What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FDA: No to Medical Marijuana, Yes to “Super-Vicodin”

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting how the information is slanted - apparently the lame stream media doesn't have a lock on that one. Acetaminophen included in opiates that are used for long-term pain abatement kills your liver - the acetaminophen is more dangerous than the hydrocodone.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just for starters the last thing in the world you'd want is the FDA to include cannabis in it's approved drugs. the FDA regulates like a mofo strengths, dosages, etc...

They would need to classify & regulate it based on its THC content, high potency weed grown by us @ home would become illegal just because we can grow better/stronger weed than the feds would be making available through approved sources.

The FDA is a REGULATORY agency, be glad they're not pulling the strings yet, as cannabis goes legal state by state we're winning, as soon as the feds say "Okay, let's allow & regulate weed nationwide." we're all up Shit Creek, count on it.

Let them push their pills on fools like Rush Limbaugh.

My doctor filled a Hydromorphone prescription and a Vicodin scrip for me whenever I needed it. 60 of each per month was what he'd allow me. I renewed my meds only once a year though.

I HATED that shit, it made me physically ill (puking) an actual 90% of the time I took it. The last 2 years I filled one scrip of each during the year, end of each year I flushed 30-40 tablets of each med due to age (in April 2012 & 2013). This past April I didn't ask him to renew my pain pills.

I've relied on cannabis exclusively.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Ive lost a few close people to me from Opiate Based Pain Killers...

Opana...Oxy...and of course they all started on norcos but jumped ship when they couldn't handle all of that tyenol and moved up to the pure stuff....

Prescription Pills are the number 1 cause of death in the US and of the $340 Billion dollar a year drug industry produces each year... $300 Billion is from Pills given to you by your doctor.. what a joke...

Any chance this announcement of US staying in Afghanistan for an extra 20 years has something to do with the Drug companies feeling much safer about their products...

B4 The War there was only 10mg Vics... The hardcore killer shit came after we had control of all the dope.....

Cannabis is the only way ... fuck all the crooked DR's and especially that Evil Greedy Rodent Lisa Tsang .. Pill Pushing DR Queen from SoCal who has been responsible for so many deaths ..

floralheart

Veteran
Why is it that 10 year olds can figure the flawed logic in this stuff...

But the majority of the adults in this country seem to just go along with everything that happens? WTF?

Whatever... Colorado has already begun to heal itself. The rest of the nation will slowly follow.

Thanks for posting this.... just unbelievable.

Keep it Clean! :D

Poisoned food, air and water. Bad information since birth. Weak families, destroyed by royal families and other people in costumes. That sort of thing.

Sorry, it's the sodium pentothol in my air.

devilgoob

Veteran
OMG I TOTALLY GET THEIR LOGIC.

I get it..as much as I get someone naming their child "Chauncey."

Seriously, they sell pure THC marinol that causes panic attacks because it's unmodulated THC activity on the receptor sites? LOL. Cannabis, the drug? Hmm. Like Barley is!

They also sell the most weird and addictive things. It's like a bunch of experiments where most of them work by placebo. And placebo does work, that's the scary thing.

I understand this isn't a moral issue. They bring up "pot" at any meeting and it's funny, while sipping their wine!

(Wine has alcohol. Hence they make decisions about pot, while on it!)

WHILE SIPPING THEIR WINE!

plato

I could go for some of these...too bad I won't detox to pass the docs drug tests any more.
Its for the best i suppose. Them pills are scary took me a good 3 months to have any kind of endorphin function return, after all that time on opiates. And I wasn't even on the strong shit.
Weed and a chiropractor work wonders for pain, though the dope allows increased functionality, since you don't realize you're tearing your shit up as you do extra shit you would be in too much pain to otherwise do
Maybe thats it... let the injured tear themselves to pieces while they are being " treated". Thats good population control. After a couple years of pin pills, the chiropractor took an xray and showed my spine had a kink in it that was close to snapping

fungzyme

Let's see, so the same company that sells an opiate antagonist to treat opiate addiction now makes a new high-dose opiate with no acetaminophen and with nothing in it to make it even slightly harder to abuse?

No conflict of interest to see here, folks. Move along...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I was never able to afford those super potent Opiates. They cost a lot even with insurance. I stayed with the Gold standard Morphine. If your doc does the calculation right Morphine will work just as good as any other.

I don't know why this post was voted down, the information is correct. There may be differences in half-life within the body, and thus how much "Staying power" the particular opiate has, but beyond that it males no difference as they are all converted into morphine in your body, whether its vicodin or street brown/tar/#4.

floralheart

Veteran
OMG I TOTALLY GET THEIR LOGIC.

I get it..as much as I get someone naming their child "Chauncey."

Seriously, they sell pure THC marinol that causes panic attacks because it's unmodulated THC activity on the receptor sites? LOL. Cannabis, the drug? Hmm. Like Barley is!

They also sell the most weird and addictive things. It's like a bunch of experiments where most of them work by placebo. And placebo does work, that's the scary thing.

I understand this isn't a moral issue. They bring up "pot" at any meeting and it's funny, while sipping their wine!

(Wine has alcohol. Hence they make decisions about pot, while on it!)

WHILE SIPPING THEIR WINE!

Funny story. Well, not the kind that makes one laugh.

A family friend was, well, is dying of cancer. He REFUSES to use marijuana, due to Marinol. The freak out was so bad, he just can't get near marijuana ever again. And as I remember it, he was a smoker years ago.

It ruined the shot at rick simpson oil for him when it went state legal here.

sprinkl

Veteran
http://www.rxlist.com/zohydro-er-drug.htm

Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression may occur with use of Zohydro ER. Monitor for respiratory depression, especially during initiation of Zohydro ER or following a dose increase. Instruct patients to swallow Zohydro ER capsules whole; crushing, chewing, or dissolving Zohydro ER capsules can cause rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of hydrocodone [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].

Accidental consumption of even one dose of Zohydro ER, especially by children, can result in a fatal overdose of hydrocodone [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].

Total facepalm.

Medical science is good for a few things like acute surgeries. But eating pills to cover up symptoms by messing with the chemical balance in your brain, without taking away the cause is just STOOPID. When will people figure out.

http://www.rxlist.com/zohydro-er-drug.htm

Total facepalm.

Medical science is good for a few things like acute surgeries. But eating pills to cover up symptoms by messing with the chemical balance in your brain, without taking away the cause is just STOOPID. When will people figure out.
There is no money in taking away the cause, if they cure you they loose a life long customer. The biggest thing standing in the way of real medical advancement is greed.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Hydrocodone without acetaminophen is a great idea for people like me who've had 3 kinds of hep. I've got to watch how much Norco I take because of the Acet. in the pills. I use it for a bad bad back problem. Along with cannabudder. I don't like a pill I have to take not to get sick. I get 40mg of hydro a day for my damn back and some days I can't get up off my heating pad and recliner without it. Cannabis helps with the amount of pills I do but only helps not replace. This reminds me I've need to get up and make me my buddered rice crispy treats today.

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydrocodone without acetaminophen is a great idea for people like me who've had 3 kinds of hep. I've got to watch how much Norco I take because of the Acet. in the pills. I use it for a bad bad back problem. Along with cannabudder. I don't like a pill I have to take not to get sick. I get 40mg of hydro a day for my damn back and some days I can't get up off my heating pad and recliner without it. Cannabis helps with the amount of pills I do but only helps not replace. This reminds me I've need to get up and make me my buddered rice crispy treats today.

Totally agree, Hank. The people who can use mmj exclusively for pain relief are very fortunate. I take morphine with Norco for breakthrough, along with various canna preps. I've never found any version of cannabis that worked as well and left me somewhat functional.

bigAl25

Veteran
Dear FDA, Fuck you, medical marijuana, or marijuana had no business being a schedule 1 drug. You and the government that put it there and keeps it there are the biggest flaming dumb asses on the face of the earth. Hell in the entire universe.
Peace and respect to all farmers not matter how small our garden is.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
http://www.zogenix.com/content/products/zohydro.htm

Zohydro™ ER (hydrocodone bitartrate)
Extended-Release Capsules

INDICATION
Zohydro™ ER is an opioid agonist, extended-release, oral formulation of hydrocodone bitartrate indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.

LIMITATIONS OF USE
Because of the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse with opioids, even at recommended doses, and because of the greater risks of overdose and death with extended-release opioid formulations, reserve Zohydro ER for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options (e.g., non-opioid analgesics or immediate-release opioids) are ineffective, not tolerated, or would be otherwise inadequate to provide sufficient management of pain.

Zohydro ER is not indicated for use as an as-needed analgesic.

Please click here to see the Zohydro ER professional product labeling for the complete boxed warning and safety information.

WARNING: ADDICTION, ABUSE AND MISUSE; LIFE-THREATENING RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION; ACCIDENTAL EXPOSURE; NEONATAL OPIOID WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME; and INTERACTION WITH ALCOHOL

Zohydro ER exposes users to risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse, which can lead to overdose and death. Assess each patient’s risk before prescribing, and monitor regularly for development of these behaviors or conditions.

Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression may occur. Monitor closely, especially upon initiation or following a dose increase. Instruct patients to swallow Zohydro ER whole to avoid exposure to a potentially fatal dose of hydrocodone.

Accidental consumption of Zohydro ER, especially in children, can result in fatal overdose of hydrocodone.

For patients who require opioid therapy while pregnant, be aware that infants may require treatment for neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome. Prolonged use during pregnancy can result in life-threatening neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome.

Instruct patients not to consume alcohol or any products containing alcohol while taking Zohydro ER because co-ingestion can result in fatal plasma hydrocodone levels.

HOW ON EARTH CAN THIS BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.zogenix.com/content/products/zohydro.htm

Zohydro™ ER (hydrocodone bitartrate)
Extended-Release Capsules

INDICATION
Zohydro™ ER is an opioid agonist, extended-release, oral formulation of hydrocodone bitartrate indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.

HOW ON EARTH CAN THIS BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that you are missing the point. If you look at any medication targeted for this usage (Kadian, Avinza, etc, etc) you will find all of the same warnings and side effects. This is not for a passing problem - it is for long term, intractable pain. The use of standard hydrocodone preparations that contain acetaminophen will destroy the patient's liver when used at the levels and frequency required for pain abatement.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/11/20/20081120spt-bickley.html

Got his face smashed apart in 2008

"He has declined all forms of pity, all forms of painkillers"

Humans have evolved for 1000's of years without Synthesized Morphine....

anyone heard of Krokodil?

The English used Opium to control the masses in China... Opium Wars...

If you have to live off of Painkillers and you grow herb... time to find some real genetics... Some real Deal Hash should blow opiates out the water

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have to live off of Painkillers and you grow herb... time to find some real genetics... Some real Deal Hash should blow opiates out the water

I think that you are fortunate in lacking a foundation for understanding. The problem is not necessarily in finding something that will mask the pain - the problem is trying to maintain any quality of life and functionality while doing so. Opiates, properly titrated, are amazingly effective and still leave you fully functional. Any version of cannabis that I've ever tried that was effective at controlling these levels of pain left me drooling on the couch.