What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Festivus...Airing of Grievances

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
That's right, its a Festivus for the rest of us! Air your grievances here an let the world know.

My son has disappointed me this past year, giving me and my whole side of the family the silent treatment. And were paying for his fucking tuition an housing at a university.....well i'm not anymore lol but grandma don't wanna stop paying.....even funnier. Found out he is talking to his crazy biological mother that we spent our lifetime just about in an out of court trying to keep her from him.

Lil shit just stoped talkin to all of us after Halloween an not a peep since. Stabbed in the back, an to you MY GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT, you are my grievance.:moon:

Gry

Veteran
I cannot help but think of the prodigal son and hope you may experience that sooner rather than later.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's messed up, A_s. I hope it doesn't get in the way of enjoying a happy festivus. Here's a little holiday gift for you. It's not much but I hope it helps you find a little cheer:

456061.jpg

Myself, I just moved into a new place and it's raining right now, and I just learned that the shed where I set up my grow room is not leak proof. :badday: So I just spent my festivus eve taking down one of my tents, just so I could put pavers underneath it, to prop it up off the floor. Now I'm wet, dirty, and exhausted.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
That's messed up, A_s. I hope it doesn't get in the way of enjoying a happy festivus. Here's a little holiday gift for you. It's not much but I hope it helps you find a little cheer:

View Image

Not ruining it at all lmfao im having Festivus in Hawaii. Thanks for the pic hush, lovin it.:tiphat:

Q

quokka

Maybe your son is disappointed you tried to keep him away from his mum?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Lol no it was his choice, she was literally crazy, tried to fake amnesia an got caught in the 72 hr hold psyc eval. Judge didnt like that one. There was no keeping him from her on my part.

theclearspot

That's right, its a Festivus for the rest of us! Air your grievances here an let the world know.

My son has disappointed me this past year, giving me and my whole side of the family the silent treatment. And were paying for his fucking tuition an housing at a university.....well i'm not anymore lol but grandma don't wanna stop paying.....even funnier. Found out he is talking to his crazy biological mother that we spent our lifetime just about in an out of court trying to keep her from him.

Lil shit just stoped talkin to all of us after Halloween an not a peep since. Stabbed in the back, an to you MY GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT, you are my grievance.:moon:

Ive been let down by family , by friends. I think a lot of people have. all I can say is your son is quite young and at that age they really think they know things they dont. He may wisen up later.
My grudge ( not such a big one) is that friends etc always expect me to do the contacting and chasing. They never do but im the worst in the world cos I dont keep in touch ?!
Over the years ive gradually been let down so much I have kind of retreated into a semi- rural lifestyle where I have my own family, space, dog, herb and try and be nice to all people but sometimes it doesnt work. Its Christmas day and I walked down the road today and one of the villagers walked past couldnt bring himself to say 'Hello' never mind 'Happy Christmas' just blanked me and my young boys. Sometimes I just despair with people , but today its prob because im quite down im an expat away from home should have gone home...ah well.

Merry Christmas to all the great people on here !!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

okay, as we all should know by now, Festivus is traditionally celebrated on Dec. 23rd, this year is no exception here in northern MN.

Three friends have been invited and will be attending what I have told them would be a nice Italian meal on the 23rd, so as not to interfere with the familial X-Mas plans they all already have, I do great Ital food, everyone readily accepted.

I have a wonderful unadorned aluminum pole in amongst my pile of re-usable construction debris and a real X-mas tree base to set it in, it will sit rather innocuously & unmentioned in the corner. The airing of grievance's will come as quite a shock, out of the frikkin' blue!!! as I move the pole front & center to explain the reason of our gathering; the feats of strength would have the potential to become messy, I have no lower body strength due to severe arthritis (see OP he'll tell ya) in my spine, so I'll set up a small table for arm wrestling, and so in the tradition of the holiday ending when the host has been 'pinned' we'll do the same here.

oh yes, they'll all take away a gift of sorts, they'll now have something to talk about at their actual family X-Mas dinners.

Festivus for the rest of us.......

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran

okay, as we all should know by now, Festivus is traditionally celebrated on Dec. 23rd, this year is no exception here in northern MN.

Three friends have been invited and will be attending what I have told them would be a nice Italian meal on the 23rd, so as not to interfere with the familial X-Mas plans they all already have, I do great Ital food, everyone readily accepted.

I have a wonderful unadorned aluminum pole in amongst my pile of re-usable construction debris and a real X-mas tree base to set it in, it will sit rather innocuously & unmentioned in the corner. The airing of grievance's will come as quite a shock, out of the frikkin' blue!!! as I move the pole front & center to explain the reason of our gathering; the feats of strength would have the potential to become messy, I have no lower body strength due to severe arthritis (see OP he'll tell ya) in my spine, so I'll set up a small table for arm wrestling, and so in the tradition of the holiday ending when the host has been 'pinned' we'll do the same here.

oh yes, they'll all take away a gift of sorts, they'll now have something to talk about at their actual family X-Mas dinners.

Festivus for the rest of us.......

Tell it like it is Stoner4life

Digging the originality :biggrin:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

:D

But seriously.

The owner of the company at my last job was a freakin' flake. Laid off 2/3 of his work force, but not before buying himself a new 4,000 sq. ft. house and brand new fishing boat. Jokes on him though. I went back to work at a place I've worked at before. Before my 90 days was up, I received a promotion, and am looking at a nice bump in pay after the first of the year. (I'd already have it if it weren't the end of the year, for budgetary reasons.)

So haha Scott! I get the last laugh! Dickbag!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I have a grievance to air...so, I've been writing for a local newspaper since June of 2015. Just one of the things I do to get my hustle on in this small ass town. Get an email a few weeks ago from the editor and she states that they had to cut my article because of their budget restraints...hahahah...they had to cut my measly $50 a month out so you can hire another old lady to write about her childhood memories on the farm from like 1915 or something.

I'm just going to start writing my article in a blog form...go pure gonzo journalism!

brown_thumb

Don't feel too bad. I haven't a single family member left speaking. The remaining living family are liars, cheats, thieves or were corrupted by the ex. Being alone isn't so bad. When we finally kick the bucket no one will be terribly hurt by it. There is some solace in that.