What's new

Few questions about amsterdam

Hi, i am 18 and want to drive to amsterdam from the UK with my brother and his freind, they are both 16 though. Does anyone know of any coffee shops that we could all smoke in? I would obviously be the only one with ID. We all smoke regularly so my brother and his freind arent going to be loud or cause trouble or anything.

Also, can anyone reccomend any good accomodation over there? We would want to go beginning of feburary.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
mate, coffeeshops require you to be 21 ...

edit - which is strange when they let you buy beer at 16

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Is it not 18 ?
Beginning of February... there's a nice Carnival in Breda at this time of year.

Irie !

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
let me double check tomorrow, but I'm 99% sure its 21 mate ... I first visited when I was 17... things were a lot less strict then...

edit - my missus just said "ohh I dunno, some of em are 18 I think" ... I hope she's right mate :)

LUDACRIS

Veteran
they wont ask you for i.d unless you look really young.
they dont really care in the coffee shops and there are no door staff (only at the clubs).
besides that the weed is shit and expensive.

Mr.Jones

mate, coffeeshops require you to be 21 ...

edit - which is strange when they let you buy beer at 16

its 18! strict ID controlls ...

visit barneys breakfastbar - its a cool place to be!
and get the amnesia haze @ greenhouse i think
northernlights from the church coffeeshop
white russian and nycd @ dampkring

cant go wrong with that

whiterabbit9

Veteran
18 last time I went a couple of years ago (4)

and myself got asked id once, guy said he could get a fine
if they came in and looked at peoples ids
other then that no , just that once, in a not so popular coffeeshop

LUDACRIS

Veteran
been there many times and they just dont care.
its just a ripp off the price they charge for their not so good weed.

Mr.Jones

well if you are 18, 16, 16 you will be asked for id - that is for sure!
when ive been there i was asked all the time before they even would show me the menu ...

the weed is okay - just make sure you know what you get.
and from my experience hash is not worth buying ...

still the dam is great imo

LUDACRIS

Veteran
well if you are 18, 16, 16 you will be asked for id - that is for sure!
when ive been there i was asked all the time before they even would show me the menu ...

the weed is okay - just make sure you know what you get.

still the dam is great imo

depends on how old you look i suppose.
the dam is ok but not good enough weed for me.
i have visited many coffee shops for a few beers and a few joints and see kids visiting the shops and buying as they will and never seen anyone being asked for i.d.

Mr.Jones

Drinking beer & smoking weed together is like pissing into the wind

Irie !

:D thats exactly what it is ...

that's great news :) for certain a lot of the places near me are 21, but my missus was just telling me that this is apparently subject to the owners :)

i can belive that. from what ive heard if a coffeeshop is caught selling to underaged they pretty much are shut down. so they raise the age to 21 and they have some kind of buffer maybe ...

still i havent been to a single one in the center of adam where entering age was 21.

mr.haze420

Veteran
if u and your friends want to smoke together, buy your smoke and then go to a bar that allows smoking, as u can buy and drink beer at 16. coffeeshops that care about there licenses and their million euro a year biz will not let underage people in.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Entrance age to an Amsterdam coffeeshop is 18 years old. To the best of my knowledge, it is the same for most of the rest of Holland also. Peace.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
i was there this summer, and many times.. NO WAY you could enter with less than 18 y/o... or maybe if you try to hide, like i saw some very young guy downstairs in the blue bird..

if they got caught, or somebody snitch on them, hosting a less than 18 y/o, the coffeeshop is closed straight away and there is no way that they would get a new license. I guess you understand why they wouldn t want your friends to come in.

but i would really advise you not to do that. in fact, getting really high and kicked out of a coffeeshop should not be a fun experience. just follow mr haze advice, he knows about the adam stuff !

Also, smoking intensly when you are less then 18/20 is really bad for the development of your brain. it s pretty much the only bad thing from cannabis. but still, you can enjoy smoking from time to time...

++

H

Hazyfontazy

which hash have you tried ?

Amsterdam has the finest assortment of hashish on earth :headbange

back to original poster ,,try kadinsky coffeshop and bar is right opposite or ricks sells(nice) beer and weed next door ,stones bar and coffeshop ,hunters bar and coffeshop ,,barneys bar and coffeshop ,,plenty to choose from and don't piss in the street

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran

back to original poster ,,try kadinsky coffeshop and bar is right opposite or ricks sells(nice) beer and weed next door ,stones bar and coffeshop ,hunters bar and coffeshop ,,barneys bar and coffeshop ,,plenty to choose from and don't piss in the street

AGREE ! but you really need to be RICH ^^ :xmasnut:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
few days ago, bought 1 gram of Rifman's Aisha hash for 8.50 eur p.g.
and smoked it out of the glass bong in our hotel lobby, and 3 people
were really quite high from it. It came from Dampkring (Pink Floyd)
and was the cheapest Rifman hash on their menu.

In the hotel where I am staying, that is two minute walk from the
Dampkring on Haarlemstraat we can smoke weed and hash in the
lobby and that is exactly what we do :smokeit:

this is an experience that is really amazing, and taking into account
that I plan to live here for a long time, I am really looking forward
to trying some of the hash that is of the highest quality from the
people that I met here in Amsterdam, and that hash really awesome
sift that is slighly pressed and has been made from the plants that
are grown here in NL.

SouthFlorida

Mr.Jones

okay i have to say i just bought stuff for around 10 euro a gramm (zero-zero) - but it was a total rip off: we smoke 0.75g in one joint and didnt feel much.
i had some skuff from somewhere but it wasnt great as well

either way im not into hash but nothing i got could even compare to my home made stuff

AGREE ! but you really need to be RICH ^^ :xmasnut:

haha - i never would pay 50 on a gramm (ok maybe i would ;))