What's new

Favorite Metal bands!!

D

daisy jane

Pantera is the only metal that played in this apartment. Tarkus likes to occassionally turn on some Megadeath or something. But Neil Young and Pink Floyd, although they are NOT metal, they can jam :D I love Neil Young..

G

megadeth is awesome...

how about alice in chains? jerry cantrell was totally awesome when i saw him live, i saw the recent AiC/velvet revolver tour and it was a great show...

nirvana is awesome but they aren't really metal...

SOULFLY! they rocked when i saw them live, i saw them at ozzfest years ago...

rage against the machine, anyone?

motley crue is sweet...i saw nikki sixx' other band, brides of destruction, he plays with tracii guns in that one it was pretty sweet...

does stone temple pilots count as metal? they rule, and so does velvet revolver!

of course zeppelin is the granddaddy of them all, and i like to listen to deep purple as well...

rock on :headbange:

nug

Ah I love getting ripped and have the sound of metal bounce of my brain. In no specific order King Diamond, Demons and Wizards, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Nevermore, Metallica, Pantera, Megadeath, and Judas Priest. I love Blue oyster cult but wouldnt quite classify them as metal. Not that im much for labels. Iced earth is defintely one of the most underrated metal bands ever, and recommend checking out there new album framing armageddon, not quite as good as their older stuff but still unbelievable.

kinger

Veteran
PANTERA,SLAYER,TOOL,WHITE ZOMBIE,NIN,etc I like some of the new stuff but I like mostly 90s metal.

TC84

Yea i know floyd and neil young aint metal but they were just a few names that came to my head that ive been listening to lately.......

Saw Down show a couple weeks ago and twice in 2002......Bury Me in Smoke is probably the heavyiest song ive ever seen live!! Great band, If u like Down or anything Anselmo you should look up their '95 dvd from houston bootleg, great dvd!!

I did see Jerry Cantrell when I was in LA bout 4 years ago with his kick-ass cover band the Cardboard Vampires at the Whiskey.

One of the most kick-ass days ive had was seein Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel/Static-X in Dallas on the very last Pantera tour in 2001 then goin to the Clubhouse afterwards till bout 6 in the mornin..........Crazy day and night!! :sasmokin:

G

I expected more mentions of Manowar after all they did "The Gods Made Heavy Metal" and you gotta love the animal hide outfits HeHeHe ... on a real note ... Heavy Metal began with Black Sabbath and ended when Ozzy got the boot. Before y'all throw me in the pit ... There are heavy bands that deserve mention ... Armored Saint, Pre Bruce Maiden early Scorpions, DP/Rainbow, AC/DC, that 1 song off of Motley Crue's first album (Live Wire?), Venom, Mercyful Fate/KingDiamond, Slayer, Pantera, SOD/Anthrax/Nuclear Assault, Misfits/Samhain/Danzig, Testament, Annihilator, Tool, Ministry, Savatage, and of course Suicidal Tendencies ... some newer that come to mind Godsmack, SOAD, Slipknot ... but I don't get out much ... got any suggestions ?

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
anthrax
sick of it all
agnostic front
guerilla bisquits

...as metal as i get

exploited

masterlow37

Veteran
Metal Bands

Metal Bands

I love from Sabbath/Zepplin all the way up to AC/DC & Pantera !

Back in 91 or 92' i saw Alice in Chains/Megadeath/Anthrax/Suicidal Tendencies & Slayer all in 1 show !

But i just don't dig the newest rock/metal on the radio, hell they don't even have a guitar solo, but if i had to choose from bands thats come out in the last ten years, i say:

Tool (even tho 1st album was in 93')

Creed :badday:

Foo Fighters (haven't ever owned 1 of there albums, but like there upbeat soun)

eucaryote

Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, and Satyricon. I'm really sad that the whole black metal scene has gone the way of Opeth being "good", Opeth used to be nothing more than the Backstreet Boys of black metal.

edited to include: Sonica Arctica

masterlow37

Veteran
A Few More

A Few More

WeedWrapperMan said:
Motley Crue's first album (Live Wire
Thats my favorite Crue album ! ... (Public Enemy#1 !!!)
Also like Ratt's 1st album !!

Stealer (w/Malmsteen & also w/Via)
Nitro (Jim Jillette & Michael Angelo !)
Mother Love Bone (Pre Pearl Jam, w/Andrew Wood) not really metal
Death Angel
Queensrythe
Irom Maiden
King Diamond
W.A.S.P.

HotCha

Deathclock.

Sabbath, Testament, Iron Maiden, Slayer (fukin' A Slayer), Megadeath.

Saw Five Finger Death Punch the other night, they were pretty brutal.

Rastanfisk

Dimmu Borgir

:wallbash: :headbange

But not to be a ´nn ass, my friend´s
SIC

http://www.myspace.com/sicsix6

shows

21 jan 2008 20:00
The Queen Charlotte Norwich

23 jan 2008 20:00
Rockers Glasgow, Scotland

24 jan 2008 20:00
Bannerman’s Edinburgh, Scotland

25 jan 2008 20:00
Monty’s Dunfermline, Scotland

26 jan 2008 20:00
The Moorings Aberdeen, Scotland

27 jan 2008 20:00
Westport Bar Dundee, Scotland

28 jan 2008 20:00
Head Of Steam Newcastle

29 jan 2008 20:00
The Borough Sunderland

SIC was formed in 2002 by guitar player Eddie Jacobsen. In 2003 singer Mikkjal G. Hansen joined the band and things were on a role. In February 2005 Eddie and Mikkjal joined forces with Magnus, Frans and Gudmar and SIC really began to take shape.

SIC remained focused on what their music should sound like and were constantly writing and rearranging songs in anticipation for their debut album Pandemonium.

SIC hooked up Producer Tommy Hansen from Jailhouse Studios, Denmark, and in September 2006 SIC began recording Pandemonium. It took 15 days.

The album was released February 26th 2007 and was embraced by the people as well as the media. All over the world SIC received breathtaking reviews - the thrash band from tiny Faroe Islands had gained recognition throughout the world! Webzines from countries such as Peru, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Greece, UK, US etc were all giving Pandemonium top marks.

And if you are near by - Just say Beer`rrr :asskick: (;

Enjoy

G

Death Angel "Bored" is on my hard drive. I have The UltraViolence around here somewhere on tape too. I have to mention Exodus ... Bonded By Blood is a crazy album ...

hdn155

i dont know if these bands have been discussed yet but my favorite "stoner metal" bands are, isis and pelican... check em out if you havnt heard of them. also opeth is really really good.

AlaskaGrows

right on 3 other megadeth fans!!! i make 4. i like lots of bands though, sometimes i just like to chill with some mellower music. nothing like u guys aint already said.