What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fake Pineapple Express

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
lmao, so these guys have a seedcompany and cant grow some decent buds to make their own pics. what a joke.

yeah..
all those companies grow thousand of plants and actually all their sites suck in term of pictures..
At least thats what I think..
really lame pictures to represent their seeds..
For most of the strains there is like 1 lame picture, from with you can`t get squad...

Directrix

Ok, now that is plain thievery, not to mention criminal behavior and fraud.

I have no problems with hating on a seed company when there is a legitimate reason to do so, and proof to back up the allegations.

:smokey:

I agree we definitely need to spread the word.

C

crownedsparrow

Raco, as a follower of your amazing strains and photography, I am sorry to hear someone stole your hard work.

This thread has helped shine the light of G13 bullshit. This website is seen by many, and that will have a small effect on the sales simply because of the large name associated with the movie. I think we need to contact seed distributors and banks and inform them of this blatant theft. anyone else agree?

greenhead

Veteran
this thread is pissing me off, it really makes me happy I don't buy seeds.

Marijuana is illegal in most places.

And the weed business will no doubt attract some shady scumbags.

That doesn't mean that all seedbanks and breeders are shady or criminals.

I'm not happy that I don't buy seeds.

I do want to buy seeds, and money is not an object, however I doubt anyone can give me confidence that I am getting what I am looking for. And I really have no way of telling if it is.

If I get seeds, I will just call it, unknown weed....sigh and what's the point of just growing weed, I want to grow specific strain and to validate its linage.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran

I'm not happy that I don't buy seeds.

I do want to buy seeds, and money is not an object, however I doubt anyone can give me confidence that I am getting what I am looking for. And I really have no way of telling if it is.

If I get seeds, I will just call it, unknown weed....sigh and what's the point of just growing weed, I want to grow specific strain and to validate its linage.

You guys can rest assured that you can order seeds from Gypsy Nirvana(Seed Boutique) and get exactly what you ordered. If you hop on the site, you will notice that Gypsy does not offer seeds from shady-ass companies like G13 Labs.

There are other online seed stores that do not have the same type of quality standards *cough*attitude*cough*. You've just got to distinguish the good from the bad and order accordingly.

nnep

Funny story, i'm actually growing a purple haze right now from g13, i recieved it as a freebie.

Looks pretty hearty so far, guess i'll keep my eyes out. Would love to see this cleared up..

Also i agree that Seedbou and Seebay sell straight up legit beans from trusted vendors.

greenhead

Veteran
Yeah...but I need more then someone on the internet word on that. :huggg:

It's called a brain and intelligence, you have to be able to digest the information on the internet and decide what is true and what is BS.

People lie and talk shit all of the time about any number of subjects on the internet, including weed, and then there are those who do tell the truth and are trustworthy about particular subjects. It is up to you to distinguish the BS from the truth.

It's called a brain and intelligence, you have to be able to digest the information on the internet and decide what is true and what is BS.

People lie and talk shit all of the time about any number of subjects on the internet, including weed, and then there are those who do tell the truth and are trustworthy about particular subjects. It is up to you to distinguish the BS from the truth.

Very true and that is the reason why I have not bought. My cirteria is higher then what I have came across. And I doubt any on the webz will qualify, probably will need to know the person in real life.

For example, I want the original Skunk #1 with a traceable history, which should be simple for those that have been able to keep that strain going. However there is no provable evidence that it is actually the strain, and unless I can test it at the DNA level there is no way of really knowing. Good assumptions based on this and that, as well as the reputation of a breeder.

But that is a hit and miss. It's not like a car, you can put a Ford engine in a Chevy, but anyone can verify what it is.

Weed genetics are not so simple.

O

ocean99

Go to breeder sites. Mr. Nice, for example, lists seedbay/seedboutique as an official distributor. It's not like hearing it from the man himself, but I don't think Shanti would punk himself out of money for his own work so, there you go.

SDOG

:yeahthats

never saw the movie though, but i definitely agree with the strain naming. If they stole your pic that's really lame.

I was bored so i made a gif, looks like you were right. I had to flip it's inverse than stretch it a bit.

zn0z61.gif

This is such epic win it's not even funny. Just goes to show how low people will go to make a buck.

You're right about that, but if your criteria for getting good seeds is testing it at the DNA level, then I suppose that you won't be buying too many seeds anytime soon.

haha no no, that is unrealistic of course. And that is also the point of my criticism. However documentation, grow logs, pics, and verification by numerous people help that burden, however the sites I have seen, and please feel free to recommend any, do not give me any confidence when they only have one pic and copy and paste info.

I am tiered of people abusing naming of strains creating only marketing hype. I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but I really want to get my hands on something that is well known and verifiable so I may try my hand and breeding.

SDOG

this comes from we-sell-fake-cannabis-seeds.com

Type: Indica / Sativa
Sex: Feminized
Genetics: Many Rumors', No one actually knows for sure
Flowering Time: Medium
Outdoor Harvest: Unknown
Height: Medium
Characteristics: strong fruity fragrance

That had me laughing pretty hard.

Honestly this makes me angry on a deep level.