What's new

Felony possesion of a firearm, Having weapons at your grow house

GreenGeek

Owning any fully auto is just plain stupid regardless. To license it you give the ATF full permission to conduct any surprize search of your property at any time.

This is not true, if you are a class III dealer or manufacturer of Class III items, only then can they search your place of business, or residence if you run it out of your garage.

But, if you own Class III NFA items, they cannot come into your home to inspect or search your residence.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
It is only a problem if you have a firearm during the commission of a Felony...no Felony, no charge--
I personally don't keep them (ex-felon)...and wouldn't even if I legally could--:2cents:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
It is only a problem if you have a firearm during the commission of a Felony...no Felony, no charge--
I personally don't keep them (ex-felon)...and wouldn't even if I legally could--:2cents:

Great point...

It stands to reason that if you have a firearm in your possession and are on the Misdemeanor/Felony Cusp, they're gonna try for that felony.

(Drug manufacturing, rather than Minor Misdemeanor cultivation in the decrim states.)

79towncar

I don't see why anybody wouldn't own a firearm if they can.. If you have a medical card and also live in a state which allows a firearm I say go for it.. If something ever does happen, like a robbery or home invasion, if the person has a weapon I bet it's gonna be a gun.. So you should always have a firearm to protect yourself or your family.. But if you are growing illegally I think the worst thing you can do is be caught growing and having a gun.. It's a tough call.. Because I know there are a ton of very nice people who grow illegally and it's a shame they can't have a gun around in the event of a robbery..

So in conclusion if you are a legal med patient and a legal gun owner I think it's fine.. If your an illegal grower I don't think it's smart...

O

onecuriousmonk

Airguns are great for target practice and even small game hunting if it's one of the more powerful models. Less power than you'd get from even a rimfire, but doesn't require permits and most places don't consider them "firearms".

This is a good blog - http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/

(Here in Canada, though, if it shoots faster than 500fps it's in the same legal category as a rifle or shotgun. Goofy, IMO.)

GreenGeek

I don't see why anybody wouldn't own a firearm if they can.. If you have a medical card and also live in a state which allows a firearm I say go for it.. If something ever does happen, like a robbery or home invasion, if the person has a weapon I bet it's gonna be a gun.. So you should always have a firearm to protect yourself or your family.. But if you are growing illegally I think the worst thing you can do is be caught growing and having a gun.. It's a tough call.. Because I know there are a ton of very nice people who grow illegally and it's a shame they can't have a gun around in the event of a robbery..

So in conclusion if you are a legal med patient and a legal gun owner I think it's fine.. If your an illegal grower I don't think it's smart...

It's one of your god given rights to own a gun and be able to protect yourself and your family.

I'd rather go to prison than be killed in a home invasion robbery, hence a good reason to own a suppressor on your firearms, just in case something goes south, then follow the 3 S's, Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up! :)

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verite:

Owning any fully auto is just plain stupid regardless. To license it you give the ATF full permission to conduct any surprize search of your property at any time.

This is not true, if you are a class III dealer or manufacturer of Class III items, only then can they search your place of business, or residence if you run it out of your garage.

But, if you own Class III NFA items, they cannot come into your home to inspect or search your residence.

Not sure what sources you got but mine say otherwise.

NFA WEAPONS AND THE 4TH AMENDMENT

As to surrendering your 4th amendment (search and seizure) rights, this is definitely true when one gets a Federal Firearms License. The law allows the ATF to inspect your records and inventory once every 12 months without any cause, and at any point during the course of a bona fide criminal investigation (18 USC sec. 923(g)). They may inspect without warning during business hours. The only modification of the above pertains to the C&R FFL (type 03) where ATF must schedule the inspection, (C&R FFL holders do not have business hours) and they must have the inspection at their office nearest the C&R FFL holders premises, if the holder so requests. ATF may look around the licensed premises for other weapons not on your records. This means they take the position that if your licensed premises are your home they may search it, as part of the annual compliance inspection. The constitutionality of the warrantless "administrative search" of licensees provided for in the Gun Control Act has been upheld by the US Supreme Court, see U.S. v. Biswell, 406 U.S. 311 (1972). Biswell was partially overturned by Congress by 1986 changes to the requirements for a warrant under the GCA, but the administrative search provisions remain.
In addition, if one is also a SOT, ATF claims to have the right to enter onto your business premises, during business hours, to verify compliance with the NFA. Their regulation to that effect is found at 27 CFR sec. 179.22. The regulation is apparently based upon 26 USC sec. 7606

http://fullautofun.homestead.com/page36.html

Omerta

dogs are a better choice for personal protection. put a hole in someone same as a gun, make lots of noise and they dont look bad in a bust story that makes it into the papers....

GreenGeek

Verite,

Searches apply to Holders of Class III FFL's (Federal Firearms License) these laws do not apply to individuals who legally purchase and pay the $200 Tax Stamp for each NFA weapon, which can be a legal Full Auto weapon, Suppressor, Short Barrel Rifle, Destructive Device, or AOW (any Other weapon)

a Tax stamp is not a FFL license, plain and simple. it's merely a document with a Stamp on it, to prove you paid the Tax on the legal item. and that you cleared the ATF/FBI background check, indicating you can legally own and possess a NFA weapon. I don't see where or how you seem to think a Form 4 Tax stamp is a FFL license.

I've been down this road many times. you just don't understand the difference between a NFA Tax Stamp and a FFL.