What's new

feminised making more feminised

reaperz

what happens when you make feminised seeds from a plant that was a feminised seed

feminised seed>mature female plant overflowered(used to polinated a feminised plant>feminised seeds

would there be any negetive impacts from this?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Not too sure about that, but i was wondering..... What if you stressed,(collidial silver,sts, overflower etc..one of those) a female and got the female pollen which would then produce 100% female seeds. Then took that pollen and the pollen of a male plant of another strain and lets say you whipped up a batch of 25% male pollen and 75% feminised pollen and put it onto the selected female. Now my question is.. would the f1's of that cross......(A) have a 75% female to 25% male turnout (and would their offspring also and so on)? and (B) turn out to be 75% of the original females strain traits and 25% of the males strain traits?not a breeder, just wonderin.......

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Not 100% myself but will soon find out! My next grow will be 2 x Grapefruits from FemaleSeeds, one of my favourite strains but 1) ive only got a few seeds left and 2) Grapefruit is pretty much impossible to get because FMS sold out of them and wont have any in stock for several months it seems. But i think it'd be nice to make my own from them anyway so that I'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.

I'll induce one to create pollen using colloidal silver, then use that to pollenate the other plant.

I think (just a guess) that it may be a bad idea to only use one plant (ie. induce pollen on it and then use that to pollenate itself, as opposed to pollenating a 2nd plant), because that's basically incest and that might be just asking for hermies, so I'm thinking it'd be safer to use 2 plants, as that's more like nature. But having said that, if you just had a clone-only strain and only one plant of it then at least you still have self-pollenation as an option.

I'll be using colloidal silver to force pollenation, see the link in my signature if you want to create your own CS generator :)

Last edited:

reaperz

yes use two plant otherwise your just itching to have hermi's when you grow th eplant out

i wonder if you grew two plants(both clones of the same plant) hermied one and pollinated the other(same genes) would it still have hermi traits in the seeds.

female seeds being used to make more female seeds? anyone...

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
i wonder if you grew two plants(both clones of the same plant) hermied one and pollinated the other(same genes) would it still have hermi traits in the seeds.
Because clones are genetically identical my guess is that it wouldn't be any different to self-pollenating the one plant with its own pollen

btw I have changed my mind - i've only got 3 x GN Collection C99 beans (feminised) left, so I'll use two of those to create feminised beans. So it'll still be feminised beans from feminised beans ... I'll do Grapefruit afterwards, and also I want to make some Apollo 11 and Sour Diesel femmes too but theyre from normal beans. Will probably take the rest of the year to do ...

Last edited:

reaperz

thanks for the experiment then you can note the difference in vigour and...seem to be making alot of seeds lol

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey guys. i gotta a question.

i have a 1 blubonic seed that made it out of 6, if it turns male, i would like to pollinate one of my feminzed FS ice cuttings. In a few weeks.

i also have 2 bogglegum as well, if turned male i would do the same

these where just a few strains i wish to try, and looks like there are no seed or f1 crosses out there for purchase. even if i could purchase them, i'd like to experiment more. Or if i didnt like the females produced, i would hopefully have a chance to get some of its recessive traits from the seeds.

what are the risks of pollinating a feminized plant? Are there risks? Will the seeds be feminized?

thank you all, & B-safe.

Last edited:

reaperz

pollinating a feminised plant with female pollen equals the 50/50 mix

if the feminised plant isnt prone to hermi'ing i dont see why it wouldnt be normal

gmanwho

Veteran
reaperz said:
pollinating a feminised plant with female pollen equals the 50/50 mix

if the feminised plant isnt prone to hermi'ing i dont see why it wouldnt be normal

What if the pollen came from a male plant?

B-safe

Rgd

Veteran
if the feminised plant isnt prone to hermi'ing i dont see why it wouldnt be normal[/QUOTE]

This is true!