

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you make a great point about how we might need to tighten the belt a bit from now on rhode
thing have been really good for the past decade or so with so much wealth and easy money
/when kids having a $500 phone* becomes the norm things are going pretty good
growing up we always payed attention to where we spent our money and often you had to make tough choices
we are lucky, we enjoy growing our own and working the land to whatever extent we can
its worth more than money when you eat your own home grown fruits and veggies

no need to say sorry fiddy and its good to be able to get thigns off your chest
/ thats what we are here for friend!
hopefully we will start to see things get better but i think we might not ever get back to "normal" as we knew it
things will have to be more spread out and i think a lot of people are going to be more germophobic in the future
so i have a very good friend who enjoys the live music just like you do and one of the thigns he said was in europe they were having drive in festivals/concerts
/i havent looked this up but i believe him
that would be rad if we went back to drive in movies or even concerts
i dont like going to movies in a theater but i would totally go to drive ins
/had so many great memories from back in the day
hope you are having a great day my man!

*iphone11

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone is healthy and happy (as can be) and had a good weekend and your week is off to a good start. It was a beautiful weekend here with plenty of sun and temps in the mid 70's but last night the wind turned around and it's looking like we are back to our cool spring weather with temps struggling to get to 50 and I see some sub freezing temps for a couple of night s this week.

@Rodehazrd. I know how you look forward to the derby and I hope they can have it in September. Maybe with fewer fans in attendance or something? We shall see.
Your right we can hope for the government to do the right thing but I think most of us know better by now. Every crisis is an opportunity to make the rich richer. We've seen it all before and I do t see it changing any time soon (or later for that matter). I think you are right about saving and preparing for a depression. I was hopeful that we could get going again and the economy would rebound but as this drags on it seems less likely. I'm starting to tighten the belt and spend less, especially on things I don't really need. One positive sign is that I'm still seeing a lot of people spending money on luxury items like motorcycles and boats and stuff like that.
P.S. I've been using about 50/50 happy frog/ocean forest plus about 1/2 cup of the 6/5/3 Rock powder and a couple cups perlite in each 5 gallon pot for the gorilla bubble.

@pop_rocks. Your right we've had a pretty strong economy for most of the last bunch of years and that has been easy to get use to and take advantage of. I hope things bounce back but I'm taking 'Rodes advise and not spending on luxury items and stuff I don't need. Your so right that we would have never thought of spending hundreds of dollars on things like phones back in the day.
I saw a news report on those drive in concerts in Europe. What a great idea! In be willing to entertain anything that would let us get back to hearing the music again. I hope we can start doing something like the drive ins or maybe limited attendance at a outdoor with distancing soon. I really miss the music. At least we have YouTube these days, we can watch thousands of concerts and just about anything else you care to search for. But it's not the same as live.
We still have at least one or two drive in theaters up here. Most of them have gone a long time ago. I haven't been to a drive in for a long time but I'd be love to go this summer if they open. The other thing that's popular here is some theaters have luxury seating with big recliner seats that are spaced out pretty well. I'm pretty sure that if they left every other seat open there would be more than 6' distance. I must admit that I don't get to the movies often.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive heard about those lux theaters too where they have table service food and even serve drinks
im not a big fan of movies to begin with, ( i think they have become way over priced) and those places were even more expensive
its just not really my thing
/i would also be worried about sitting in an enclosed area with so many strangers for so long
first person who has a coughing fit would be like yelling fire in such an enclosed space
but i would be more willing to join an event that was outdoors in the fresh air for sure
i wonder if more people will be buying things like boats motorcycles and otherfun toys you can enjoy outside
for those who can afford it it would be a nice way of getting out of the house on weekends but still being safe
plus summer travel is pretty much out of the question for now so instead of taking the family on a vacation you would buy a boat or something fun like that
the seeds are all doing well and just about all of them have germinated and are poking above the cube
i will be moving them into small containers of soil here soon
hope you had a great day buddy

Fiddynut

ive heard about those lux theaters too where they have table service food and even serve drinks
im not a big fan of movies to begin with, ( i think they have become way over priced) and those places were even more expensive
its just not really my thing
/i would also be worried about sitting in an enclosed area with so many strangers for so long
first person who has a coughing fit would be like yelling fire in such an enclosed space
but i would be more willing to join an event that was outdoors in the fresh air for sure
i wonder if more people will be buying things like boats motorcycles and otherfun toys you can enjoy outside
for those who can afford it it would be a nice way of getting out of the house on weekends but still being safe
plus summer travel is pretty much out of the question for now so instead of taking the family on a vacation you would buy a boat or something fun like that
the seeds are all doing well and just about all of them have germinated and are poking above the cube
i will be moving them into small containers of soil here soon
hope you had a great day buddy

I'm with you on not being a big fan of going to the movies. I have only gone a couple times in the last several years. For me it's mostly that the movies just don't seem as good as the 70's 80's and early 90's movies that I grew up with. I think we've talked before about everything today being remakes (usually bad ones) of the old movies anyway. Also we've talked about how back them before fancy phones and the Internet there were less things to occupy your time and movies were just more popular. You right that someone who had a coughing fit in a public place like that might be assaulted these days, I've seen the dirty looks at the grocery store when someone starts coughing even if they are covering it.
At first I thought that bikes wouldn't be selling very well this spring. The first week or so of the lockdown it was quite slow it the weather was shitty too. The last few weeks people have been buying bikes like its a normal spring. I see a lot of people with new boats this year too. Since there isn't many options for things to do I'm guessing that anyone on the fence who had some extra cash (or credit as so many these days) decided to buy just to give them something to do.
That is great news about your seedlings. You should be set to have a great grow this summer!
I hope your having a great day as well!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening fiddy! hope you had a great day brother
not only are the movies they make now not that good, but they charge so much to go to the theater now too
at least with a drive in we can nest up in the car and bring our own snacks, drinks, and treats
im glad people are spending money on nice things they can enjoy outdoors
ive been talking with friends about the economic impact this whole thing will have on people in general and i think iti will take a while just for some people to get back to a good place financially
so ive been watching a bunch of little rascles lately on dvd
its great, i have this collection of all the episodes including some of the earliest our gang shorts
i love the comedy and it reminds me of when we were kids, trying to build forts and club house in the canyons
one things that really stood out was how basic everything was back then, that and the racism
/in one shot you could see a sign that said whites only in the background
hope you and the fam are all doing well and you are having a great day brother
tomorrow is wed and i hope you are having a great week my man!

Fiddynut

evening fiddy! hope you had a great day brother
not only are the movies they make now not that good, but they charge so much to go to the theater now too
at least with a drive in we can nest up in the car and bring our own snacks, drinks, and treats
im glad people are spending money on nice things they can enjoy outdoors
ive been talking with friends about the economic impact this whole thing will have on people in general and i think iti will take a while just for some people to get back to a good place financially
so ive been watching a bunch of little rascles lately on dvd
its great, i have this collection of all the episodes including some of the earliest our gang shorts
i love the comedy and it reminds me of when we were kids, trying to build forts and club house in the canyons
one things that really stood out was how basic everything was back then, that and the racism
/in one shot you could see a sign that said whites only in the background
hope you and the fam are all doing well and you are having a great day brother
tomorrow is wed and i hope you are having a great week my man!

Your so right that no one wants to pay out the ass to see a shitty remake of a movie. And the popcorn and snacks are outrageous as well. It's like paying professional sporting event prices for drinks and food. No thanks. We always brought our own popcorn and snacks to the drive in. No one wanted to walk all the way to the snack bar and stand in line and miss part of the movie.
I was reading yesterday that it's estimated that if the lock down lasts 3 months 35% of small businesses won't be able to reopen. That is a lot of people not going back to work. I don't think we will know how serious this is until we see how many businesses reopen and can stay open for at least a year. The first year for a small business is the hardest and the first year after reopening I'd think would be though as well. I'm trying to stay positive but things look very uncertain.
I know what you mean about those old shows. Sometimes I'll be scrolling through channels and come across leave it to beaver or three stooges or Andy Griffith show. Those shows take me back to my childhood as well, even though they were set before I was born, they would play a lot of reruns of them when I was young. Your sure right about how they depict how much simpler times were back then. It seems like such a long time ago but it was just a coupe of generations ago.
Happy hump day brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its tough for any small business to make it even in the best of times and many fail within that first year
the covid has made things even tougher and here in san diego i think that number is closer to 60% with the high cost of rents
/but now they are talking about new businesses opening up
i hear you about how the old tv depicted a simpler times when people were closer to home
they say history repeats itself you know and maybe its time for the nation to get back to simpler time
/lets start wth social media types and reality show/instgram celebrities
its thursday brother and we got this!

Fiddynut

its tough for any small business to make it even in the best of times and many fail within that first year
the covid has made things even tougher and here in san diego i think that number is closer to 60% with the high cost of rents
/but now they are talking about new businesses opening up
i hear you about how the old tv depicted a simpler times when people were closer to home
they say history repeats itself you know and maybe its time for the nation to get back to simpler time
/lets start wth social media types and reality show/instgram celebrities
its thursday brother and we got this!

I bet your right about it being even harder to get a business off the ground out by you. The higher fixed costs like rent and utilities is a killer untill you take off and build customers. Times like these I'm glad I wasn't ambitious enough to try to start a business.
Im all for simplifying life brother. When I was young everyone knew their neighbors and usually socialized with them. And not just the next door neighbors but most of the ones on the block you lived on. We would celebrate holidays like the 4th of July with them. We would fire up the grill and cook brats and burgers with each other. Now I know the neighbors on both sides and a couple across the street but not most of them on the block. I believe that with all this technology and the Internet we have lost our local connection. Having a good relationship with your neighbors means we can watch out for each other and help someone if they need it. Now days a lot of people wouldn't know if someone on their block needed help.
Your so right the social media/reality tv/Instagram celebrity's are worthless and can go eat their own shit for all I care.
Almost another week in the books brother!

DoloDankness

Hey guys! Hope you don't mind if I pop in here, a little late , but better late than never lol. Hope everyone's having a good one.

Latest posts

Latest posts