What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fatty acids for apartment grower?

When I moved to the city and could no longer make my own hillbilly grade Marijuana-sativa specific animal based inputs, I realized bottled nutrient companies were far behind the Marijuana curve, to the point of uselessness. So I try giving back to the community by buying overpriced home made mom and pop products... It's all chicken bones and fruit scraps.. Useless... Maybe the organic weed movement missed the boat too.. (What are they doing with their fats.. did they barter for bones..?)

So the first obvious question is, where do you city boys get your FAs? Surely someone in urban America grows/smokes high quality cannabis?

I'm thinking if I cook a grow worth of limestone in hexanoic-producing compost bins I can divy that up into individual doses over the grow. Calcium hexanoate: C12H22CaO4. Molecular weight 116 D. More available than anything on the market.

Is hexanoic acid actually the best form of carbon for Marijuana? Asking the experts cuz I'm just some dumb hillbilly. This has always been an uneducated hillbilly assumption on my part. Does geranium extract (dimethyl pentylamine aka methylhexanamine) have any utility in the Marijuana rhizomsphere?

Desirable metabolites in Marijuana are associated with butane, ethane, and hexane. Hexanoic acid is produced by ethanoic and butanoic. These were the main ingredients affecting "terroir" in the ancient world: animal fats, milks, butters. Hexanoic (Billygoat armpit), butanoic (vomit toes) and ethanoic (pickle sweat). When weed farmers stopped farming goats (hexanoic) and cow (butyric) is when things started going downhill. The children no longer understand, and everything becomes myth. Every step in the cycle, from manure to harvest is lost on the modern generations, becomes nothing but ritual. 21st century pot growers, the cargo cult who intentionally issues bad prayers and offerings in exchange for bad cargo.

The first node of every plant I grow smells of pentyl butyrate (peach ring). An unhealthy cannabis plant smells of butanol (windex). In between lies 90% of Cannabis flavor. You can trace the metabolism of Cannabis by aroma if you know what you're smelling, or spectral output if you're a poser helping destroying society by elevating your unqualified bullshit misdirection lab analysis.

20240318_084622.jpg

Edit: Links and images added so newbs who have never seen or smelled Cannabis before, and assorted other posers who do grow, can also have a clue what the rest of us true connoisseur growers are talking about.

PS City boys need to learn to grow weed. I hate growing weed. Absolutely hate growing this fucking annoying ass plant. But I ain't smoking your nasty urban grown trap bud until it actually resembles bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Biochar + Mycos
Sit and wait.

If u do your own EWC compost, use dried leaves as a carbon source. It will be naturally available on your soil.