What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EZ cloner's

full time daddy
Veteran
anyone else wanna start theres on fire?

i did 3 rounds flawless killer roots.............( my bubb;a is flawless everytime )

but for sum reason over half the clones i do now DIE for the past 2 rounds....................

i dont use any thing in it.......... not even a root jel/poweder
i get roots with or w/out them and thought that they where part of the probs
but its not i just stuck about 75-80 cuts in there and im gonna end up with 40 i put 70 in the bubbla and looks to be 70 i will get...........

74 deg's.... with the pump runnign 24/7

i just put a cycle timer on it and it droped to 72 i think this is still to high......
i was not checking the temps the first few rounds i did not have a meter and it was working so i was not worryed when ii started losing clone is when i started witching...

my bubbler is right next to it along with 2 rez for my hydro room...... all 3 of them have a temp of 57-62 @ most but for sum reason the ez-cloner keeps the temp up..... i even took it out side ( back yard ) @ 50 degs and its still no colder then 72 with a timer at 5 off 1 on.........

i us thinking about getting a water chiller.......... but then said for that price i can buy 20 bubblersand clone 100000000000 clones ( not that i need that many)

for the first 2 rounds ( 3-4 weeks ) i did not clean then thought i would wash it out and add new water then 3rd round cleared so i started 4th ( without cleanin ) and with in 2-3 days over half gone so i washed it out ( just water & h202 ) then started the 5th and again death

im scared to put my new babys in there and my bubb;as full..............

G

00420,, i got the info u need,,, well most likely...... i had the same troubles past with the first verson of the ez clone..... never had it with my new one... i tried lots things to fix it, but did not work.. i called ez-clone and found out that is was bacteria..... in the past i used h2o2 to clean it but still had this issue... t
he ez-clone guy told me to run 1/2 cup of bleach with tap water, drain and run fresh tap water , drain and try off inside with a towl... then its ready to go....

This is the way i do it (every run)
1. i run bleach solution ( i use 1 cup) for about an hour flip the neo's, run for another hour
2. drain
3. run with fresh water for an hour, flip the neo's, run for another hour
4. drain
5. clean with a towl
6. refill with tap water and its ready to go

i hope this helps br0,, good luck

full time daddy
Veteran
k so after 72 hrs of the timer being off 5 on 1 it went down to 63-64 deg's
i think this is the prob...... we will see

i cant belive how much them pumps heat up the water......

but i did make a new bigger bubbler cloner...

sry draw but i dont want bleach on my clones all take it back n go to bubbla first they root about the same...

Last edited:
G

00420,,it works,, i stand by it,, the proof is in the pic,,, and there should be no bleach left if u follow my instructions (EZ 120)... whatever small trace amounts of chlorine left in the water would not hurt anything... i run my ez-clone in the middle of SoCal summer with high temps and only a fan in my clone box.... no AC and my roots grow fine... so i would be quite surpirsed if that is whats killing your clones,,,,

aeric

Veteran
I have had similar problems in the past. Thanx for the tip DrawoH it makes perfect sense to me. Any residual chlorine will evaporate readily with all of that aeration anyways.

One more thing....You guys don't pH adjust your water at all and use tap water?

G

DrawoH is on point.

i don't ezclone but i have been telling folks since i joined here that there are ONLY 3 ways of sterilizing equiptment/rooms.

1. Bleach/Water Dilution
2. iso, straight, left to evap off in still air
3. steam

No one ever pays me much mind, but i assure you i have posted this info regarding ezcloners in teh past..shame certain things get looked over, i feel nothing i contribute is ever really taken seriously, this bleach dilution is a hospital grade. it will kill anything living so use with caution around your plants.
sry draw but i dont want bleach on my clones all take it back n go to bubbla first they root about the same...
do whatever your gonna do but, drawoH wasnt tellin you to add bleach to your plants :p he was just givin you his method of cleaning his system.

An easier way / but likely not as effective as drawmasta's, is to-
take a sprayer bottle, fill with water.
add bleach in a ratio of 20 parts water==>to 1 part household bleach
(1 gallon of bleach is 1 dolla at dollastore) , take your rez and top and remove neoprenes, throw em in a bowl of water/bleach dilution (you can use the 20/1), and spray down your rez inside and out covering fully, take a rag (wearing gloves) and wipe the shit up nice, then spray with hose or the hose for cleaning dishes in the sink is my savior:confused:, wash teh neoprenes under the faucet with hot water, get al bleach off, dry everythin with clean paper towels and then fill and run it as usual. the spraying intially kills everything on contact, i use iso for most tings cuz it evaps on it's own, or i wipe it out if its small enough to run under the faucet to wash out after iso i do that.

just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

most water-born pathogens are invisible.

tho it cant hurt to use the proper pH water, pH has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that molds can't grow at a pH of over 7.0, so the theory is use higher pH water as if you were treating a PM outbreak so nothing grows...usin a lower pH water adds teh risk of more shit growing in the rez, it loves acid*
*what do you feed your microherd???(tarantula/pirhanna)???? ACIDS!!!!!!!! what are they? FUNGI! just a bad type, a different species of fungus thats all, not beneficial, obviously. ..lets get with the program:rasta:you know this stuff:D

start usin peroxide splash in every time you top-off that res... good way to keep the pH you want and still prevent the growth of harmful fungus and bacterium.

and use it in the beginning when filling it initially, or if usin hydroguard, i think it basically IS h2o2, check the label (lmao).

ok, well, im out.
hope you read this through.

peace
k so after 72 hrs of the timer being off 5 on 1 it went down to 63-64 deg's
i think this is the prob...... we will see
water temps being too high or water that is not changed in a while make for a perfect breeding ground for the nasties (algaes,bacterium,lower fungi etc)

cold water wouldn't be your problem, i clone in cold water with no airstone and even get roots, if its cold it just takes longer. keep it above 58* and your in like flint.

be well br00

JustATry

I usually see roots in 5 days and ready to transplant by day 10-12.

I clean with a cup of bleach between cycles. Let it run overnight with hot water and flush thoroughly afterwards. I keep my straight tap water at 78-80 until I see roots, then drop to ambient temps (usually 66-68). I pull 120 clones every three weeks and have a 99% survival rate. Never used gels or powders and haven't had a problem yet.

Hope this helps! :joint:

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
i agree but disagree....................

but first things first

new bubbla on its way......... this babys gonna do 112........

so i went n looked at the clones today

4 looked like this one i planted 3 this ones going to a safe keep place

current temp all the apes in the ez clone are about to pop they been in there 5 days
i started with 42 and have 18 lucky me the um's & swt#3's are gonna make it i just cut them 2 days ago

death toll.......... 100 easy ( this is only the last pile )

one side ape other tnt...........
( i have not changed this water in 2 months and still no probs) i just add to it i do poor in a bottel of h202 every 2 weeks

Last edited:
J

James-Bong

Ive noticed this problem myslef with my EZcloner.... What about Rinseing with HOT water and let the whole system evaporate.... I was thinking once the Water Was gone the "slime" bacteria would no longer be able to live.... so once it sat out and dried for a few days do you think it would cure this problem?

full time daddy
Veteran
James-Bong said:
Ive noticed this problem myslef with my EZcloner.... What about Rinseing with HOT water and let the whole system evaporate.... I was thinking once the Water Was gone the "slime" bacteria would no longer be able to live.... so once it sat out and dried for a few days do you think it would cure this problem?

i think the "slime" bacteria is from heat.

i washed it just befor the apes went in ( 5 days ago ) put the timer on it 3 days ago and as soon as i put in the timer the next day roots everywhere.

one hard thing for me is i cant just not run my cloner for a day i have 60 cuts going into it ever 5-7days its a 60 site ( but i double up ) and do 120.
ever sence i stated killing them i been runnig singles just to test...

J

James-Bong

Yaim playing it safe i just went down there and filled Rez with a Warm water/Bleach solution...... gonna run it all night and get New neoprene sleaves in the morning......

full time daddy
Veteran
James-Bong said:
Yaim playing it safe i just went down there and filled Rez with a Warm water/Bleach solution...... gonna run it all night and get New neoprene sleaves in the morning......

yeah i have new neoprene's on the way i called my hydro shop today all the mush / slim was starting at the neo's as soon as the ones inhere root or die im gonna bleach it let it dry put the new neo's in then try again if i get death all give the fucking thing away in a contest & stick with my bubbles i have 100% except with one strain that just would not clone i dont ever change my water and dont have to worry about heat it dose take a few days ( 2-3 ) longer but i would rather have all my clone's 3 days late then get half early :bat:

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Pump Heat

Pump Heat

Yea the pumps at least on the 60 unit gets the water very warm.
I was getting stem rot, 420 I use to do the timmer thing and it lowerd temps but lol they wouldn't root. So I just bit the bullet and left it on 24/7.
Plan Tap water and added some Clonex Liquid. That Helped a lot.
Got roots in Days in stead of weeks if at all.

Brother Chillers are expensive and I'd get one if I was doing a lot of Units at once.

I just leave the damn thing running 24/7 with warm temps and Clonex Liquid.

Of course when I get my Mazar and Silver Pearl Goin again I can just Spit on those to root! MK Ultra don't like rooting. But so far everything else roots.

Sin

issack

Veteran

Dont know why you are having trouble....hmmm..

I do the same as Everyone and clean the shit out of mine after each round..

Plain tap water at 6.4 and my water temps are 76..i loose around 15 clones per 120 .and thats not fro rot..its from not rooting well and i just trow em...Actually i doubble up on some of the cuttings....

how high is your light?....I lost alot and failed many times before i figured it out..

I only use a 35w t8 floresent about 30 inches away from the cloner....my results are 10 times better now...i was getting that stem rot with alot of light...

Im full roots in 13 days...plain tap...

full time daddy
Veteran
issack said:
Dont know why you are having trouble....hmmm..

I do the same as Everyone and clean the shit out of mine after each round..

Plain tap water at 6.4 and my water temps are 76..i loose around 15 clones per 120 .and thats not fro rot..its from not rooting well and i just trow em...Actually i doubble up on some of the cuttings....

how high is your light?....I lost alot and failed many times before i figured it out..

I only use a 35w t8 floresent about 30 inches away from the cloner....my results are 10 times better now...i was getting that stem rot with alot of light...

Im full roots in 13 days...plain tap...

i think sins right............... in the 60 site's the pump is just to hot.
im running 60 watts about a foot away..

i have try 120 i all so have tryed it closer & farther away. in other rooms outside and just about everything else... my bubb;ers are under the same light

Last edited:
G

aeric said:
I have had similar problems in the past. Thanx for the tip DrawoH it makes perfect sense to me. Any residual chlorine will evaporate readily with all of that aeration anyways.

One more thing....You guys don't pH adjust your water at all and use tap water?

aeric.,, your welcome,, and thanx for posting up, i adjust my ph to 6.3,, and use 2x 40 floro tubes about 4 to 6 inches from the cutting tops... this advice as helped a few IC members in the past,, and hope it helps u aswell....peace

Cj br0 thanx for your cleaning tips,,, i agree with your methods... :friends: peace

00420 br0 all is good,, everyone is entitled to their opinion.. i have just went through these issues before...... tried lots of things, but this is the only thing that resloved the plant death for me... i wish u the best of luck ..... peace

G

guest3854

00420 , make sure yer holes are big enough to get tha rooted girls outta tha cloner !

Latest posts

Latest posts