What's new

Favorite non plant related pictures

KarmasWheele

Veteran
I like almost anything by ansel adams
I also like the romantic themed black and whites using children dressed in 1920's high society outfits

these are a few of my more recent fav's
artist unkown on all of them

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

Mitch Connor

apodgemini1.jpg

The Universe is very large and possibly infinite in volume; the observable matter is spread over a space at least 92 billion light years across.

For comparison, the diameter of a typical galaxy is only 30,000 light-years, and the typical distance between two neighboring galaxies is only 3 million light-years. As an example, our Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years in diameter, and our nearest sister galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, is located roughly 2.5 million light years away.

There are probably more than 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Typical galaxies range from dwarfs with as few as ten million stars up to giants with one trillion stars, all orbiting the galaxy's center of mass.

When I try and imagine the size of the universe, my mind only goes so far before I have neuropathic sensory overloads and return to my own self-conscience... Really, we're all just complex assortments of varying protons/electrons/neutrons that were once parts of stars.

rastaidd

Member yeahyeah!
Veteran
ehi karma,
I did not know you liked the picture ..
I am also passionate friend
however, very beautiful photos :yes: