What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

rocker

My Brother lived in Kona for 18 years, he took me to Captain Cooks Cove, right at dawn, you swim out to the center of the cove right before first light, it is spooky as hell, but suddenly you have a pod of 50 or more dolphins around you, it is a spiritual event. I have done it a few times, they don't always show up, but when they do pure magic, Hawaiin Spinner Dolphins, they jump out of the water and do corkscrew motions.

Rodehazrd

My Brother lived in Kona for 18 years, he took me to Captain Cooks Cove, right at dawn, you swim out to the center of the cove right before first light, it is spooky as hell, but suddenly you have a pod of 50 or more dolphins around you, it is a spiritual event. I have done it a few times, they don't always show up, but when they do pure magic, Hawaiin Spinner Dolphins, they jump out of the water and do corkscrew motions.
Love the spinner fish Rocker. I took ms Hazrd on a moonlight cruise out of Lahina Maui and those crazy Dolphins were jumpin and spinning all night.:woohoo:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I, along with many other Brewers fans are very proud of how the team handled the series with the Rockies over the weekend. The Brewers won the last 11 games in a row to put themselves in the position to be playing in the NLCS for the chance to represent the national league in the world series. But before we skip too far ahead we will have to take care of the Dodgers or the Braves. As the hottest team (win streak wise) coming into the postseason it is going to be a long layoff untill the start of the NLCS on Friday at Miller park. I just hope that's not too much rest for them to mess up the momentum they are carrying.

@Badfishy. Everything I've heard about dolphins is that they arnt aggressive and don't want to hurt people. Mostly I felt that the dolphin was just playing around and having fun with me. I watcher the tv show flipper a lot when I was a kid. But i was worried about him accidentally tipping me over and me loosing my phone while on vacation. Also I got a close look at how powerful and comfortable they are in their natural environment. A person wouldn't stand a chance in the water if a dolphin decided it wanted to drag you under. I'd love to swim with them someday.

@rocker. That sounds super cool. I've never been to Hawaii, but I knew a lot of Hawaiians when I worked in San Francisco. I went to a lot of Hawaiian bars there too and always had a great time. Swimming with all those dolphins must be cool as fuck! I think I'd be down for that if I ever get the chance. I can see where it would be a spiritual experience.

@Rodehazrd. How are your clones reacting to the folar treatment?

Badfishy1

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I, along with many other Brewers fans are very proud of how the team handled the series with the Rockies over the weekend. The Brewers won the last 11 games in a row to put themselves in the position to be playing in the NLCS for the chance to represent the national league in the world series. But before we skip too far ahead we will have to take care of the Dodgers or the Braves. As the hottest team (win streak wise) coming into the postseason it is going to be a long layoff untill the start of the NLCS on Friday at Miller park. I just hope that's not too much rest for them to mess up the momentum they are carrying.

@Badfishy. Everything I've heard about dolphins is that they arnt aggressive and don't want to hurt people. Mostly I felt that the dolphin was just playing around and having fun with me. I watcher the tv show flipper a lot when I was a kid. But i was worried about him accidentally tipping me over and me loosing my phone while on vacation. Also I got a close look at how powerful and comfortable they are in their natural environment. A person wouldn't stand a chance in the water if a dolphin decided it wanted to drag you under. I'd love to swim with them someday.

@rocker. That sounds super cool. I've never been to Hawaii, but I knew a lot of Hawaiians when I worked in San Francisco. I went to a lot of Hawaiian bars there too and always had a great time. Swimming with all those dolphins must be cool as fuck! I think I'd be down for that if I ever get the chance. I can see where it would be a spiritual experience.

@Rodehazrd. How are your clones reacting to the folar treatment?

I’ve swam with them wild on multiple occasions. If I notice a pod kind of hanging around I will jump in with them. Have caught basically every ‘fish’ on long line, except for porpoise. Smart animals. And yes very powerful

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
I think the foliar helped I don't see white tips on the new growth any more but the older leaves not what you'd prefer for about 4 limbs. I used epsom 1t per gal and biomin calcium spray too. I did them all although only two pheno's had the issue.

rocker

Fiddynut,
Congrats to the Brew Crew, they played well and took care of business, I think you'll get the Dodgers and man, I do not want to see them advance, so go Brewers!
I feel very fortunate to have swam with the Dolphins, and to have a brother on the island too, I went a few times before life got crazy, it was a blast being young and crashing on his couch, but not sure I could live on an island and not go a little stir crazy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope everyone had a great weekend!
i cant believe its already october and halloween is right around the corner
mrsChicky and the girl have been talking about it for the past couple weeks but i totally got into the halloween spirit this past weekend
the girl and i were talking about halloween on saturday and she mentioned the bruce willis film, the 6th sence (one of my favorite movies)
thats a great movie and if you like that, you would totally love "the others" is said
i dont want to spoil the movie, but im totally recomending it to all the tribe!
it is a great ghost flik and the ending will have you totally saying wtf
we also watched this thing called "10 halloween stories" on netflix or something
turns out that wasnt too bad either; they were only like 10min long so even if they were corney it went by fast
most were actually pretty good and it was a lot of fun getting spooked out

ive had dolphins swim under me in the water and it can be kind of scarry
when ever you get close to a fish* that big in the water, its a pretty humbling experience
they are one of the smartest animals on the planet for sure and i always feel better when im in the water and see donlphins around
/i just dont want them swimming up under me when im alone in the water

so did you end up cooking a brisket this weekend, f'nut?
in addition to the tacos and casserole., we had tostadas!
man, i love those thigns and next time you plan on making some tacos, get some tostada shells and open a can of beans and make some tostadas too
they are super good and kind of light if you dont load them up with meat or creme fresh/sour cream
i just smeared some fresh beans and then dressed it like i would a taco; those thing were bomb!
i dont mind the refried beans in the can but the mrs prefers mashing our own beans but either way you cant go wrong

so we are just about finished with the post harvest work from my friends backyard
the buds are looking nice and have been moved into the jars for their final cure
i did run a bunch of stuff through my bags a week or so ago
i gave my friend a nice chunk and the mrs used some of the stuff from the first two bags to make an oil, but this is what ive been toking

picture.php

View image in gallery

it feels like chewing gum and has an oily residue on the fingers
nice and melty,it tastes kind of lemon mixed in with strong fuel
we were cheifin pn this all weekend i can certainly say, this is strong stuff

Last edited:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well and your weeks are off to a good start!

@Badfishy. Yes for sure smart and very social is what I've always heard about them.

@Rodehazrd. I hope your girls are on the mend. Often I've heard that the plant considers old leaves old news and won't put any effort into repairing them when they can just focus on new growth.

On another note I went to the grow shop last weekend and got a couple bags of new soil. It the roots brand and I got a bag of original and a bag of their 707 too. The 707 has some nutes in it like ocean forest and the original is more like happy frog. I really want to amend it with the minerals we have talked about in the past. I still can't find the caco3 but I got some crushed oyster shell, soft rock phosphate and gypsum and I'm thinking that the oyster shell should be a good substitute for the calcium. Do you think I should just try the 6-5-3 mix in the budrunner post? I'm concerned about subbing the oyster shell for the caco3 and also about throwing the pH of my soil off.

@rocker. The Brewers have a real chance against anyone this year. I think that we will see a lot of people getting behind them as the post season goes on. I think people are naturally drawn to get behind the little guy. Smallest market in baseball is milwauke. Dodgers are like the Yankees of a few years ago, deep pockets trying to buy all the best players in the game.

@pop_rocks. We are in full Halloween prep mode here. The wife is allready doing a lot of decorating and has sent out invitations to our annual Halloween party. I will check out "the others" and "10 Halloween stories" but I'd bet my wife has seen them allready. She watches scary movies all year long. Since we don't have cable she is always watching Netflix. She loves all of them from the classics to the new ones.
I bet dolphins are a great sign when swimming. I've even heard that they have protected people from sharks, not sure if that's true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.
I couldn't find a good brisket but I made a couple racks of St. Louis style ribs and they turned out nicely. I made smoky BBQ beans as well. Tostadas are the crispy fried tortias like big round chips right? I've never had them with just beans but I'm sure they are great. Ive used them when I've made chicken tinga (sp?) in the past. They have a nice crunch to them. I will try them with beans and veggies next time we do a Mexican food theme.
That bubble hash looks great man. I can't believe I let my last batch get all moldy. I should have enough trim and larf after this next run to make another batch, and I'll let it dry more next time too. Glad that most of you post harvest work is about done and in jars.

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy,
I'm havng trouble finding clean caco3 too Just returned wth a bag of dolomite instead its just got more Mg than I wont to start with. My goji and longbottom are loving the new mix but the oaxacan's still kinda suck. I think I may repot them into just plain sunshine mix or something .

A couple of them are starting to look really good in the flower room else I'd give up on them and run some easy headband or OG.

Badfishy1

Rode, what is purpose of caco3? Calcium foliar? If so, take clean eggshells, dissolve in vinegar, wait for bubbles to stop, strain shells out, dilute in water and apply foliar
Pops gotta make your own taco shells! Either make your own tortillas (super easy) or buy store bought (even easier) then put in hot oil n fry them. Takes tacos to pro level! IMHO, worth the extra time. Especially on a Sunday afternoon watching some ball. Also, how much bubble did you end up with? How much did you use? Trim or buds?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fish'
i used mostly the smaller buds/pop corn nuggets i dident want to mess with to make this batch and have another bunch of trim and larf to do another run
i was going to weigh everything out to keep track of results but got very lazy bruh, i will try and keep better records in the future but it felt like about 2-4 oz of buds in this run
i probably got about 4-8g of nice bubble plus some cooking stuff for the mrs, maybe another three grams
(just a guess off the top of my head)
yeah man, we usually make our own shells with the fresh corn tortillas you can get at costco
we even roll up our own rolled tacos
you are right that its totally worth the extra time

dude,that sucks about your hash getting moldy, i wonder if you could press it and make rosin or if its a total loss
/btw,where has p'fan been lately?!? he would know i bet
thats rad that you guys are prepping for halloween,fiddy
its always been one of my favorite holidays and i am ready for it this year
i hope your party is a hit and you have a ton of fun
yeah, tostadas are those flat crispy tortillas
they are bomb to eat and a lot of fun to make
its one of those things you can just set out the spread and let everyone assemble their own even
i believe that dolphins are good vibe too in the water
they would know if there were any sharks around and either chase the shark away or gtfo themselves, so i believe if you see them you are a little safer
i will be rooting for your brewers in the post season my man
a bunch of the people i work with are all dogers this and that, but those guys are kooks!
man, some nice bbq ribs sounds good! i think beans and corn bread are two of my favorite sides to go wth bbq
my nephew has been doing a lot of fishing and we are probably going to have some fresh fish this weekend but i might have to keep an eye out for some nice ribs

we are working our way through the week and i hope everyone is having a great start to their fall

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@Rodehazrd. I'm sorry to hear that the oaxacan's are still giving you trouble. It's pretty amazing that a mix that the more common hybrids love is so far off for the land race plants. I guess that very diffrent strains have very diffrent needs. Keep up the hard work and hopefully you will be rewarded with some special product. And maybe keep a few easy headband or OGs around just in case.

@Badfishy. The CaCo3 is for amending the soil, along with soft rock phosphate and gypsum. My goal is to ditch the bottled cal/mag because it messes with my grows. Using RO water I need to find a way to get the calcium and mag into the soil so the plant can use it. I've heard of the egg shell method and it sounds great for a folar.

@pop_rocks. The moldy hash was a good learning lesson for me. It seemed dry but obviously was not and I also left it I the jar without checking on it for way too long. Hopefully won't make that mistake again. I wasn't taking any chances so I tossed it.
I like Halloween as well. Probably because it's a fun holiday without a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo. But my wife is the one who lives for Halloween every year. She spends months planning the party and coming up with the diffrent themes every year.
I will try frying up some fresh tostadas soon for sure. I can get fresh made daily tortillas from the Mexican grocery in town. I love the idea of a tostada bar where everyone puts on the toppings they like. I'm sure you could put just about anything on them. Also a great way to use up leftovers as toppings.
I'm glad you are getting behind the brew crew. I just read and articulate today that talked about how most of the country will be rooting for the Brewers. Thay have a stat called hate units that takes wins and payroll into account and the rest of the tems in the post season are the most hated in baseball while the Brewers are the lowest. The Dodgers payroll is about twice the size of Milwaukee's. Here are a couple of stats I hope change after this postseason. The Brewers have never won a World Series in their 49 years in Milwaukee. The Brewers have only been to one World Series and that was 1982. The Milwaukee braves won in '56 or '57. We are due!
That's cool that your nephew has been having a good time fishing and will be bringing fresh fish this weekend. I feel like if I grew up closer to the ocean and got fresh sea food when I was young that I'd like the way it tastes more than I do.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
maybe you would like seafood more if you grew up closer to the ocean, but ive spent most of my life living by the sea and dont really like fish
i remember my auntie saying when i was young that you ahve to eat fish if you live on "the island" but i never really got into it
too many bandwagoners are rooting for the dodgers, plus being from san diego im a padres fan when it comes to baseball
i used to love baseball and was a big fan of the padres, but that was a long time ago
yeah man, im all about setting out the fixins and making your own when it comes to a lot of things
that was everyone gets the toppings they like, plus its less work for me and the mrs
once the prep is done you pretty much let it ride and enjoy the fun
thats awesome that your lady is into halloween
it was one of my favorite holidays growing up because it was the one night a year you could go out after dark and just be a kid
we would bring pillow cases to haul all the loot and travel from one end of the community to the other
there is actually a lot of folklore surrounding halloween and i think it was actually a pagan holiday before becoming what we know today
so whats this years theme?
i was invited to a theme party but im not going to go
the theme is alice in wonderland and a couple friends have already dropped some major coin on their costumes
we will probably just hang at the pad and hand out candy, but the last few years have been a bust as far as trick or treaters go

hope the rest of the tribe is kicking ass and enjoying their own harvests
lets hear what you have going and how things went this year for you in the garden
im getting ready to fire up the lights again and have a bunch of fun seeds to work with

packerfan79

Veteran
happening fish'
i used mostly the smaller buds/pop corn nuggets i dident want to mess with to make this batch and have another bunch of trim and larf to do another run
i was going to weigh everything out to keep track of results but got very lazy bruh, i will try and keep better records in the future but it felt like about 2-4 oz of buds in this run
i probably got about 4-8g of nice bubble plus some cooking stuff for the mrs, maybe another three grams
(just a guess off the top of my head)
yeah man, we usually make our own shells with the fresh corn tortillas you can get at costco
we even roll up our own rolled tacos
you are right that its totally worth the extra time

dude,that sucks about your hash getting moldy, i wonder if you could press it and make rosin or if its a total loss
/btw,where has p'fan been lately?!? he would know i bet
thats rad that you guys are prepping for halloween,fiddy
its always been one of my favorite holidays and i am ready for it this year
i hope your party is a hit and you have a ton of fun
yeah, tostadas are those flat crispy tortillas
they are bomb to eat and a lot of fun to make
its one of those things you can just set out the spread and let everyone assemble their own even
i believe that dolphins are good vibe too in the water
they would know if there were any sharks around and either chase the shark away or gtfo themselves, so i believe if you see them you are a little safer
i will be rooting for your brewers in the post season my man
a bunch of the people i work with are all dogers this and that, but those guys are kooks!
man, some nice bbq ribs sounds good! i think beans and corn bread are two of my favorite sides to go wth bbq
my nephew has been doing a lot of fishing and we are probably going to have some fresh fish this weekend but i might have to keep an eye out for some nice ribs

we are working our way through the week and i hope everyone is having a great start to their fall

Hey pop rocks,

I am still lurking around here and there. Can't get rid of me that easy. Lol. Still chugging along. I am 4 and a half weeks into flower. Got a headbanger that is stacking nicely. So far I am pretty happy with the led.i let the plants get way to tall so I have been fairly aggressive with the ties. They are in the shape of a candelabra. Got some serious frost on 4 so far.

I have never had a problem with mold on my hash, but I live in a dry climate. I don't think their is much you could do with it. Smoking mold can give you a nasty lung infection. I would say better to be safe than sorry

@Fiddynuts, I am rooting for the brewers. Mabey more that I am rooting against the Dodgers. Lol. Either way I am hopeful that LA gets out out quickly.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad to see you are still around my man!
thats what i thought about mold on anything, but just was wondering wwpfd
how long did you let these girls veg for? are these fomr clones or did you sprout these seed yourself
a candelabra shape is nice tho and im sure you are going to pull some nice dank off these girls

hope you and the fam are all doing well and hope to see you around, man
are the boys excited for halloween?

Badfishy1

Nah no rain just overcast. But I live FAR south.
I have a couple lvtk by CannaVenture growing nicely. Also have a Pure LA Affie also by CV. Really weird plant tho. Kind of stalled out and isn’t really growing. Really don’t know wtf the deal is with it. Also growing out 2 of my own crosses and then a cross that a buddy of mine shared with me. Going to sex and flower it. Not going to take a clone of it. If anything, will reveg if it’s a banger, but have a lot of seeds to sort through

packerfan79

Veteran
glad to see you are still around my man!
thats what i thought about mold on anything, but just was wondering wwpfd
how long did you let these girls veg for? are these fomr clones or did you sprout these seed yourself
a candelabra shape is nice tho and im sure you are going to pull some nice dank off these girls

hope you and the fam are all doing well and hope to see you around, man
are the boys excited for halloween?

Plants are from seed. They veged a month under the t5 and 2 weeks under the LED. Family is good. The wife starts work on Tuesday. She got a job as an ABA therapist. Its only part time but it's working with autistic kids like my oldest. Its also good experience she's working on her bachelor in Psychology. So, it gives her real world experience. They also pay some tuition, not at the school shes ar now. But for her master's. Considering the bachelors is 36 grand we'll take any help we can get.

Kids are very excited about Halloween. We go to a trunk or treat thing at my mom's church, so they enjoy spending time with grandma and grandpa.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Wow it feels like winter is on its way around here. It was in the 80's here Monday and Tuesday but the high today and tomorrow is in the low 40's. Helpfully the rain is over and we can get back to some outdoor recreation soon. It's been so rainy the last few weeks that I've hardly been able to ride the bike or do any disc golfing. I was really looking forward to fall weather but this year has been a bust so far.

@pop_rocks. You may be right that I'm just not into the fishy stuf and wouldn't be no matter where I lived. I really don't mind because there is so much I can cook with cow, chicken and pig. In fact I'm really looking forward to a nice beef chuck pot roast that I'm going to start tonight for tomorrow's game 1 of the NLDS. I'm going to seer off a nice hunk of roast tonight and put it in the oven on low overnight, add onions, celery, and carrots in the morning and leave it in the oven all day. After almost 24 hours of cook time the flavor get really rich and the meat is spoon tender. Just the thing to hit the spot on a cold day. A good stew or roast, in or out of a crock pot is another good dish that you make in advance and when guests arrive it's ready to eat and people can help themselves.like you said it's all about convenience and less work for us when we'd rather be watching the game. I'd always rather put the work into food before company shows up so that we can socialize but some dishes work better than others for this.
I have fond memories of Halloween and trick or treating from childhood as well. When I was a kid there was a scare that people were giving out poison candy and stuff like that so we had to trick or treat during the day. It was still a lot of fun and we'd be set on candy for a long time. Pillow cases were the best loot bags for sure.
This year the party theme is the 90's show 'X-files' and all the alien and government coverup conspiracy stuff that comes with that. My wife and I use to watch that show every Sunday night at a mutual friends house when we were first dating. It was a great show and should provide plenty of opportunities for interisting costumes. I hear you on a lack of trick or treaters the last few years. Here the weather hasn't been good but it also might reflect that kids are less likely to even bother to work to get candy or parents don't want them eating as much.

@Packerfan. I'm glad to hear your plants are doing well and getting frosty. I'm pretty sure that most of the new Brewers fans are more like anti-Dodgers fans but we will be glad to have all of your support regardless. I think the Dodgers are probably the most hated NL team, at least in the west. Teams that win and have big payrolls always have a high hate unit measurement. Hopefully the crew can take care of them and get to the WS.

@Badfishy. Glad you are safe and not feeling the effects of that hurricane. It looks like a big storm and shows you just how long of a state Florida is. I'm glad that your garden is doing well and I hope your stalled out girl pushes through and becomes something special.