• Yes!

Votes: 220 55.8%
  • No.

Votes: 127 32.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 47 11.9%

• Total voters

RESINvention

(if you're sensitive to cursewords, please ignore my post)

FUCK EBAY. I'm so sick and tired of seeing how this piece of shit greedy company is evolving.. I use to sell and buy on ebay all the time when it first came out, it was great then.. no excessive fees, it was actually worth it to list an item..

Now? fuck ebay, you piece of shit bastard company. Rips it's customer's off because they have such a big customer base, by raising fees, and back charging for missed payments, and will credit report you instantly for fucking $12, that turned to $33 late payment fee, you piece of shit company.. and now?! Now you're bending over to receive it in the ass from the Gov't.. you are just a shitty prick company with a stick up it's ass, with GREED written all over.. I'm NEVER contributing to that suck shit site ever again.. YOU WILL NEVER GET MY MONEY PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY. (sorry, had to get this off my chest.)

Stinkymutt

What has actually happend here? Is the story in the first post true or not ? And if it is , which of the ways did it happen ? I would need more info before boycotting e bay .
peace
mutt

Snype

Veteran
Good luck with your boycott guys. I don't think they'll miss you at all. As for me I will continue to sell my exclusive Nikes on the bay and weed needs to be kept illegal. I also don't believe the story.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I hear if this Meg Whitman gets elected she will undo all the cannabis laws we've passed in California and turn us back into Conservativeland...
More delusional bull-sh*t.

Assuming that Whitman is, in fact, elected to the office of US Senator from the state of California, her influence on California politics is about 'nill' - if that.

Running around waving flags in the air about the 'gubmint' restricting one's right to MMJ is delusional but definitely in keeping with individuals (on the board for example) is an indication that the individuals creating this silliness have little, if any, understanding of how the 'gubmint' works.

Beyond silly and probably stupid.

CC

ColBatGuano

Assuming that Whitman is, in fact, elected to the office of US Senator from the state of California, her influence on California politics is about 'nill' - if that.

CC, she's running for governor to succeed Schwarzenegger, not senator. But, she couldn't unilaterally overturn a citizens initiative like Prop 215 anyhow, so everything else you said still applies.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Hell, I've come close to heading up your way for some time now. I fell in love with Astoria a few years ago. It reminds me of my hometown in Maine.
I/we have a home just south of Astoria - the place that we hope to live when we retire.

Crabbing on the North Oregon Coast is a real pleasure indeed! You'll love the PNW, IMHO

Peace

CC

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont think the feds will stand their ground on this. there would be an uproar with civil rights lawyers, and all.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I dont think the feds will stand their ground on this. there would be an uproar with civil rights lawyers, and all.
There is 'no there' there. This thread is simply another 'da gubmint is beatin' me down' thread and nothing more.

It never happened. Go to eBay.com and buy all the bull-sh*t copies of HT magazine that you want to.

There will be no 'gubmint' agents at your door in the morning - unless you buy into this gibberish.

Your call.

HTH

CC

JWP

Slow down people.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I see high times all over ebay.<o:p></o:p>
Which leaves me wondering; Why this guy? Why now?<o:p></o:p>
Maybe one of the issues he was selling had information in it that the overlords don’t want spread.<o:p></o:p>
First we should find out exactly which issues were pulled and then give them a really good going over. ;)<o:p></o:p>

jd4083

Veteran
Boy...I could sit here for an hour and write off complaints about ebay from when I owned an online business a few years back and decided to try to branch out by opening an ebay store. I never even used the store once, never uploaded a photo or listed an item, or even changed the name to my store's name! And yet a month later I have a $199.99 invoice from ebay in my inbox...searched about an hour for an actual US phone number to call...finally found it, called, was hung up on and 30 minutes later the page with the number hidden way back in the annals of ebay's website was deleted. They are a SHADY company with business practices that would have any other non-monolithic corporate entity facing charges....

I used paypal from the week it started up until about a year ago...thousands of transactions from business to personal ebay stuff......all I can say is ... Don't give those sheisty fucks yer business......don't say I didn't warn ya...

Still, the whole "boycott anything that moves" bandwagon is getting really, really old guys.

jonnybgod

Boy...I could sit here for an hour and write off complaints about ebay They are a SHADY company with business practices that would have any other non-monolithic corporate entity facing charges....
And don't forget, Meg Whitman is just as shady.

mtbazz

ebay and paypal are both very shady.

While ebay makes it convienient to buy/sell, as a seller I found I never really made that much due to all of the fees.

Paypal is even shadier, and I refuse to use that service any longer. It is VERY easy to get scammed by paypal. A few months ago I sold my first gen iphone to someone who was in india.

He paid via paypal, and than about 6 weeks later claimed it was a fraudulent transaction. Even though I supplied paypal with many emails from this guy that indicated he was buying the phone, they eventually sided with him and I had to pony up $300.00 or get it reported on my credit record.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just an observation...
I don't know if I believe the story to start with..not as reported anyway.
I also don't care much for ebay or paypal. I don't do business with ebay, but paypal has some very questionable practices.
If the feds mandated a book ban, there is no need for discussion, as it will eventually be rectified in the courts.

But let me add this...in my humble opinion, had this story popped up two years ago, these posts would be FULL of George Bush. I would bet my eye teeth that the majority of posters in this thread would make a GW comment. Yet, I hear very little to nothing about Obama orchestrating this fiasco.

Hmmm....

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that stopped anyone from throwing the accusations at the bush admin for any and everything that was connected to the feds. The pres is the feds, yes? Or, no?
Or perhaps it depends on who's side you root for?

M

minchi-bongo

week ago i was looking on ebay for high times and i didnt find non at all . no high times at all every one issue was removed . very strange . im buyng HT on ebay from few years regulary . i dont know what they up to but they up to something