What's new

Feminizing! Is it becoming mainstream to stop copying?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Get the seeds you want now and start reading up on breeding...this seed shit it getting so old. Sometimes I'm so tired and disqusted by the whole industry I don't even want to smoke weed. Not kidding...I've learned to take IC breaks when I get that way....all the bickering and childish shit that comes out makes me care less and less. When you take an aspect of MJ and put it on a global scale...it just looks ugly sometimes. Too much shit revolving around the breeding money game. Breed your own and get good at it.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Anyone can taste smell and see a female a lot of hard work goes into finding the right male.
To remove the option for the user to have a look at the male line will eliminate the ability to reproduce and steal from that line.

I'm thinking of Arjan, Derry et al when i say this, the strategy I see them using is saving themselves time and hard work in actually finding those males. They don't care about the plant only what it can do for them money-wise.
To steal and reproduce a seedline well enough to sell on all you need is a silver coin and a battery or a Sensi seeds male and a few months to do some BXing (apparently) so I don't see how they're eliminating theft in that way.

I do agree that they want to limit our choice and make us think their crap lines are the best available but only so that they can continue to save money by not improving their lines. Pure laziness. That's the strategy right there, make money by not improving their lines, the illusion of progress-they can say old lines femmed is a new product but in reality very little work has gone into it.

I think it's a lot of it is due to the influx of new growers who don't get the whole male thing. I like males (plants that is) been trying to upload a pic of a hermie boy all day but upload aint working lol oops rambled a bit there :xmasnut:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To add : 'making' feminized seeds and 'breeding' plants (regular or feminized) isnt anywhere near the same thing. Even an idiot could make feminized seeds with the right clone ,, and the wrong spray bottle!

The proof is in the pudding,,, we wonder how many feminized seed lines will win the cups that support their sales in future,, or if the "breeders" will still submit regular clone samples ?

Peace n good will (even to the fem. seed makers). :xmasnut:

n.b. if yo wanna keep updated on the future of plant and animal genetics,, then google search these words :

' Codex Alimentarius '

johnnyla

Veteran
who runs these cups anyways? isn't high times cannabis cup run by greenhouse? funny how they alwasy win too, eh?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a 'seed industry'. This isn't necessarily a bad thing however,, since the industry promotes and helps normalise cannabis use all over the westernized (euro-centric) world :canabis:

So we've all watched this industry bloom,, then unfold,, and more recently invert genetically. Ultimately current trends in mainstream "breeders" producing feminized seeds will not effect members of the cannabis community that hold no interest in feminized seeds ,, period! (collectively we now hold way more seed stocks than the "breeders" ever will do). That's all positive :yes:

On the negative side, :no: , a new generation of growers will/are growing-up not knowing what a male plant looks like,, (just maybe the occasional herm) !!!!!!! , which when growing ya own ganja ,, is half the equation. Male plants!

Alas,, far from the bastardisation of many a clone (that could be as easily cut and shared),, then such incestuous behaviour needs to stop... lol It's totally unnatural!!!