Farm Life With Snype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty sure them boys from Colorado made a cross called pootie tang.
I believe it is sfv og kush x toms haze?
I know the sfv is in there for sure.
Great info in this thread!

Snype

Veteran
Pretty sure them boys from Colorado made a cross called pootie tang.
I believe it is sfv og kush x toms haze?
I know the sfv is in there for sure.
Great info in this thread!
According to Paco, his version of Pootie Tang is (la kush X tang tang) from New House Seeds. Other than that I don't see any other information with it. We shall see what happens.
picture.php

Snype

Veteran
Snype, did you grow the stardawgs from seeds?

I didn't personally grow them from seed. Another IC member who is a good friend of mine grew them out. I was only given 2 of the cuts which were most likely his biggest yielders. I think he had many more that got tossed that I never saw. I would have loved to see all of them. I know he doesn't have the #9 anymore and he possibly tossed Pootie Tang as well. I don't think those cuts worked for his personal situation. It's possible that he still has Pootie Tang but not sure. I really think this plant could be a gem.

sahdgrower

Hey Snype I am wondering what criteria you use to determine which plants are keepers. I know it is kind of a dumb question but I am hoping for a very specific answer as you are a very detail oriented individiual. Also how do you differentiate between phenotypes? Is it all determined in flowering? I'm growing 10 Vortex from seed and 6 were female. Of the 6 I cannot see very much variation between them. I am only in the 3rd week of flowering though. Is it all down to yield and smoke?

Snype

Veteran
Hey Snype I am wondering what criteria you use to determine which plants are keepers. I know it is kind of a dumb question but I am hoping for a very specific answer as you are a very detail oriented individiual. Also how do you differentiate between phenotypes? Is it all determined in flowering? I'm growing 10 Vortex from seed and 6 were female. Of the 6 I cannot see very much variation between them. I am only in the 3rd week of flowering though. Is it all down to yield and smoke?

Most packs of seeds will contain 0 keepers. It is very difficult to find a true keeper. It is best to have another special clone only that is known to compare your stock to, at least in terms of potency.

For something to be a true keeper in this market, it has to contain loads of flavor as well as extreme potency. Those are the 2 most important. After that comes yield and how much smell the dry buds give off. Then will come sensitivity of the specific plant followed by trichome production. Trichome production is the last on my list because it doesn't mean much but adds to the bag appeal of the product. Very rarely do the plants with the biggest yield contain the most potency. You most likely won't find 10's in all areas so there are things that you have to sacrifice. Sensitivity of the plant in VEG and Flower are pretty important aspects but if the potency and flavor is top of the line but is extremely sensitive, it may still be a keeper. Most other growers who are growing for a job will pick the biggest yielders as the keepers but that's not the way to go.

Snype

Veteran
Just giving you guys a heads up that my seed packs may get listed today. The only release that can be created again is BYTCH X Sour Diesel because the other MOMs were lost in a robbery at that location. If you guys are going for only yield, i'd go with BYTCH X Sour Diesel. The only cross that I'm iffy about is the Flava Flave x Grapefruit Haze only because I don't know much about the GH but the Flava Flave was special. I wish you guys luck and hope you get what you want. If you weren't able to get what you wanted, speak up in this thread so I know what the demand is. Here are the descriptions one last time:

BYTCH (Chemdog Double Diesel x Chemdog) x Sour Diesel IBL
The mother was BYTCH and she was my keeper pheno from 2010. She is a heavy yielder and her look can change depending on environment. She has loads of Chemdog flavor that lingers in your mouth for a while after smoking. She really smells as well and people will know if you have a small bag of her buds in your pocket. She's very potent and one of the most potent strains that i've ever grown. This project was done 2 years ago and I either chose 2 or 3 males from Rez's Sour Diesel IBL. The males that I selected had the look of Sour Diesel in their stretch and growth style. There were no "Thick Stemmed" Sour Diesel IBL males at all. I noticed a think stemmed pheno in the Sour Diesel IBL and I didn't really like her. The other pheno's seemed pretty consistent. In most soil conditions, BYTCH can finish at 64 days but in some other methods she can take up to 70 days in my conditions.

Strawberry Double Diesel (Double Strawberry Diesel x Sour Diesel IBL)
This is a 45 day DSD that I acquired from GanjaD of Ganja Rebel Seeds. She was one of his keeper phonos from around 2007. When I would pick her at 60 days, she was not as good as when picked at 45 days. She was more racy at 45 days and a much stronger effect than at 60 days in my conditions. She was the perfect combination of Strawberry to Diesel. The Sour Diesel Males are the same as above.

Strawberry Diesel ("Monsta" Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL)
The Monsta Strawberry Cough is another cut that came my way from Ganja D. She was pretty amazing for a day time smoke. She smelled like fresh strawberries and the smell and taste was pretty amazing. In my conditions she finished at 52 days. She seemed more suitable for organics and was very picky in hydro. The Sour Diesel Males are the same as above.

African Diesel (African x Sour Diesel IBL)
The African clone came my way from a real old school breeder that I used to think of as a mentor. Her beauty was in her oil and most of her buds were used in blends. When you added about 33% of her oil to another strains oil, it made the oil much more potent. I think the Sour Diesel added to the African is going to really find something special. The Sour Diesel Males are the same as above.

Flava Flave x Grapefruit Haze
Flava Flave came from a pack of seed in Rotterdam in the late 80's labeled as "Sweet". The pheno was worked on for years by my "mentor". I crossed her to a Grapefruit Haze. The Flava Flave pheno is probably the most flavorful plant that I've ever smoked and has more of a daytime high. The flavor and smell is extremely sweet and maybe a hint of tang.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Bytch x Sour Diesel and FlavaFlave x GrapefruitHaze please........

p.s....If your iffy about the FF x GH, maybe concider sending out some 10 packs as testers to a few members before placing them for sale?

Snype

Veteran
Bytch x Sour Diesel and FlavaFlave x GrapefruitHaze please........

p.s....If your iffy about the FF x GH, maybe concider sending out some 10 packs as testers to a few members before placing them for sale?
Like I said before, FF x GH can never be created again because at least 1 of the parents doesn't exist. The Flava Flave MOM may be around but only 1 person has access to it if it does and he doesn't come on forums. The last time that I saw him (1.5 years ago), the MOM was gone. I'm sure he still has more seed stock for her though.

Snype

Veteran
The 4,000 Watt RDWC SCROG BYTCH looks amazing! I changed my formula because something just didn't look right in the plants. I'm dealing with different water here and it seemed to have some effect on my past formula. This time I used 1 part GH Micro to 2 Parts GH Bloom. Nothing else was used at all. No bloom boosters, no cal mag and no silica. The buds are a very good size. There's probably 250 tops and I'm sure it's over 8 pounds with the way that it looks. The buds seem more dense than the last RDWC crops here at the farm. I basically just add the micro and bloom at the rates that I said and get the EC up to 2. I let it drop down to 1.5 and bring it back up to 2. They eat a lot. When I set the PPM to 1,000 (.5) / 2 EC, the plants use 125 PPM (.5) per day. At day 55 of Flowering, the plants only use 100 PPM (.5). This tells me that the plants are finishing and to turn the lights down. At this point I set the ballasts to 750 Watts and by day 58 of Flowering, I will set the lights down to 600 Watts because I can tell from looking at the PPM's that the plants are done eating completely. There's so much information in these numbers that makes growing so easy. I don't hear many people analyzing their numbers for some reason. Anyway, this 4 light crop looks pretty nice right now. I'll take some pics before harvest.

doneit

Veteran
Awesome!

The larger denser buds is most likely because your limiting the stretch, One of the benefits of controlling the plant.

Most people dont realize this until its in front of there eyes.

Snype

Veteran
Awesome!

The larger denser buds is most likely because your limiting the stretch, One of the benefits of controlling the plant.

Most people dont realize this until its in front of there eyes.

And the cross light from the 4,000 watts compared to just 2,000 watts with no cross light.

doneit

Veteran
Yepper, thats huge also, now imagine if you actually put some side reflection on them Bytches! lol

sahdgrower

Snype, I monitor my numbers pretty close and have already found it useful. I am sure with more grows and more experience I will be able to gleen more info from my data. For now anyway though daily monitoring tells me when it is time to change res even if I have not added back twice the original content. I think this res change came 4 days earlier than anticipated which means by watching my numbers I prevented my plants from suffering for 4 days in less than ideal soup. Once I get everything really dialed in and consistent I will be really happy for all the data.

Snype

Veteran
Snype do you mind sharing your topping/training techniques for the 10 bucket scrog?

After my cuts root, I place them into VEG-A. I top at the 4th or 5th set of nodes which I call 8 or 10 nodes. That usually happen at about day 5 of VEG-A. After that I SuperCrop every branch every 2-3 days. I SuperCrop about 1" from the top of each branch. Once I go into flowering, I only SuperCrop the tallest tops until about day 10 of Flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.