What's new

Fan Leaf plant Tea

catcherintheye

I will nuke the brussel sprouts first then... im a fatalist.. lol and then im gona make some cheese.. or the cheese will make itself and Ill find it on a cracker.:dance013: thanks for all your help jay.

M

mugenbao

no need to aerate, just soak for a week, strain, dilute 1:20. apply to the soil
I know this isn't what most people would do, but... Can you do the same thing with a jar of buds? If, for instance, you had a whole jar full of buds you were just going to compost anyways? I assume it would be largely the same, wouldn't it?

For those who wonder why I'm throwing out a jar full of buds... A couple of the buds in the jar got a bit of mold, and I simply don't trust that the rest don't have as-yet-unnoticed amounts as well, and mold is a life-threatening problem in my household. I am not at all interested in making BHO, and I simply don't know anyone I trust well enough to even give the stuff away. Besides, I have probably a six month supply in my other jars, so it's no loss.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know this isn't what most people would do, but... Can you do the same thing with a jar of buds? If, for instance, you had a whole jar full of buds you were just going to compost anyways? I assume it would be largely the same, wouldn't it?

if said buds were unsmokable but not filled with chemicals, i would try it. in theory what would grow more buds better than fermented buds lol.

M

mugenbao

no need to aerate, just soak for a week, strain, dilute 1:20. apply to the soil
I'm doing this now for the first time, and I have a few questions...

Is this actually fermenting, or is it really just a kind of slow extraction? I ask because it's actually generating a number of bubbles, and when I push the leaves down it releases them all at once and makes the container look all fizzy :)

What should I look for as an end result? Are there any signs that things are not going as planned, if that should happen? Right now the water is somewhat cloudy, which reminds me of bacterial blooms. There's a slight scent of fermentation, not bad, a little sweet and not real pleasant, but not strong enough to be a bother.

Are there some good links where I can go read more about this in depth?

Interesting thread, thanks OP :)

catcherintheye

it fermenting for sure and releasing gasses... i put a whole on top of the bottle and the juices still overflowed, My first time too, i got a cloudy slightly greening mix. i thought theend product would be dark green.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this actually fermenting, or is it really just a kind of slow extraction? I ask because it's actually generating a number of bubbles, and when I push the leaves down it releases them all at once and makes the container look all fizzy

id say its both an extraction process and a little bit of fermentation created by microbes.

What should I look for as an end result? Are there any signs that things are not going as planned, if that should happen? Right now the water is somewhat cloudy, which reminds me of bacterial blooms. There's a slight scent of fermentation, not bad, a little sweet and not real pleasant, but not strong enough to be a bother.

usually a good sign that its done is that it stops fizzing wildly when your agitate it a little. the water will never be clear again. so dont worry about that. it will also start to smell bad eventually, that does not mean its bad. just means its stronger/more concentrated and that you need to dilute more.

Are there some good links where I can go read more about this in depth?

nope this was not created here, but here is where its been taken to the next level. you wont find any info on plant extracts better anywhere else on the net i promise.

M

mugenbao

here is where its been taken to the next level. you wont find any info on plant extracts better anywhere else on the net i promise.
Somehow, that doesn't surprise me :)

Thanks for the answer, that really helps a lot!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somehow, that doesn't surprise me

Thanks for the answer, that really helps a lot!

now that i think of it there is only one other place, and i wrote that thread.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats dedication right there, and your body does make more blood soo, its almost sustainable as long as you dont take too much lol. might just be worth it.

A

apep

I wonder if you would get different benefits from using leaves at different times of growth?
Like using plants that are in the first week or two of flower. They go through a rapid growth spurt would you make a "growth stimulator"?

M

mugenbao

thats dedication right there, and your body does make more blood soo, its almost sustainable as long as you dont take too much lol. might just be worth it.
Nah, man. Blood meal made from other stoners...

Set up a "Bud for Blood" (for blood for bud?) blood donation clinic that gives out a joint to each donor instead of paying people :)

((I once got completely baked after donating plasma. I didn't expect to get quite that high))