What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i used to listen to the baseball too
growing up in san diego, i remember driving my truck out to places long gone and paved over
rolling out wiht a buddy or two and having some beers on the tail gate and listening to baseball
growing up we dident have a tv so i would listen to padres games a lot at home too
our anouncer was jerry coleman and he was truely the voice of the game!
like uke, or vin scully, jerry was an old timer who could call a baseball game like no other
"hang a star on that baby" was his slogan whenever a padre would hit one out of the park
listening to baseball just isnt the same without his voice

i dont think you are really sterssing them by lack of water
esp if you are not seeing any wilting parts or drooping leafs
one thing i actually will do during veg is let the containers goa day or two longer between watering at tiems
this encourages the plants to really reach down with their roots looking for water
as we all know large happy roots make large happy plants
and who isnt looking for that

Fiddynut

i used to listen to the baseball too
growing up in san diego, i remember driving my truck out to places long gone and paved over
rolling out wiht a buddy or two and having some beers on the tail gate and listening to baseball
growing up we dident have a tv so i would listen to padres games a lot at home too
our anouncer was jerry coleman and he was truely the voice of the game!
like uke, or vin scully, jerry was an old timer who could call a baseball game like no other
"hang a star on that baby" was his slogan whenever a padre would hit one out of the park
listening to baseball just isnt the same without his voice

i dont think you are really sterssing them by lack of water
esp if you are not seeing any wilting parts or drooping leafs
one thing i actually will do during veg is let the containers goa day or two longer between watering at tiems
this encourages the plants to really reach down with their roots looking for water
as we all know large happy roots make large happy plants
and who isnt looking for that
Good morning pop_rocks.
Yep there is something special about hearing a game called by one of the greats. Old timers who have seen 1000's of games and yet they still get excited when there is a great play or pitch. And when the game is slow the stories they tell about their playing days and how they got into baseball. The jokes Uke would tell would liven up any party. He won't be around much longer and it will be a sad day when we no longer have the opportunity to here him make calls. He already doesn't go on the long road trips.
I remember hearing Jerry's "hang a star on that one baby" and other clips they play of him when they do the "look back" type of shows. When the Brewers would play in SD in the late 2000's they would always point the camera into his broadcast booth and sometimes play clips of him. I also remember the tribute they did in 2014. I bet Uke and him had drinks and shared stories after games plenty of times.
Yes I've read that letting the soil get almost dry is great for roots. They get the oxygen they want and it stimulates them to spread out and search for water. I think I have happy roots.

Fiddynut

Next run

Next run

Greetings friends.
After agonizing for the last couple weeks about what strain I will run on the next grow I've made up my mind and got seeds in the pots. I divided to pop 1/2 pack of tony greens gorilla bubble bx1f1. The pack had 14 beans in it so I soaked 7 of them overnight in a shot glass of RO water. This morning I planted them pointy side down into straight fox farm happy frog soil. I had soaked the soil last night and added some mosquito beater (BT) crumbles to keep the fungus gnats away.

I've never had gorilla glue or any of its crosses that I know of but it's super popular and I keep hearing good things about it. The plan is to transplant 3 times during veg. Once they show sex I'll do some topping or LST. I may or may not take cuttings of these depending if I have room for them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, those look sweet!
sounds like you cant go wrong with the glue

so your weekend should be in full swing right about now!
its so nice having mondays off
yeah guys like coleman and uker are legends of the game
when i was young one of my good friends was a huge cubs fan
i would skip school and go to his house
he would make breakfast and we would watch cubs games
harry carrey was all time and we had a blast watching him on the tv

now that we dont have a football team here in san diego, i might get back into padres baseball
they have really stepped up and reaffirmed their commitment to san diego and i like that
unfortunately, i dont have cable tv and they dont show baseball on regular tv
maybe its time to dig out that old radio and listen to the games again

hope youre having a great weekend buddy!

Fiddynut

oh man, those look sweet!
sounds like you cant go wrong with the glue

so your weekend should be in full swing right about now!
its so nice having mondays off
yeah guys like coleman and uker are legends of the game
when i was young one of my good friends was a huge cubs fan
i would skip school and go to his house
he would make breakfast and we would watch cubs games
harry carrey was all time and we had a blast watching him on the tv

now that we dont have a football team here in san diego, i might get back into padres baseball
they have really stepped up and reaffirmed their commitment to san diego and i like that
unfortunately, i dont have cable tv and they dont show baseball on regular tv
maybe its time to dig out that old radio and listen to the games again

hope youre having a great weekend buddy!
Good morning pop_rocks.
Yep I keep hearing how bomb this glue is. I hope I can do it right and grow a good example of it. I'm going to have a look at some grow journals and see what is working for others. I've heard these girls need some support so I have to start thinking about how I'm going to keep them upright. Probably bamboo poles.

My weekend is going well. I didn't get the bicycling in that I wanted to but I can make up for that during the week. Made some great steak tacos yesterday. Today has been busy already. I had a dentist apt to install a crown this morning, then back home for a dog walk, now time to get ready for baseball. Opening day is always a fun but the lines will be long and the stadium will be crowded. Not good tailgating weather so we are going to go to a bar and catch the shuttle to the game.

That sucks about the Chargers. It's a shame to loose a team with some good history. How many teams does LA need anyway. At least the Padres sound committed. I'm in the same boat as you without cable tv. I gave it up a couple years ago just realized it was almost all crap and not worth watching. There are far better things to do with your time that sit in front of the tube anyway. I almost think baseball is better on the radio.

I hope you long weekend went well. Time to get headed to the ballpark and do some day drinking....Fiddy.

Rodehazrd

morning fellas!

yeah we use to live on the pan handle and i spent a lot of good years in the ganisville area as well
swampy as f^ck and everything there wants to eat you
my family still has property in pensacola

i love fla because i spent some of my younger years there too
/catching crawdaddies, eating hominy and running around half nekid'

i guess in some ways it will always feel like home, even tho i havent been back in years

so are you a brewers fan fiddy?
i used to love baseball but havent really been following the sport in years
i get back into things near the playoffs
how often do you go to the city to see games?
i love having mondays off
when everyone else is winding down your weekend will be going strong!
hope you have a great time at the park,man!

i dont usually let my containers dry out that much but ive seen the gap you are talking about
the soil acts like a sponge and will expand or contract depending on how saturated it is

that is one sweet camping set up you have there rhode!
do you have a favorite spot you like to go to?
one think that blows people out west away is when i tell them you can drive your car on the beach down there
i would be great to roll up to a nice spot and set up camp on the beach

We have a few favorites spots but for an all time best beach camp I have to say Edisto Island South Carolina. They sent our money back this year due to hurricane damage last fall. Rez required at least a year ahead to get a site under the 150 year old live oaks and magnolias next to the beach. #13579 all go quite early as they are private and on the beach.
That low country Gullah culture and food just rings my chime. They put grits In everything and talk In metaphors away from the tourists. Takes some time to get the lingo you have to know some of their kitchen stories To see their logic I think you can find them on Smithsonian.
Charleston to north and Beafort south nice day trips. Loggerhead turtles come up there too we had one In campground one year we had to help her over the dune to get back out.
Rodehazrd :smoke out:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
did someone say day drinking?
hope you enjoyed your day off man
so how was your day out?

bamboo poles work good for support
or you could go with the horizontal string net screen for even more support
they are cheap, reusable and come in a variety of sizes ( i liked the four inch spacing)
/very popular with scrog'ers
yuo might also want to keep a stead breeze on the plants
/in this case i would recommend a bit more than normal so the plants are actually swaying a bit
this will encourage strong stems to support the heavy buds!

that sounds like an awesome place to camp rhode'!
is this one of those outer islands off the coast?
the 150y trees must be epic to behold,man
wow, ive never even heard of gullah culture or thier food!
would totally like to hear more about it
how did you come across it?

Floridian

Veteran
Rh I don't know if you're kidding or what lol.About the Smithsonian part I grew up in the DC area and know just about every room in every bldg.Don't remember any SC beach lingo.I'm intoxerated.Mom has been a challenge these last couple days.When I can finally tear into some wax with my lungpower I'm gonna be one happy strange individual.My time is gonna come.I'm 5 months into 12 months probation with early release a possibility.I've taken care of every stipulation monetary and physical.57 and I make a decision a fuckin kid would be smart enough not to make.Don't drive impaired folks.Hadn't had alcohol for 11 years,just lost my taste for it.My taste has returned lol

Rodehazrd

Fla I ment online Smithsonian archives for Gullah language and music. They saved recordings of some stories I'll see if I can get link. There's swamp for miles to get out there nobody wanted it but it's a pretty big dry area when you get out there. Blacks settled the r e after emancipation due To the swamps they had little contact for several generations.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

We have a few favorites spots but for an all time best beach camp I have to say Edisto Island South Carolina. They sent our money back this year due to hurricane damage last fall. Rez required at least a year ahead to get a site under the 150 year old live oaks and magnolias next to the beach. #13579 all go quite early as they are private and on the beach.
That low country Gullah culture and food just rings my chime. They put grits In everything and talk In metaphors away from the tourists. Takes some time to get the lingo you have to know some of their kitchen stories To see their logic I think you can find them on Smithsonian.
Charleston to north and Beafort south nice day trips. Loggerhead turtles come up there too we had one In campground one year we had to help her over the dune to get back out.
Rodehazrd :smoke out:

Rodehazrd said:
Fla I ment online Smithsonian archives for Gullah language and music. They saved recordings of some stories I'll see if I can get link. There's swamp for miles to get out there nobody wanted it but it's a pretty big dry area when you get out there. Blacks settled the r e after emancipation due To the swamps they had little contact for several generations.
Rodehazrd

Good morning Rodehazrd.

Edisto island sounds like a great place to camp. I've never been to Carolina (south or north) but hear they are beautiful. I've met plenty of friendly people from the Carolinas.
I'm really interested in going online and looking up the park and learning about Gullah culture. Love grits and would like to learn about their food, logic, and metaphors.

Fiddynut

did someone say day drinking?
hope you enjoyed your day off man
so how was your day out?

bamboo poles work good for support
or you could go with the horizontal string net screen for even more support
they are cheap, reusable and come in a variety of sizes ( i liked the four inch spacing)
/very popular with scrog'ers
yuo might also want to keep a stead breeze on the plants
/in this case i would recommend a bit more than normal so the plants are actually swaying a bit
this will encourage strong stems to support the heavy buds!

that sounds like an awesome place to camp rhode'!
is this one of those outer islands off the coast?
the 150y trees must be epic to behold,man
wow, ive never even heard of gullah culture or thier food!
would totally like to hear more about it
how did you come across it?
Good morning pop_rocks.
It was nice to get to the ballpark yesterday. I had forgotten how much of a drunk fest opening day was and got a great reminder. Lots of falling over drunk youngsters and I saw more vomiting than I cared to. I guess your only young once. There are some new burger and BBQ food spots at the park this year. More bars including an outside bar in the parking lot. Good thing Miller park has a roof it was cold and rainy.

I just picked up a bag of 25 bamboo poles that are 5' long so I have plenty of that. I haven't planned for support on the LW's yet. The test grow I found of them the guy didn't need poles he just tied a couple branches to the main stem of the plant. I figured I'd try the same thing as he did unless they look like they need help I'll throw some poles in. Rodehazrd has a nice set up with the trellis screen but not sure how I'd pull that off. I'd love to try scrog but for now I need to be able to pick up my pots to see if they need water or not.
Now that you mention airflow in the tent it's time for me to come clean on something naughty I've been doing this and last grow. I haven't been using a fan inside the flower tent. I know it goes against everything I've read not to have a fan going. I have very good air exchange in the tent. I do use a fan in the veg tent and get the stems working to stay upright through veg. I will put a little fan in the flower tent soon. The tower fan I had in there 2 grows ago doesn't fit and I think was too powerful anyway. I think it stressed my plants. I know it blew the pollen around and made the hermie issue worse. It's a bad excuse but I figured that without a fan if I did have a hermie the pollen would stay put and not affect all my plants. Ok now that I have that off my chest I feel better. I will put the little desk fan back in and keep it pointed at the tops of the plants.

Fiddynut

Rh I don't know if you're kidding or what lol.About the Smithsonian part I grew up in the DC area and know just about every room in every bldg.Don't remember any SC beach lingo.I'm intoxerated.Mom has been a challenge these last couple days.When I can finally tear into some wax with my lungpower I'm gonna be one happy strange individual.My time is gonna come.I'm 5 months into 12 months probation with early release a possibility.I've taken care of every stipulation monetary and physical.57 and I make a decision a fuckin kid would be smart enough not to make.Don't drive impaired folks.Hadn't had alcohol for 11 years,just lost my taste for it.My taste has returned lol

Good morning Floridian.
I got a DWI a few years ago and that was no fun. I wasn't even drunk I blew a 0.09 and that was just a couple months after the law changed from .1 to .08. The whole thing was inconvenient and expensive. I had to do all the counseling and classes and shit. It's a shit sandwich but sounds like you are 1/2 way through it. Keep plugging and it will be over before you know it.
It's a different world these days. Driving with a little buzz was accepted when I was growing up around here. It's like it changed over night. I don't have more than a beer or two if I'm driving anymore, not because I'm a danger on the road but because I don't want to run the risk of another DWI. Once they get you in the system it's hard to get out. Just do what you have to do to get off paper and out of their lilttle traps.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yea man, dui is no joke
lets play it safe and be smart when we go out and have a few drinks
the .08 thing is kind of lame
but thats the law and we have all know someone who had a little too much drink and got behind the wheel
with legalization i wonder how they will deal wiht people driving under the influence of weed?
i know people who take a small toke, then act like they are all stoned
driving is the most dangerous thing you will do any day
lets stay smart and most of all safe

you are going to be all right floridian
you have come this far and only have a few more months to go
you got this bro!

rhode, post up what you know
links are great and will gt us all up to speed, but it sounds like yuo have mingled wiht the locals!
care to share some stories?
i love to hear about old america

im glad you could get that off your chest fiddy
fans are a small investment that pay off huge
not only do they encourage strong stems but they promote air exchange
even if you are augmenting your grow with c02, you want the air to circulate
the plants love it
my favorites are those small usb powered fans you can find online
just plug them into a usb battery and set them where ever you need the air
plus,they are also great for camping or just sitting out back on the porch
/ i even have usb powered led light bulbs i like to set up outside

Fiddynut

yea man, dui is no joke
lets play it safe and be smart when we go out and have a few drinks
the .08 thing is kind of lame
but thats the law and we have all know someone who had a little too much drink and got behind the wheel
with legalization i wonder how they will deal wiht people driving under the influence of weed?
i know people who take a small toke, then act like they are all stoned
driving is the most dangerous thing you will do any day
lets stay smart and most of all safe

you are going to be all right floridian
you have come this far and only have a few more months to go
you got this bro!

rhode, post up what you know
links are great and will gt us all up to speed, but it sounds like yuo have mingled wiht the locals!
care to share some stories?
i love to hear about old america

im glad you could get that off your chest fiddy
fans are a small investment that pay off huge
not only do they encourage strong stems but they promote air exchange
even if you are augmenting your grow with c02, you want the air to circulate
the plants love it
my favorites are those small usb powered fans you can find online
just plug them into a usb battery and set them where ever you need the air
plus,they are also great for camping or just sitting out back on the porch
/ i even have usb powered led light bulbs i like to set up outside
Good morning pop_rocks.
You said it perfectly play it safe and be smart. DUI are no fun and costly. And after a few drinks it's easy to think your fine to drive even if it's not the case. And even just a couple can cause you to fail breath test even if your not impaired. Like pop_rocks said its the law and we have to obey or face the music. A few friends I know caused accidents while drunk and have had to live with knowing they injured people, luckily they didn't kill anyone.
As a guy on two wheels most of the time I have to be very aware of the cars around me. I'm always checking the mirrors and looking at traffic, planing an escape any possible crash. When I see someone driving erratic it makes them harder to predict and harder for me to feel like I can avoid them whatever they do.

You are right a whole new bunch of laws are going to get made dealing with stoned driving. As new testing methods become available it will be interesting how the cops deal with weed. Here the law is same as alcohol and zero tolerance so one hit and you are impaired and they got you. But it's so much harder for them to prove you have been smoking because they don't have the blood alcohol level to report so it's rare to get a DWI for pot.
In fact you reminded me about a thread I read last year here on icmag about a pot Breathalyzer they were testing in Cali. I haven't seen any follow ups but here is the thread link.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=332457

I too want to hear more from Rodehazrd about the camping at Edisto island and the Gullah people. I checked out some pics of the campground on google yesterday and it looked really nice. Some great privacy and so close to the water. I've not seen anything like it before. And what I could find on Gullah was interesting as well. Like he said they were isolated for generations and carried on their culture and are unique in their ways. I'd love to hear more.

Yes pop my paranoia about hermies had struck again and I need to get a fan back in there. I got away without for the auto grow and because the RH is low in winter but now it's on the rise. I've got a little 6" fan that I can clip to the poles in the tent I just have to plug it in. I'm going to find a balance between too much and too little (or none) wind. That tower fan was way too much and I think I pissed the Larry's off with it. I'll check the USB fans out I haven't seen them before.

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
If you do a YouTube search on Gullah or Geechie you're going to be swamped with lowland stories.
I think your charcuterie studies will expand.
These people lived for generation on the bits and pieces of flesh massa cast off.
Backbone and rib stew with cooked greens and pigfeet on the side make a grown man cry. Seriously pigs feet are delicious
There friendly enough to outsiders not getting invited to supper but somewhat inclusive when fishing on the bridge or shopping at the same veg stand regularly.
If you do Edisto shop Pinks she or now her grandkids hold court only mile or so back a dirt road. Just after the bridge.
Rodehazrd

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
diggin the new avitar man
you must be a dead fan

i guess unless they actually catch you red handed its hard to prove you are under the influence of weed
the safest thing to do would jsut be not to smoke in your car
/but that sucks because i used to love firing one up on the way home from school or the beach
//i wouldent smoke enough to get stoned, just a toke to enjoy the ride

i have one fo those clip fans too
it works great but the usb fans are versatile and can be placed anywhere in the tent
i usually ahve one down low to move the air around and encourage circulation beneath the canopy

will do re: youtubing gullah culture,rhode
i will also check out that site on google maps!
sounds like an awesome place

Fiddynut

Fiddy
If you do a YouTube search on Gullah or Geechie you're going to be swamped with lowland stories.
I think your charcuterie studies will expand.
These people lived for generation on the bits and pieces of flesh massa cast off.
Backbone and rib stew with cooked greens and pigfeet on the side make a grown man cry. Seriously pigs feet are delicious
There friendly enough to outsiders not getting invited to supper but somewhat inclusive when fishing on the bridge or shopping at the same veg stand regularly.
If you do Edisto shop Pinks she or now her grandkids hold court only mile or so back a dirt road. Just after the bridge.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.
I'll get on YouTube tonight. Looking forward to learning some history.

'Twas a very dark period in American history when people were treated worse than anamals. The world must have been a very dark place indeed when no freedoms were granted and only the powerful had any security. So much struggle for the benefit of so few people.

Looking forward to learning about some of the food you are talking about. I love to see the different techniques people use to prepare there meals. Even though I'm too chicken to try new foods sometimes I still enjoy learning about them. I could see myself trying pigs feet sometime.

I'd love to get down there someday. I can cover lots of distance on my bike and love a great ride. I'm sure it would be an epic motorcycle trip.

Thanks for sharing...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

diggin the new avitar man
you must be a dead fan

i guess unless they actually catch you red handed its hard to prove you are under the influence of weed
the safest thing to do would jsut be not to smoke in your car
/but that sucks because i used to love firing one up on the way home from school or the beach
//i wouldent smoke enough to get stoned, just a toke to enjoy the ride

i have one fo those clip fans too
it works great but the usb fans are versatile and can be placed anywhere in the tent
i usually ahve one down low to move the air around and encourage circulation beneath the canopy

will do re: youtubing gullah culture,rhode
i will also check out that site on google maps!
sounds like an awesome place
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Thanks. Yes I am a fan of the dead and love the music and scene. I've had so many great times with like minded people and at the shows. Still listen to the music all the time and it never gets old. Such a huge number of songs and so many different versions of each song.
The avatar skull is from a death metal band called six feet under. I know deadheads aren't supposed to like death metal but I do. I think South Park did an episode on how death metal is like hippie repellent and it was funny as hell. If you like the heavy stuff check out their album warpath it rocks.

I too use to puff and drive a lot. Now I don't drive much and don't get the chance much. I don't think getting a little weed buzz makes me a dangerous driver but maybe it is different for others. When we are on our Sunday motorcycle rides we stop at the side of the road for "safety meetings" and take a couple hits here and there. I find that I drive slower and less aggressive with a little buzz.

I will order some of those fans up soon. A couple little ones would be great for my little tent.

Something that might interest you pop_rocks is a recipe for sausage roles that mex posted in the food porn thread. You make the sausage and instead of stuffing it in casings you make a dough and wrap and cook it. It sounds really good.
Here is a link to the thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244093
And to the recipe: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7893578&postcount=3220

Latest posts

Latest posts