What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fastest way to become a MI resident?

A

arrg

I can't really just move there yet but would a mailbox at mailboxes etc work for now? I just need to get ready and get a license so I can apply for the MMJ program. Maybe I should find a roomate on craigslist that will rent a "room" for 10 bucks a month then I just pick up my mail?

I figure getting an address and a bank account there would be the best bet to start. I have never moved to a new state before but know that they need proof I have been there for a few months according to the DMV. I have been looking for work there in MI but work in MI,lol

Just looking at all my unused lights and pumps makes me want to get going again. I just would like to grow in a legal state otherwise the paranoia is to great. Once I get a card I would finish my move to house in the country with a picket fence and a dog.

abnorml

First thing you need is a Red Wings jersey or they won't even let you in the dmv.lol I wouldn't be in that big of a hurry right now. Its not like cali or anything yet. Its just getting started here and the police/gov't still aren't sure about honoring the law yet. People are still getting busted, caregivers and patients. Its gonna take some time for this to sink in and get run through the court system a bit.

A

arrg

well from the look of tonight's game I am not wearing any hawks gear.

abnorml

Those canucks are pretty good eh? 5-1 sucks but losing 4-3 isn't any better. Didn't realize you were from chicago, maybe you could get a job a cheli's chili bar.lol

sphinx13

i got my MI drivers license after living here for only a few months. you just need pass port social security card, out of state drivers license, and 2 documents with same address such as bank and or credit card statement to get the id.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I was thinking about flying out a few months in advance and getting a rental mail box like your talking about so I can get my card going ahead of time as I hear they are pretty backed up right now.
Sounds like a good Idea to me.

intotheunknown

Veteran
step 1-save cash
step 2-pack your crap
step 3- drive
step 4-get a hotel
step 5- get a job
the rest shall follow.
my 2cents

A

arrg

step 1-save cash
step 2-pack your crap
step 3- drive
step 4-get a hotel
step 5- get a job
the rest shall follow.
my 2cents

1 check
2 sold most of my crap
3 1.5 hours
I would rather switch 4 and 5. I have been applying and go for jobs in MI. I am going for a plumbing job interview in a few days.
I am close enough to drive to interviews otherwise I would camp in a hotel.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Shit, all you have to do is have an out of state GM job with seniority around here to get a job. More TN plates around here than you know what to do with. They gave all our local jobs to the union lifers from down south - that was nice of them...

allouez

Get an MI drivers license. Keep in mind it's probably a lot harder to get a card in MI than it is in CA for instance. Strict qualifications.

Latest posts

Latest posts