What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fccking lie blumats JUST USE 1/4' air line

G

greenmatter

None of you guys have had any problems with the barbed fittings seeping where they are poked into the distribution tubing? I've been reluctant to go that direction because that just looks like it could be a problem area. I know that all of the outdoor drip systems use that system, but a little seepage from the fittings wouldn't be a problem outside.

i used the 1/8" fitting from kent systems (30 cents each) and a punch from home depot ( for drip systems. $3)

i tested all 30 barbs that i had before i put the system together and had ZERO leaks, drips or seeps. then i took my test hose apart and reused the barbs in the system, 28 barbs and again ZERO leaks.

i you do have a leak from a barb a standard "goof plug" would fix it (they are bigger) and you can reinstall the barb an inch further up or down the line

I DON"T KNOW IF THESE WOULD WORK WITH THE PRESSURE REGULATOR !!!!!!!! 1 BAR MIGHT BE ENOUGH TO POP THE BARBS OUT !!!! DON"T KNOW!!!!

gurnt

There 2 grows one will use the membrane with 9k of lights in racks ,Coco, Gal pots.
On the one I am doing I am planing to use the cones one as back up if the pumps stop in lava .
I was told I had to use there Blumat shut off valve and there $9.75 ea. .we just got 1/4 drip line 10 for $6.25 and they work .

G

greenmatter

There 2 grows one will use the membrane with 9k of lights in racks ,Coco, Gal pots.
On the one I am doing I am planing to use the cones one as back up if the pumps stop in lava .
I was told I had to use there Blumat shut off valve and there $9.75 ea. .we just got 1/4 drip line 10 for $6.25 and they work .

so the the 9k grow will use regular blumats in 1 gallon pots of coco. right?

and the second grow you are using the blumat juniors growing in lava, but just for a back up. right?

you lost me on the last one man. you replaced the blumat shut off valve with 1/4" drip line or you replaced all the 8mm line with 1/4'' or you extended the 3mm with 1/4". 10 valves for 6.25 or 10 feet for 6.25?

i'm not trying to give you a hard time man. i just don't think i am understanding what it is that you are doing.

gurnt

greenmatter
Right Right.
On the last I am trying to get away from the 3mm line as fast as I CAN the air line is softer
the black 1/4 " DRIP LINE IS HARDER So by using 1" of 1/4 air line at the 3mm won't mess it up there a pic in my ex alum that show it just cant pull it up last rack 014

G

greenmatter

from what i have read in the blumat thread the blumat jr's are not really effective for what we are doing with them, and i don't know if any blumats are going to work in lava rock. anything is worth a try though. good luck!

found the pic you are talking about but its so fuzzy i'm still not really sure what you are trying to do. are you extending the 3mm line with the 1/4'' before or after the blumat?

T

The Sensi Rebel

I have Blumat Jrs..what size line do i need to hook that up to a res?

..what are the supplies Ill need to make a resivoir kit?

G

greenmatter

blumat jr's are not made to be hooked to a res. you drop the attached line in water and it is suppose draw the water into/through the cone to feed the plant

the blumat thread is long but it is well worth the read if you are serious about using them:2cents:

gurnt

What I done with myBlumat Jr's that you can get for <$2.00 on e bay.New Automatic Plant Waterer Houseplant Hydrospike Spikes Automatische
3#mm line tied to 1" of 1/4 air line 1/4" black , TEE 1/4" line with 8 Jr,s tie to a 2 gal tub with a cooler float ($3.00 from HD) to keep full I an useing this as a back up.

ON the LAVA ROCK I made a pocket of vermiculite it seam to work No water on the 1 gallon pots for About 30 hr then the Blumat Jr's start to pull water put food color in tubso I could see

Latest posts

Latest posts