What's new

Fathers who grow

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All 4 of my youngins are grownups now, cept for the 19yr old still at the crib.
"Failure to launch" comes to mind...

I'm in IF Haps is in charge of the entertainment!

U

ureapwhatusow

My Pumpkin Man came home from school yesterday wanting to die. He said, "I wish I was dead." He's 7.

He was the only child in his class not to complete the PE race within the time limit. Everyone else in his class got a completion certificate to be displayed on the gym wall. Not my boy. He was ONE second too slow. He is an Aspergers child. Kids on the autism spectrum are challenged to the core on an average day. But to be discriminated against because of his disability is not only immoral but illegal.

I am pulling him out of the sub-standard babysitting compliance factoy.

My wife and I are looking into homeschooling. I will teach my child with all my heart. Teach your children well the song goes. About the code that we can live by.

Today makes 35 years since I discharged out of the Marine Corps. From working in drug/alcohol rehab and in surgery, commercial crabbing the Bering Sea, Warner Bros Music, sales of damn near everything, I at 55 with a rich diverse background in many areas I can teach my son and teach him well. I was even a meterologist in the USMC. And as a cannabis crusader, I put my ass and wallet on the line and ran for the US Senate x2. And the House once.

Always speaking out against the constant war machine and the trash it produces that's killing us. I don't cotton much for Amerika's wars on sanity.

I can't believe we actually pay people to abuse and neglect our little treasures.

My blood is boiling now. I'm gonna chill with my White Widow and plot taking over all I survey, sorta probably.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm attending an orientation for homeschooling Monday.

the biggest failure of the american school system is the homogenous teaching system that only works for a core percentage of population, somewhere around 50%.

If your learning needs fall out side those being catered for that segment of the population your eating a shit sandwich

I do not doubt that these "tough" life lessons when tempered with proper parental insight will lend to shaping of a fine young man with great capacity for compassion and relative reasoning

seriously i love the world, but fuck the norm

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
My kids will definately be home schooled. I didn't learn much of anything useful in grade school or college with the exception of chemistry and physics. What they consider "learning" is memorizing, so the people who do well don't really ever learn anything.

Now if I could find a woman who isn't consumed with trying to be the Joneses. It doesn't seem like there are any, at least not my age. 26

vdber86

I've been ghosting around these forums for some time now just soaking up the info and I haven't done much posting at all but this looks like a thread that Id like to take part in and eventually when my posts are up I'll join the group.

I have a 3 month old daughter and she is amazing. She came a bit early in my life (I'm 23) but now that she is here I wouldn't have it any other way. Having a daughter has dramatically changed my life. I went from drinking a 750ml bottle of crown every weekend to not drinking at all. Now I just enjoy my cannabis in the evening and I don't even think about booze. This has been my first year growing and it's been interesting. But I feel that I am starting to get the hang of it.

Anyhow, it's nice to find some fathers that grow. This really is a great idea for a thread.

Wilson!

the biggest failure of the american school system is the homogenous teaching system that only works for a core percentage of population, somewhere around 50%.

If your learning needs fall out side those being catered for that segment of the population your eating a shit sandwich

I do not doubt that these "tough" life lessons when tempered with proper parental insight will lend to shaping of a fine young man with great capacity for compassion and relative reasoning

seriously i love the world, but fuck the norm

Ureap,

Another issue is how heavily nannified the education system is. Primarily designed and implemented by women. As such they talk their asses off while us dudes are out the window dreaming of a case of stink finger or a titty squeese. :woohoo:

Seriously I think boys benefit much more from interactive hands on learning requiring a considerable amount of using tools, hiking, camping. Rather than a cramped room of germ hosts teasing one another all conducted by a continous rote monodrone.

I'll home school him from the slopes soon enough too. :party:

I majored in skipping school, hanging at "the hole" and "the lot". Was offered a scholorship my a judge to the USMC rather than UW. Or I could'da jus done the time for that big bag of weed in the trunk the night of tearing up a corn field in my Grand Torino. :violin:

Mist

I am with you all the way on that Wilson.. My 18 year old's principle and I had some words one day after the school threatened to take me to court, fine me and possibly put me in jail because me son had skipped so many classes. I jumped on the schools ass about it though because he got to school on time, went to his first 2 classes and then left for a couple hours and came back for his last class almost every day. I wanted to know how the hell he was just walking out of the building without being stopped. They replied that "they couldn't lock down the whole building because too many students needed to leave campus during the day". Well I thought that was the damn primary issue we were dealing with, students leaving the campus during the day!
So instead they kicked my kid out of the school district and here we are now with an 18 year old that didn't graduate. When I was in highschool in the late 70's to early 80's you couldn't just walk off the campus. There were guards, coaches, teachers and what not roaming around and they would stop your ass and find out what you were up to. At Anaheim Union High there were campus quards, high as hell fences with gates with guards. We weren't going anywhere!
Now apparently it is a violation of the childs rights to be kept in such a state of lock down so instead it is the parents responsibility to make sure the kid stays at school during the day. What the hell are the teachers and staff doing there?!

H

h^2 O

Aquaman senior is the real farmer - my pics are better but his buds are 5x better. I love my dad. :) I don't know what I'll do if he ever dies. I hope I die before my parents do because I can't handle people dying, I just move and change my # to avoid dealing with it

U

ureapwhatusow

Ureap,

Another issue is how heavily nannified the education system is. Primarily designed and implemented by women. As such they talk their asses off while us dudes are out the window dreaming of a case of stink finger or a titty squeese. :woohoo:

Seriously I think boys benefit much more from interactive hands on learning requiring a considerable amount of using tools, hiking, camping. Rather than a cramped room of germ hosts teasing one another all conducted by a continous rote monodrone.

I'll home school him from the slopes soon enough too. :party:

I majored in skipping school, hanging at "the hole" and "the lot". Was offered a scholorship my a judge to the USMC rather than UW. Or I could'da jus done the time for that big bag of weed in the trunk the night of tearing up a corn field in my Grand Torino. :violin:

right on

i was a huge educational failure as i fit the model of ADD.ADHD to a tee

i have huge issues conforming to the norm and it has proved a great challenge to find my way

thankfully there is a growing body of parents that are taking the focus off of person success and putting the focus back on to the welfare of the whole of the family unit

it starts with the head start you get as a kid

Mist

Well I guess I can/will step out of this group of fathers because MY SON IS A PIECE OF SHIT!
We just let him move to the town where his mother and I are living since he had gotten in trouble where he was living and was in jail for 7 weeks. He got timed served and said that he had learned his lesson. He and a friend had stolen some shit from JC Penny's (do they have anything worth stealing?) and he got caught.

Well he had been acting fishy for the week he had been here and last night when I got the wife's laptop back from him I looked on it and saw that he had his myspace open still and not to the page he had been showing me where he had cut off all contact with his old badnews friends. It was a whole different account that he used to use several years ago. Well I took a look at some the the friend messages on the main page and some of them sounded like he was up to something so I looked at the Mail section and HOLY SHIT!
He was basically telling everyone that he would be back to the other town soon with a "bunch or droski" to sell and how he would be "getting all his homies stoned". On one mail he even told one of his friends that "I am growing now and have the badass shit". I guess they can't do any math because he had been in jail for 7 weeks and had only been out for a week, LOL!
So basically he was just waiting around here kissing ass with his mother and I till my grow came down, which is this week, and was then going to rip us off and head back to where he had been living.
Luckily for us he is known by all his friends for being a huge liar so when we put him on the bus this week to go back where he was living they will all just think he was full of shit and lieing again. All our closest friends and even his older brother who lives here near us told us to not let him come live with us because he would be trouble, but my wife wanted to give him a chance to get his life together and now she is heart broken.
He has only been here a week and after she read all his e-mails since he got here she realized that he had been planning this shit since the first day he was here. WTF!

Needless to say, my move to a new grow location that was set for sometime in the next month or so has been suddenly moved up.

And that is all I have to say about that.

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

after they changed the format at the other site most of the groups died..i was sad to see the doobie dads go down..i'll have to check this one out...az

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aquaman senior is the real farmer - my pics are better but his buds are 5x better. I love my dad. :) I don't know what I'll do if he ever dies. I hope I die before my parents do because I can't handle people dying, I just move and change my # to avoid dealing with it

Are you really that selfish? Do you know what it does to a parent to have to bury their children?

If you love him as much as you say you'd never wish that pain upon him. Ever.

U

ureapwhatusow

so guys

what do you think

should the women who grow with kids have a thread

mothers that hoe ?

sorry couldn't resist the pun

U

ureapwhatusow

Just in case

A Hoe is an agricultural tool used to

* agitate the surface of the soil around plants, to remove weeds
* pile soil around the base of plants (hilling);
* create narrow furrows (drills) and shallow trenches for planting seeds and bulbs;
* generally dig and move soil (e.g. harvesting potatoes), and chop weeds, roots and crop residues.

keeper

i know :smoke: i was looking for the thread just now to give you a heads up :yes:
of course i could not remember who started it or where :abduct: thanks for stopping in :friends:

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Count me in..

Id rather not go into details about my family.

I hope I can pass my knowledge on to my child, mebby in their lifetime they will see this silly drug war end.

Latest posts

Latest posts