What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fan Leaves Turning Over

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Trying to, i plan on collecting it in the future and using it all the time.

Last week i put a bucket out and got some to help start some clones into small pots. I diddnt want to mess around with ppms because my well is so high @ 320ppm. The rain water let me give them an exact ec.

gardener60

Well i did a flush today and i started out with my bottle water at 0.32 and my Ph is 5.68 and my ppm is 582 I also put in a teaspoon of epsom salt. So i will check it i the morning and see whats happening.

gardener60

This morning the Ph was 7.01 and the Ppm was 600. I brought the Ph down to 5.50 did not do anything with the Ppm's. I figure as long as i keep the Ph between 5.5 and 5.8 the plant is going to drink water or nutrients. I have a feeling my leaf turning was because of lockout. I should know in a few of days.

gardener60

As you can see i am trying watch this close. This morning the Ph was 7.5 I brought the Ph down to 5.56. The Ppm was 618 and i brought it down to 532. Look like the plant is drinking a lot of water. Some leaves look like dark like when a plant gets a small frost but not black, and the same twisting and some tipping. Next post i will have pics.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thats really funky, i diddnt see it was that apparent. That kind of twisting is beyond me, aside from ph inconsistency i i dont know the reason.

Farmer B

Idk if this will help but I work with pools and in colder water the ph spikes and also calcium is very hi in ph. Maybe warm your water up and test water for excess calcium. Your ph is crazy. Just some thing to think about. Check ph twice a day.

GadgetGuy

One thing I've noticed. When I keep my EC/PPMs up a bit higher the ph doesn't spike nearly that fast. It might not hurt to get the nute level up a bit. It looks like they are hurting for magnesium which could be due to your crazy ph swings. I would grab a bottle of calimagic or something similar and run it to see what transpires.

gardener60

My water is bottle and the Ph is 032. As i said This morning the Ph was 7.5 I brought the Ph down to 5.56. The Ppm was 618 and i brought it down to 532. i really need to send her into flower it has been too long i can't complain i have gotten a lot of knowledge with this plant.

gardener60

I will not be able to go to the hydro store until Tuesday and I will grab a bottle of Calimagic or some Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus it doesn't look like its going to die but i do not want to prolong this def either. The quicker the better so i can send it into flower. Thank you guys for all of your wisdom.

gardener60

I did not think of Broad mites i have looked under my leaves and nothing i thought of aphids , gnats and spider mites. It is getting kind of frustrating but i try to look at it as knowledge.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
If you see any speckling or dots on the top of leaves, spider mites are hard to spot at first and you cant see them without a scope. Broad mites are even smaller. Twisting leaves is one of the first signs, get a little scope youll need one to inspect your bud for harvest anyways :)

Since youre using GH 3 part have you thougt about h3ads 6/9? Or lucas? It seems pretty bare bones. Micro and Bloom seem to cover the ca/mg and im pretty sure they cover that in the thread (although thats coco)

gardener60

I am going to start the Lucas my next rez flush until i harvest if there is a harvest. Lol. I will also look into getting a scope too.