What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Family sues after Pennsylvania man with 10 pot plants is crushed by bulldozer in poli

I can’t believe that on a Cannabis website most “people” that have responded in this thread are actually in favor of the Police and not the poor person just trying to grow some Medicine?

TheDarkStorm

How the f### can they come up with " the guy crawled under the bulldozer himself " a bulldozer in the dark that was hunting him...coming out with that is just a slap in the family's face...I kinda understand why there pi#sd. I would be too...they would hav know exactly wer he was cuz the helecopter follows the body with infrared.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sadly - people get killed in wars - and this poor grower was another casualty of the war various governments have waged over this plant for almost a century now -

If they can justify running a harmless grower over with a bulldozer - and killing him - then they can find a way to justify virtually any crime -

rolandomota

Veteran
He was hiding and knew full well the police were looking for him if he just gave up none of this would have happened if something happens to you because your running its your fault. End of story.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It's funny how humans are consistently absorbed in who's FAULT something is. Or who is to BLAME.

I got shot 3 times. Do you think I gave a fuck who's FAULT it was? LMAO All I fucking cared was that I had a bullet in my fucking ass. I am pretty sure, the dead guy doesn't really give a fuck who was at FAULT.

Besides (and no one is considering this) his choice of flight was not his, so he can not be put to blame (other than the fact that he was doing something illegal). But the decision to run is (most likely) not his fault. It was made by his brain, without his consent. The fight or flight response is mostly instinct and primarily a SUB-conscious decision. Axons get real tight and dendrites send out all ones instead of zeros and panic, adrenaline and a few other factors simply take over. Anyone who doesn't know this, has not been REALLY scared. LOL

He's dead, Jim. Let's divide up his crop. ;) If you must blame someone, blame God. He did it.

sshz

Obviously the guy didn't crawl under the dozer........he was already hiding in there, and along came the dozer and trampled him. I think the main point of disagreement is whether the police over reacted by using a dozer to clear a path so the police could move in to find him- they didn't run him over on purpose. No one deserves to die over growing pot, I think we all can agree on that. But do stupid things like trying to escape custody and stupid things can happen.

St. Phatty

I think it was overkill and stupid what they did. It's just 10 plants and not a Meth Lab.
Did they really need a bulldozer? Where was the helicopter and military?

Where was the narc dog? That's all they needed.

Policing is a make work job in the US.

They call out 15 ocifers when 1 social worker can defuse a situation.

I would love to see a movement, nationwide, to de-fund counties states cities, 50%.

therevverend

Veteran
There's was an extensive update on this story last month. It's a federal lawsuit. The state lawyer's case seems to be 'because he knowingly ran from police he assumed the risk' which is the same argument a couple posters here are making. I think this is crazy. I don't think the constitution says you lose your civil rights and humanity because you run from the cops. The state Game employee warned the cops beforehand they'd be 'driving blind' if they appropriated his bulldozer for a chase. Dude was high on methadone, amphetamines, and cannabis which is irrelevant to whether the cops were at fault. I'm sure it will sway a few peoples' opinions. These drugs can be legally prescribed, it makes no mention of whether he obtained them illegally but that detail may give us an insight on his state of mind. I looked up the penalty for growing 10 plants in Pennsylvania. It's a felony, 2-5 years so I don't blame him one bit for running, I'd do the same thing. A misdemeanor, sure, take the rap...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/penns...wsuit-state-police-berks-county-20191213.html

An important lesson here for all you guerrilla growers, well, I don't advocate running from the cops because they will kill you. But if you do run for the cops, don't stop. No matter what they bring, choppers, dogs, snowmobiles, etc, never stop running. Hiding is a bad idea, they will use dogs and find you. If there's a freeway run across it. They'll gladly shoot you in the back but they aren't going to risk their asses on a freeway. No matter how far you have to go, run until you're back home on your couch taking a bong hit and laughing about it.

Mr. J

As far as I'm concerned the cops cheated. Everyone knows the game, you run and they chase you. Sometimes they catch you and sometimes you get away. Helicopters, dogs, that shit is standard but you can't just park a bulldozer on somebody. Who the fuck expects that???

sshz

I've seen enough court cases to know he will be deemed not in control of his faculties because he was high on multiple drugs and the case could be thrown out. It will be argued by his running and hiding, he contributed and caused his own death. If it goes to a jury trial- they will seat enough elderly people to offer no chance for a conviction against the police or others involved. The system is rigged so the state or people employed by the State/Fed
can pretty much get away with murder when people are under the influence.

Last edited:
Tons of Police Officers in the USA have gotten away with literally Murdering people that were absolutely no threat at all.

It’s definitely past time that they are held to the same standards as everyone else.

Why should cops get special protection when they “mess up” and kill (MURDER) someone “accidentally” or even on purpose?

Wasn’t it just a few years back that people just got tired of it and started just taking cops out...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's funny how humans are consistently absorbed in who's FAULT something is. Or who is to BLAME.

I got shot 3 times. Do you think I gave a fuck who's FAULT it was? LMAO All I fucking cared was that I had a bullet in my fucking ass. I am pretty sure, the dead guy doesn't really give a fuck who was at FAULT.

Besides (and no one is considering this) his choice of flight was not his, so he can not be put to blame (other than the fact that he was doing something illegal). But the decision to run is (most likely) not his fault. It was made by his brain, without his consent. The fight or flight response is mostly instinct and primarily a SUB-conscious decision. Axons get real tight and dendrites send out all ones instead of zeros and panic, adrenaline and a few other factors simply take over. Anyone who doesn't know this, has not been REALLY scared. LOL

He's dead, Jim. Let's divide up his crop. ;) If you must blame someone, blame God. He did it.

I've known a number of people who over the years have had unfavorable interaction with law enforcement. Several of them did run. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that every single one of them made the conscious decision to run. There was no, "I was so scared I just ran without thinking" from one of them.

Even I "ran" once. Though it was more like hid in a ditch watching everybody else got busted. Looking back on it, the worst I would have received was a trespassing ticket, because I wasn't drinking. (It was a high school kegger in the middle of the woods.)

Your "lizard brain" response will not nor has ever has stood up as a valid legal defense for anything in a court of law.

It's unfortunate the grower made a poor decision to run. It was also a poor decision by the officers to pursue in a bulldozer. 2 bad decisions cost the grower his life.

Now it's up to the courts to decide which was the most egregious of the 2 offenses, because both parties involved share blame.