Napalm on children in vietnam
oZKyR.jpg

Afghan girl
IPzge.jpg

Omayra Sanchez
nEvX1.jpg

Tiananmen
AXBZ4.jpg

Vulture and child (photographer commited suicide)
3F9lr.jpg

Child in Uganda
sIMCB.jpg

Marlborough Street fire
X4cY0.jpg

Earth
D5afw.jpg

Super Six-Four (Blackhawk Down)
hdkTZ.jpg

Munich Olympics
Gt3FL.jpg

Ruby shoots Oswald
9E9io.jpg

Iraq war
z8hrD.jpg

Rwanda death camp survivor
16WYd.jpg

:thank you: to whoever took the time to compile these photos/text originally...

jd4083

Veteran
Don't drink the Kool-aid (Jamestown)
2br7r.jpg

Incoming Hiroshima
Hfdr3.jpg

Kent State
G9UV6.jpg

Challenger
eK7hZ.jpg

Australian executed
igu12.jpg

Does not fit
O8iIc.jpg

First X-Ray
g7eyW.jpg

Top of the world 1953
wiaCP.jpg

Concord 2000
VtuYR.png

Hubble
wIUwU.jpg

Columbia
6p5zQ.jpg

Princess Diana
MyduU.jpg

9/11
ZReTe.jpg

Churchill, Roosevelt, Stalin
YqTZK.jpg

WTC
4KS6s.jpg

ogi65.jpg

Chernobyl
9BMOu.jpg

Concentration camp
6M5bH.jpg

bCSMg.jpg

nlwim.jpg

9/11
iJrYl.jpg

Bigfoot!
XpCjv.jpg

Fight the powah
4sjig.jpg

jd4083

Veteran
Saved the most depressing, and moving, photos for last -

byer09_jpg.jpg

Cyndie always tries to have something at hand to take the sting out of her son, Derek's doctor appointments. On March 8 after undergoing radiation treatment, they make the most of a dollar can of Silly String - and Cyndie then meticulously cleans up every bit of the stuff from the ground. Cyndie is a big fan of the Dollar Store.

byer10_jpg.jpg

Cyndie consoles her best friend, Kelly Whysong, left, on April 24, 2006, Fearing Derek's time is near, Cyndie wrote a letter to Derek about how brave he's been during his battle with cancer. She reads it to her youngest son repeatedly, hoping he can still understand.

byer11_jpg.jpg

After placing a flower beside her son's head, a sobbing Cyndie drops to the floor on April 25, as her best friend, Kelly Whysong, left, and another friend, Nick Rocha, comfort her. Derek is too weak to acknowledge his mother's presence as she keeps a 24-hour vigil by his bed.

byer12_jpg.jpg

Derek has a final burst of energy after days of Cyndie keeping vigil at his bedside. She helps her anguished son walk on April 26. A cancerous tumor has distended Derek's stomach so far that his pants no longer fit. Another tumor in his brain impairs his eyesight making navigation difficult inside their rental home.

byer13_jpg.jpg

Derek refuses to take pain medications because he fears further damage to his organs. He rages at his mother on April 28, blaming her for not making him healthier. "You have to calm down and help me help you," Cyndie says.

byer14_jpg.jpg

On May 1, after days of little sleep while caring for Derek, Cyndie confronts longtime family friend "grandpa" Patrick Degnan, about whether he'll be able to help with rent and funeral expenses as Derek is caught in the middle. Cyndie hopes to set up a non-profit organization so families don't have to endure the same financial struggle and chaos they have experienced. "I just wish that some of the percentage of money that goes to cancer research can be diverted to families going through this because many people will never benefit from the research," says Cyndie.

byer15_jpg.jpg

Derek kisses his mom at the Relay for Life benefit, as his 6-year-old sister, Brianna, stands by. Wanting to contribute something to the cause and to "give back," Cyndie recruited volunteers for the benefit. Before the race, Cyndie speaks to the crowd about her pride in her son's bravery during his battle with cancer.
byer16_jpg.jpg

Cyndie holds Derek on May 8. He is on medication that hinders his speech and keeps him awake at night. Except for a few minutes while hospice nurses are with him, Cyndie spends nearly every moment of the day at his side. "I was exhausted beyond belief but I had to do this. He would call my name and always expects me to be there," Cyndie said.

byer17_jpg.jpg

In an effort to get Derek outside, Cyndie wheels him through the front door passing by artwork and cards given to her son by classmates at Bridgeway Island Elementary School. "Just like a newborn, he needs to get out and get some air," she says. It was his last trip outdoors.
byer18_jpg.jpg

Cyndie French fights her emotions May 10, as she prepares to flush out Derek's catheter with saline solution before hospice nurse Sue Kirkpatrick, left, administers a sedative that will give the 11-year-old a peaceful death. "I know in my heart I've done everything I can," Cyndie says.
byer19_jpg.jpg

Cyndie rocks her dying son as the song, "Because We Believe," plays on a cd. She sings along with Andrea Bocelli in a whispery voice. "Once in every life/There comes a time/We walk out all alone/And into the light..." From left, family friends Ashley Berger, Amy Morgan and Kelly Whysong offer comfort as Cyndie tells Derek, "It's OK, baby. I love you, little man. I love you, brave boy. I love you. I love you." Derek died soon after in his mother's arms on May 10, 2006.
byer20_jpg.jpg

Cyndie leads Derek's casket to burial with assistance from her sons Anthony Moffe, foreground, Micah Moffe, opposite him, and Vincent Morris, who is not visible, as well as several friends. "I will forever carry your memory in my heart and remind others to give of their time, energy and support to other families like ours," Cyndie says at the funeral. Derek was buried in Mount Vernon Memorial Park in Fair Oaks, California, on May 19, 2006.

st0ne

A very interesting post jd,

Humanity is touching isn't it. Beautiful, tragic, and miserable all in the same breathe.

Tragic how most of us are so selfishly consumed by our trivial day to day existance, that we forget all else.

I can't say I am any different.

This is life, a purpetual cycle that really amounts to fuck all anyways.

WasntMe

Some very classic shots, I love how out of place and random the bigfoot shot is that line up.

I have to remember to post up some of my 9/11 photos for you guys, a couple were published in a TIME publication ..... I was one of the search and rescue volunteers there.

TexasToker

Some of those are Pulitzer winners. The boy and the vulture for instance. The guy who shot that photo killed himself a few months later because of depression.

The Afghan girl was on a Time magazine cover.

BrainSellz

Veteran
enter this thread for the ultimate experience....speechless is all i cant say.....i dont get tears in my eyes much but that one did it jd......we god it so good and so many dont even know it....late to the thread but better late than never....

jd4083

Veteran
enter this thread for the ultimate experience....speechless is all i cant say.....i dont get tears in my eyes much but that one did it jd......we god it so good and so many dont even know it....late to the thread but better late than never....

:tiphat: I've had an extremely stressful, long day...and all I had to do to get out of my bad mood funk was come back to this thread and take a look at the photos to remind me of just how much I have to be thankful for. Thanks for posting and reminding me :thank you:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Here's some portraits of peeps who touched our lives, good or bad..

Here's some portraits of peeps who touched our lives, good or bad..

dkmb86g_799cmjqs4hg_b.jpg

The Wild One

dkmb86g_789fjs88fdb_b.jpg

Alfred H.

JonnyCashFinger-500x428.jpg

Johnny Cash giving the finger.

dkmb86g_913cdbjt5dh_b.jpg

My childhood hero, Yuri Gagarin ~ First man in outer space.

Einstein.jpg

Einstein goofing around.

dkmb86g_812gvs8g7df_b.jpg

Al Capone.

dkmb86g_885dkx2fgcb_b.jpg

Last and well, the least, Adolf Hitler ~ Made EMO famous long before My Chemical Romance.​