What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thank you rismooth. Sorry I wasn't able to do more pictures. May do a group shot of some curing jars later. Taking tonight off from trimming buds. Having a beer and enjoying the football game.
5 more days until we vote on cannabis legalization in North Dakota. I'm so anxious and ready to go to the next level of growing. So much to consider and prepare for going into spring. My poor wife just thinks I'm ignoring her. She doesn't get preparation is as if not more important than planting. Peace. MedDakotabis

SolarLogos

PreRolls go 7-12$ out here boss. Vary by mfg and strain types. "House" "named" "elite cuts" etc

Out here in CA everything is bloody expensive man. It's why we grow our own.
The dispensary where I'm at they go from $8-37 each. I walked in there once just to browse. I asked the bud-tender about sativa and he offered to sell me ice cream cake, $49/8th :rolleyes:

I don't keep up on all the fufu flavors of the day, but it was actually described as an indica, oh well. Like you said, that's why we grow.

Thank you rismooth. Sorry I wasn't able to do more pictures. May do a group shot of some curing jars later. Taking tonight off from trimming buds. Having a beer and enjoying the football game.
5 more days until we vote on cannabis legalization in North Dakota. I'm so anxious and ready to go to the next level of growing. So much to consider and prepare for going into spring. My poor wife just thinks I'm ignoring her. She doesn't get preparation is as if not more important than planting. Peace. MedDakotabis
Many prayers my friend. I did not see a limit on how many plants you can have. That would be sooooo sweet! The opposition, Inforum, really has no merit to their claims. They are relying on fear mongering, no facts to back of their baseless claims. A page right out of reefer madness. They say millions in costs (again, no facts) but neglect to mention the revenue from legal sales. Sorry to rant on your post, my bad.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Good luck Farmer!

Good luck Farmer!

Good luck in 2 days Farmer! Sending lots of prayers/meditation to N. Dakota. I want to be buying MedDakotabis stocks on the NYSE very soon my friend.
Peace, God bless

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Good Luck!!!!

Good Luck!!!!

wishing you all the luck and sending telepathic vibes farmerlion!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, SolarLogos God bless both of you!
I have been trimming all day, separating seeds and rolling fat joints. I broke out my antique cigarette machine and started rolling. I had to cut down the papers I got from Dubi about an inch to fit machine. I have 98 done so far, I will do more later. Tomorrow the 6th is our big day.
I hope to be getting my local businesses license within the next week. I will also be working on a website. I want to do a few training seminars for new growers in ND. Try to cut down on the learning curve for as many as I can. I hope to send Ace as much business as possible.
I see a large number of new growers hitting the market. This winter that is just starting will pass so quickly. There's so much to do in such a short time. I'm glad I've been preparing for a long time now. I hope to be celebrating with you all soon.
God bless, MedDakotabis

SolarLogos

How are you holding up Farmer. I was very saddened to see the response of N.D., it was almost a photo finish. Your efforts were not in vane my friend. Your courage and dedication on the front lines, as well as your compassion and service to others has deeply touched my heart, as well as many others. There is no giving up in this silly war, victory will soon be at hand. Many prayers my friend.
Peace, God bless

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
SolarLogos, I truly appreciate your kindness. I'm not sure where this leaves my efforts of growing at? My passion hasn't changed but my tactics may have to now. I came out of seclusion for a better fighting chance. It was kinda all or nothing. I'm back at work today and heart just isn't into a bleak future. To many people being left out in the cold. Trying to find the strength to reach out. I better start by kneeling and reaching up.
Peace

YukonKronic

SolarLogos, I truly appreciate your kindness. I'm not sure where this leaves my efforts of growing at? My passion hasn't changed but my tactics may have to now. I came out of seclusion for a better fighting chance. It was kinda all or nothing. I'm back at work today and heart just isn't into a bleak future. To many people being left out in the cold. Trying to find the strength to reach out. I better start by kneeling and reaching up.
Peace

You'll get there Lion don't give up! You may not have seen the outcome you hoped for but your efforts will have begun change in many people's minds and planted seeds for the future.. isn't that your Jam anyways?:biggrin:
I still find it surreal how quickly things have changed up here in Canada (lol or not changed in my case... I still don't shop for herb) and I'm confident that a zeitgeist will soon come your way and bring you the freedoms you hoped for.
In the meantime know that you have many supporters and admirers who wish you all the best in whatever you go after next!:huggg:

YukonKronic

Had to say something... it was your greenhouse stuff in a cold climate that got me fired up on trying to figure out outdoor/greenhouse herb waayyyyy up here. Next spring that journey will get a little further along but I think I'm probably a couple seasons from a full on productive greenhouse system.... depends a lot on how much money I end up having to spend.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
YukonKronic, God bless you brother!
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm getting refocused and planning next season's grow. With the help of some people at NORML we are starting some new chapters in ND.
I hope to be very supportive in any aspect I can be of service. While refining growing here, I need to give a big shout out to Dubi. He has been so helpful and continues to be a great blessing in my efforts. My timeline may have moved, but my preparation is making our next efforts undeniable.
I wish you all the best in the world my friend. I will have a fantastic line up for next season. Moving forward in strength. Peace

therevverend

Veteran
Don't give up man you've been doing good work. It sounds like the fix was in from the start they have the money and think they have the power but we know it isn't like that. Next time around it'll different.

My advice is to look at what's gone right and wrong in the other states that have legalized and learn from their mistakes. In Washington a big mistake was leaving it up to the legislature to interpret the Rec Bill.

Even though medical cannabis wasn't mentioned the legislature used the opportunity to torpedo medical cannabis here. If you aren't specific enough they'll pervert the taxpayer's good intentions to their own greed. Circle the wagons, tighten up your game and in the end you'll come out stronger for it.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Revverend, thank you my friend. It took a few days to get the sand out of my panties. Done grieving now and working towards a solution. I didn't have a hand in this Measure. I will certainly try to influence the next one. I don't have all the answers, but I know some good questions to start with. Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi farmerlion! Sorry to see the final outcome, but don't despair... sometimes things happen for the better!

:huggg:

Glad to see you're up and running!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, cutting back to 4 or 5 strains next season. I will have 4 or 5 of each. I'm having some issues with a neighboring land owner. I may have to skip all outdoor plants. Trying to get along, but some people can't mind their own business.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend,

It's really a pity that finally your state didn't approve marijuana legalization this time, i know you have been strongly involved in the movement and must be disappointing but please, do not be discouraged. At least, things are not getting worst and i'm sure at the end with the conviction and persistance you will finally make it :yes: The world is moving towards it, just some parts or countries slower than others, but marijuana legalization is becoming a worldwide reality, something we could only dream of 2 decades ago.

And your outdoor season has also been another great experience, both for you and for all of us following with great interest your progresses. It is obvious that autoflowering and semi autoflowering strains are the most suitable genetics for your latitude and climate, even using a greenhouse. I must praise you for the outstanding results you got with our lebanese and Auto Malawi x NL. You can focus upcoming seasons on this kind of fast flowering genetics so you can maximize the chances of having a successful and bountiful harvest, and don't spend much efforts, space and resources in photoperiod strains that have little chances to produce at the end something good there, especially if your September is not a sunny one.

I think the best choice to be able to finish classic photoperiod strains there would be to grow them inside a light dep greenhouse so you can force the flowering 2 months earlier and try to flower them during July and August. But a good automatized light dep greenhouse is an expensive investment, and to build a cheap manual one requires lots of discipline, attentions and efforts to cover/uncover daily the greenhouse at always at the same right time like a clock, from Monday to Sunday for 2-3 months without fail.

I thank you deeply for another excellent grow diary and for let us enjoy your presence here in our room. A BIG hug! ;)

YukonKronic

Hi friend,

It's really a pity that finally your state didn't approve marijuana legalization this time, i know you have been strongly involved in the movement and must be disappointing but please, do not be discouraged. At least, things are not getting worst and i'm sure at the end with the conviction and persistance you will finally make it :yes: The world is moving towards it, just some parts or countries slower than others, but marijuana legalization is becoming a worldwide reality, something we could only dream of 2 decades ago.

And your outdoor season has also been another great experience, both for you and for all of us following with great interest your progresses. It is obvious that autoflowering and semi autoflowering strains are the most suitable genetics for your latitude and climate, even using a greenhouse. I must praise you for the outstanding results you got with our lebanese and Auto Malawi x NL. You can focus upcoming seasons on this kind of fast flowering genetics so you can maximize the chances of having a successful and bountiful harvest, and don't spend much efforts, space and resources in photoperiod strains that have little chances to produce at the end something good there, especially if your September is not a sunny one.

I think the best choice to be able to finish classic photoperiod strains there would be to grow them inside a light dep greenhouse so you can force the flowering 2 months earlier and try to flower them during July and August. But a good automatized light dep greenhouse is an expensive investment, and to build a cheap manual one requires lots of discipline, attentions and efforts to cover/uncover daily the greenhouse at always at the same right time like a clock, from Monday to Sunday for 2-3 months without fail.

I thank you deeply for another excellent grow diary and for let us enjoy your presence here in our room. A BIG hug! ;)

The journey that Lion is undertaking can be very helpful to a great many growers... Dubis comments on using greenhouses with light dep vs auto or semi auto flowering genes very well sum up dilemmas facing Northern growers in any part of the world. I will be looking at ways to utilize long sunshine hours in the far (not too far... we still have trees at least!) north here to grow cannabis and it is my belief that autoflowers have enormous potential here given the strength of midsummer sun here and the amount of full exposure available. Imagine flowering under 18+ hours full sun thru maximum flowering phase....

Initial results last season were very promising. I want a greenhouse because of this thread.:tiphat:

SolarLogos

The journey that Lion is undertaking can be very helpful to a great many growers... Dubis comments on using greenhouses with light dep vs auto or semi auto flowering genes very well sum up dilemmas facing Northern growers in any part of the world. I will be looking at ways to utilize long sunshine hours in the far (not too far... we still have trees at least!) north here to grow cannabis and it is my belief that autoflowers have enormous potential here given the strength of midsummer sun here and the amount of full exposure available. Imagine flowering under 18+ hours full sun thru maximum flowering phase....

Initial results last season were very promising. I want a greenhouse because of this thread.:tiphat:
I agree. This is a must read if you are new to greenhouses. I have learn a lot from FL's posts. Another very talented grower.
Peace, God bless

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi, thank you for your kindness. Your corrections for myself and others during our grows is invaluable. What a tremendous learning resource we have in you my brother.

Yukon Chronic, I can't begin to tell you how much joy my greenhouse brings to my soul. This past season at work was so busy. The little time I had between jobs was so divided and hurried. My note taking and updates to this thread were limited.
I'm glad to hear you found it of use. I have greatly enjoyed running about 15 different strains each year. The reversed parental plants were a great joy this past summer. Thanks Dubi!

SolarLogos, my valued friend. The wife and I were just talking about how cool a trip to Spain would be. Then she reminded me, I have a granddaughter that is two months old. I have not seen her yet and she is only two hours away.
I will have a few days over Christmas. I hope to see my children then.

I wish all of you a safe and love filled Christmas.
God bless. Farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
I had a house full of patients last night. I was able to divide up the harvest and give almost two pounds per person. One donated back a quarter of beef(stakes and burger). Gift certificates and one flashing of a young pair of tits. I enjoyed them all! Merry Christmas God bless
Farmerlion and family. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Oh, I did get 8 Chocolate Thai clones gifted to me as well. Made it from Colorado to ND in very nice shape. I didn't have the heart to tell them that they would be culled today. Three Bubblegum crosses in seed form. None of which will ever see the inside of the greenhouse. While I do have an indoor grow room. It still has 10 plants hanging, waiting to be trimmed fully.
The gesture was much appreciated, but I can't change my goals.
In case anyone was wondering, young is 26 years old. I'm old. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts