What's new

Feeding schedule the same? 150w vs 1000w hps?

SandDog

I read somewhere that it mattered what power of lights you used and that determined your feeding schedule. Is that true?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
To a degree - Yes.

Plants under larger more intense lighting will typically require more food.

150w or fluorescent lighting I'd suggest starting low and working your way up to ensure you don't over fertilize.

To a degree - Yes.

Plants under larger more intense lighting will typically require more food.

150w or fluorescent lighting I'd suggest starting low and working your way up to ensure you don't over fertilize.

Agreed, my 600w plants def suck up more than my 200w t5.

Def more so in flower

Snype

Veteran
The PPM of the run off or rez will show you how your plants are eating. Plants with more light require more food compared to the same pheno.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
In tend to start at 1/2 of 'label' and work up from there. Some plants definitely don't need/want full strength.

I'm under 432watts of T5...... or the sun.

And YES, there is a difference.

DWC is where I'm at.

sprinkl

Veteran
I read somewhere that it mattered what power of lights you used and that determined your feeding schedule. Is that true?

The more lumen hits your plants the more photosynthesis it will do and thus need more nutrients to use.
1000 watt HPS over 1 m² should require about the same feed as 150 watt over 1/7 m²

Nish

Your right, but its better to let the water chemistry tell you if your feeding to much or not enough rather than wait for your plants to show toxicity or defiency symptoms.

You also dont have to change your water everyweek when using a ec meter, you just check ec everyday and adjust as required.

Mr Roboto

dude you have some balls on you to do that with any hydro setup using salts, I tried that when I first started out and didnt get the same results as you do.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
i don't have an EC meter either (don't know which one to buy). One thing I can assure you is that IF you push the limits.....every once in a while it'll bite back.

I do watch the Ph and change water when the PH starts to drop into the acid range. I try to catch it before the reagent shows blood red... I like a light yellow.

My water is well into the alkaline range. Mostly the nutrients take it down pretty close to the desired PH level... if not I use sulfuric acid to 'encourage' it down a bit more. Yep, just battery acid. Cheap and it works well.

Latest posts

Latest posts