What's new

Female Traits

getsome5o

best i could do
picture.php

S

scotianmeds

Yeah bro, there are no pre-flowers yet, lol... But being a fellow canna coco gardener, it seems as though some of your coco is hella dry. Coco has to be treated like hydro and soil-less at the minimum or you Will run into problems later on. How are you feedinging them, were those drip lines, I seen, maybe not???

I would just try and find a bit a patients though or weeks 6+ of flowering is gonna be hell while you wait the last few weeks for things to mature.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I think I've seen him post that Patience bottle before . . . lol

That photo you posted is great, but definitely no pre-flowers. How old are your plants? How many nodes total?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Ok, not bad - at a month I have between 8 and 12 nodes with enough material for at least 8 clones, but I usually don't clone em.

Have you counted the nodes or was 5 an estimate, orr?

It doesn't look like you have any side shoots, which is kinda weird for a 1 month old plant, how much light are they under? How far away?

What strain is it?

They look healthy :)

getsome5o

ya that was an estimate. just counted 8. one of them had a side shoot i thought it was weird too. 18/6 under fluorescents about 8-12 inches away. strain is rascal ogs.

S

scotianmeds

U should try and move your plants closer to the light source, especially if using Fluoro's. You should be able to get them within 2 inches or so.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
ya that was an estimate. just counted 8. one of them had a side shoot i thought it was weird too. 18/6 under fluorescents about 8-12 inches away. strain is rascal ogs.

Hmm. If you don't have temp issues maybe you could try getting closer? I keep my 400 watt MH about 1-3" from the glass, so about 6" from the bulb.

But I'd rather have healthy plants than anything else. Either way looking good, you should be able to sex em soon enough :)

getsome5o

this is the other one....female??? side by side this one is so much fuller more leaves and this one has the hair...? what you guys think?
picture.php

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
The preflowers are very primordial, I'd wait a bit more. But to make an assumption, I'd say the 1st pic looks male, and the 2nd female due to the calyx-shaped preflower. The hairs have not formed yet on such a primordial preflower, they should soon enough - within the next node or 2.

Your plants look nice and healthy, hope you see many fems... :rasta:

Peace

getsome5o

thanks everyone i really appriciate any info and help. i have only grown from clones and seeds are a bit new as far as seeing male and female. Thanks again!