What's new

FastBuds Gorilla glue!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree, Mitch. Back crossing is the way to go/grow if a breeder, yet not attach names to it that confuse newbie growers or perturb seasoned growers that know their strains. That was my concern if not being convinced, and using same name strain....like it couldn't be "Da Glue"?!

Elvis has some nice plants and finished product, indeed.

Last edited:

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
It lools like a decent auto just Not glue...that being said it looks like a nice auto I just don't see glue in her at all.Im not professional growing or identifying Glue.im on my second run with her,but I stalked the strain for along time.why the hell did some1 name it gorilla glue auto that isn't cool. If it was crossed with glue it's only half its still not glue.out of respect for JW I could change the name

The elvis

Thank you very much for all your commits! I am a autoflower grower/tester, and im a member of another forum.. Fastbuds gave me the beans to to test so i did. I did give a description of the taste but please understand ill need to let the buds cure up some more, and im sure the flavor to change. I have tried GG#4 and no Its not the same. I suppose its in the family but its autoflower and a damn good one!!
IMO.. Mitch good to see ya !!

The Elvis!!

The elvis

This Is my room I call Graceland!! I use 2 mars reflectors 192x3 watt with a hurtilux HPS bulb in the center "open face" I use a mars 900 lamp for my side lighting. this lamp runs 12x12 the others 18 6

The elvis

photo_popup.php

photo_popup.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nothing like cashing in on others work....yeehaw....

Yup. Consensus....doesn't resemble GG, but hey, call it what you want. Only thing we disagree on, a strain name that isn't what it is.....to profit or deflect from original breeder Joesy.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should not be called gorilla glue auto. Not even close. Deceptive marketing. For people who can't get the cut will be expecting glue...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should not be called gorilla glue auto. Not even close. Deceptive marketing. For people who can't get the cut will be expecting glue...

Right-o, Tony, but evidently FB doesn't care taking the name and not truly transparent with genetics, having Elvis show the goods. Nice try, but didn't fly.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
For a small plant it sure is bushy ..glue that small isn't bushy imo nice room what size ledz you got there? I have to stake every single branch of gg4 that's how lanky she is.lanky with football buds on the top and baseballs on the bottom:biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Light? Elvis mentioned: I'm a hybrid light user and I grow with 2 mars 192x3 LED and 1 600 HPS hurtilux, and for side lighting I use a mars 900 LED. i guess its all about 2000 watts

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
It was TOLD by Skip/Admin himself in the fastbuds welcome thread that Fastbuds had agreed to NOT call the upcoming release "Gorilla Glue auto" , but yet here comes a tester with a thread showin the goods WITH the Gorilla Glue tag......Things that make yas go hmmmm......

Time will tell where the integrity of the Co. lies , but I`m not too optimistic with their track record so far.....regardless...

Nice #1 pheno in the first pics....70 days till chop from bean sprouts is pretty cool for those sized plants if they yield for shit with decent dope....just needs another name....

I look forward to seein Mephisto`s work....that said....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

lamsbread

In my opinion you can definitely improve auto quality with a cross to a photo and working it to auto, with the right selections even an auto X auto hybrid can be more than the sum of its parts.

But if you really want to lock certain traits, flavours, appearance, aroma it's going to take more than 50% of one parent, unless you're very lucky, skilled or growing in enormous numbers.

That's why we're beginning to bx a lot of our autos if not to the exact same cut then to one that shares some heritage.
Trying to make a nice og in auto form, for example, we're now at the third outcross to a photoperiod, we did triangle ogk cut X auto breeding parent worked that until auto then crossed that 'triangle auto' out to bear og photo from karma genetics.. Worked that strain to auto and out crossed it to yeti og, that will be f4 and ready for release in 2017.
The typical og aroma has come into the 3 bears og, but by the time the yeti cross is finished we really hope for a very nice representation of an ogk in auto form.
Basically that will have been some 5 years work+ by that point.

We're also working on a gorilla glue auto project, gg#4 X grape crinkle.. Also now at f2.

Cheers! And it looks nice the elvis, props to you.

Awesome news Mitch, you know howw to make us happy, Gorilla Glue crossed with Grape Crinkle sounds sublime.I can't wait to run my Grape Crinkle as soon as I have finished my Amnesia Stone99.
keep up the good work my friend, your genetics never fail to impress!
Arty Z

Latest posts

Latest posts