What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite Tent or Box Design?

greenfox

Max space I have is 4x4x7 (width x length x height)

Favorite tents? What about boxes? I'm down to buy some wood and put something together if I can get some good inspiration, tents just seem too easy and affordable to pass up!

**EDIT**
Wife axed the 4x4x7 tent so this thread is what I'm after at the moment: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348066

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your not in a permanent or semi permanent location a tent would be a good investment, imo.
Gorilla tents are the best & most expensive.
Secret Jardin tents are good as well. Not as robust or pricey as the Gorillas.

Permanance means build.
It's much more affordable.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...my Secret Jardin 4x4x7 DR120 has been going pretty much non-stop for 7+ years now and you can still find them for approx. $200.00 if you shop around.

...takes me about 20 minutes to get it up and running by myself.

picture.php

picture.php

peace, bozo

greenfox

If your not in a permanent or semi permanent location a tent would be a good investment, imo.
Gorilla tents are the best & most expensive.
Secret Jardin tents are good as well. Not as robust or pricey as the Gorillas.

Permanance means build.
It's much more affordable.

I'm in a semi permanent situation (I own the house). That being said, know of any simple box builds?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in a semi permanent situation (I own the house). That being said, know of any simple box builds?

How cheap n how permanent?

That box above looks good but I'm questioning how it looks once the fans start pulling neg pressure on it.
If you're on a budget do something similar.

If funds aren't an issue, use plywood to build solid, robust walls inside of a bit of 2x4 framing.
Paint the walls with the most reflective light dispersing paint you can find. (Titanium white is what I'm told works best).
Insert vent holes where needed. Ensurre that they, as well as any joints are light tight. -Sit in the darkened room for 10-15 minutes constantly looking around & paying particular attention to any flashes seen in your peripheral vision.

Finish the exterior however you see fit.

greenfox

How cheap n how permanent?

That box above looks good but I'm questioning how it looks once the fans start pulling neg pressure on it.
If you're on a budget do something similar.

If funds aren't an issue, use plywood to build solid, robust walls inside of a bit of 2x4 framing.
Paint the walls with the most reflective light dispersing paint you can find. (Titanium white is what I'm told works best).
Insert vent holes where needed. Ensurre that they, as well as any joints are light tight. -Sit in the darkened room for 10-15 minutes constantly looking around & paying particular attention to any flashes seen in your peripheral vision.

Finish the exterior however you see fit.

You've got my neurons firing!
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Latest posts