What's new

Family ties to Bootleggers or Mafia ??

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone has any family ties to anyone who produced beer during prohibition, or if anyone in your family is involved in any other crazy outlaw type of work...

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol, Just curious if anyone has any interesting background stories and how they may have become involved in growing cannabis through those experiences

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
The mafia doesn't exist..There is just a bunch of guys that like to look out for each others best interests....Yeehaw

armedoldhippy

Veteran
had moonshiners & bootleggers in the family tree. found remains of a still in sinkhole back of a great-uncles house while hunting as a teenager. parents told me that another great-uncle paid the fees for my older brothers birth at local hospital because no one else in the family had cash...so yeah, saying "fuck you!" to the law & doing whatever it takes to get the coon out of the tree runs in the family.:tiphat:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
My Grandfather and his brothers ran a still during the 30s on into the 40's. Bills had to be paid and family needed to be taken care of. Always need something from the store that can't be produced on the farm. Sheriff came down the road past my grandparents house during a run one afternoon. Right after they passed grandma fired off the shotgun twice. Funny thing no one found at the still. Sheriff comes back ask grandma why she fired the shotgun. Hawks trying to get the chickens she says. Closest call he ever had.
Al Capone used to come down to Dorchester county in SC with a milk truck. They'd fill it and leave then the truck would come back later. Did that for years. For a while during the 30's and 40's corn liquor was the main export out of that county. Lots of liquor was made throughout SC back then. Still a lot being made now. Many, many folks ran it. People are gonna do what people are gonna do to take care of family.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Does anybody know where I can get a target to staple to my great grandfather's head?

How about my grandfather or father?

Sins of our fathers should trouble us no more.

Now me personally?

That is a horse of a different color.

St. Phatty

At the YMCA in San Diego one of the guys in the weight room was a retired leg-breaker for East Coast organized crime. Which basically means, he was a debt counselor.

After doing 10 years in a Fed lock-up, he hooked up with a rich woman in Rancho Santa Fe.

Then he found a new job, working for a mortgage broker.

Sort of like his old work as a Debt Counselor, but without the Baseball Bat.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Not a bootlegger and not Mafia... just an old dirt farmer.

Grandpa Green; age 30..

Attachments

• Grandpa Green..jpg
    Grandpa Green..jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 7

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Im sure there were a few but no nefarious characters in my family tree that I'm aware of.
Just a long line of Separatists, Canucks, trappers, Indians, revolutionaries, Legionnaires and Marines.

Satyros

Not by birth, but by way of osmosis, I've rubbed elbows. Can't say much about it.

What I can say, is that Mafia is more towards protection/extortion (like the leg breaker), mixed with prostitution and all kinds of things that don't necessarily involve alcohol or cannabis.

Basically all the "dry" counties (where bars aren't allowed) all have long standing traditions of moonshine that generally have the sheriff in their pocket. NASCAR is a straight by-product of bootlegging, as is the term "Mountain Dew".

Shiners usually are less related to cannabis, and more with gambling and animal fighting. Mostly they actually do a pretty good job, but I remember one time, this really friendly Sturgis type guy from South Dakota offered me a jar of "peach brandy" which he thought was really good. Two tiny little sips in and it was revolting, gave me a headache, I literally poured the rest of it out.

shithawk420

Veteran
im a second gen.grower.both my parents grow.my father has sold weed for 35 years so yeah,i got ties with the mexican mafia.my brother in law's sister is married to one of the major cartells but i dont talk to those kind of people but i do know of them.fuck that lifestyle.its worse than any stupid tv show on netflix can ever portray

Latest posts

Latest posts