What's new

EZ-Cloner review

darthvapor

what if I only have liquid ewc. How would I use it. about to try and use my ez-cloner again befor I pour gasoline in it and set it on fire. Ive never used it succesfully. I always get the slime... got all the supplys I need to bubble some tea but my store only had the liquid ewc. How would I use that?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could not give any advice on it darth but hopefully someone else can. Walmart carries earth worm castings now so if your in the states maybe one is near you?

Make sure you do the recommended bleach cleaning before using it again too and thoroughly rinse it afterward.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what if I only have liquid ewc. How would I use it. about to try and use my ez-cloner again befor I pour gasoline in it and set it on fire. Ive never used it succesfully. I always get the slime... got all the supplys I need to bubble some tea but my store only had the liquid ewc. How would I use that?

id say do that defuser upgrade before you burn it...
i was geting hollow, mush roots before, bcuz there wasnt enough airation from below. the stock bubbler set up is junk, pumps fine. but do what i did in the posts above.
do a solid bleach clean. one hr w bleach. one cup per 5 gal(30 site). i usually run it clean for twice as long as it did w bleach, changing the water 2 or 3 times.
also pooppy tea bags. i get the water to alight bubble, and do a cup of EWC in a coffee filter.
try some house and garden root excelurator in there too.. ive had GREAT success since ive started using it.

darthvapor

i am going to bleach clean it. then physan 20. then water. Im familiar with the poopy tea bags but again I dont have ewc for a coffee filter. my ewc is in a bottle in liquid form. Im asking how to use the liquid ewc. I was just in walmart too and didnt see ewc. Im hoping to use what I have already tho if somebody can help me out here

D

dunkybones

Just for the record, I followed the instructions in this post, and I had two good runs with the ez cloner. Then I decided to do a control run, and used the manufacture's instructions of tap water, and I got the dreaded slime. Or at least a dreaded slime, right before the roots were about to pop, this grey/white film covered the stems and most of them stalled, one of them died, and five have scrawny roots. Back to the ewc tea for me.

i am going to bleach clean it. then physan 20. then water. Im familiar with the poopy tea bags but again I dont have ewc for a coffee filter. my ewc is in a bottle in liquid form. Im asking how to use the liquid ewc. I was just in walmart too and didnt see ewc. Im hoping to use what I have already tho if somebody can help me out here

My res with the ewc tea mixed in has a ppm of 180, maybe you could use that for a rough guide for dosing with your liquid product.

What's a poopy tea bag? ewc stapled into a coffee filter? That would be simpler than making a tea.

darthvapor

poopy tea bags is just that. bat shit, bird shit, or earthworm shit. I just cleaned everything with physan 20 then rinsed and then again with bleach. gonna give it a shot and see what happens. do you guys bubble the water first to get rid of the chlorine than add the ewc or is it straight from the tap and in goes the ewc

darthvapor

I still got slimed using the tea. My rez was at 76f My ph was at 6.0 my ppm was at 250. at about day 10 no roots and slime starting. Im gonna try rockwool if it works fuck the ez cloner all it does is make slime. its a slime machine

D

dsbabydaddy

looks like a good way to go since you got the slime issue solved

My 60 site EZ cloner kicks ass.

If water heat is an issue, use a timer and set it for 15 on 15 off, that will take care of the water temps.

I've also found that between uses, if you clean the EZ cloner with bleach, rinse, fill with water and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and run the cloner for a day, then rinse, and soak and clean the foam pucks with bleach, rinse, then wash in a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide, that I never get the slime, or any other problems.

I JUST filled my cloner up with tap well water and got roots in 4 days. No food, no PH'd water, just filled it up, stuck the cuttings into the pucks and BAM! Started throwing roots in 4 days.

darthvapor

what am I doing wrong. I cleaned the shit out of the machine did everything right and got slime. could it be the cloner. I did buy it used. but I cleaned it with bleach then physan 20

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what am I doing wrong. I cleaned the shit out of the machine did everything right and got slime. could it be the cloner. I did buy it used. but I cleaned it with bleach then physan 20

The cloner is not at fault it is your city water that contains the slime.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

do the defuser upgrade i said a page or 2 back.
since i changed them, ive seen thicker roots, alot faster. no slime or mushy roots.
it was 15$ upgrade, well worth it tho

Herborizer

Veteran
So I bought a used Turbo Kloner 96. The person that had it before used it like twice. He said he didn't have any issues. Since I have had experience with the slim before in the past (in my past DWC grow), I knew to hit everything with Physan 20. I completely washed it out with Physan 20 for several hours using extremely hot water.

So last Friday I got my new Cloner going. I put 7 GAL of RO water in. 7ml of House & Garden's root Accelerator, 7 drops of Super Thrive, and two scoops of Great White. I added Dyna-Grow Silicate at it's lowest recommended. I PH'ed downed it to 5.6. I put my heat mat under the Cloner and set it to 73F (with an internal sensor to the Cloner).

I took about 60 cuttings from my mothers and put them in a martini glass with Clonex. Just 45 degree cuts on them. Then I put all the cuttings in the Cloner. I have a T5 light about 25-30 inches above.

This last week I have been noticing the PH rising. I have been having to add PH-down every 2 days or so. Each time reaching 5.8ish.

Yesterday I still have no roots showing. Everything does seem happy though. Leaves are perky and reaching up. Just no roots. I have been meaning to make some EWC tea but been really busy at work. Yesterday I went to my hydro store and bought a gallon of EWC tea brewed for beneficials. I took a cup of this and added it to my Cloner. I measured the ppm of my cloner and its sitting about 70ppm. I reset my heat mat to 80F.

This morning still no roots. Any feedback?

Herborizer

Veteran
Richy. Thank you so much for all your contributions! I have been following your slime thread and this thread since last year. So much great information!

I see in your signature about your super tea recipe. I am looking to start my own super EWC formula that I will be using all the time and I would love to start from your recipe. It's important for me that my EWC tea has low nutrient values. I am really looking for a beneficial tea only.

It seems pretty simple. EWC, water, molasses, Great White, H&G Root Excelurator, and Hydrogaurd. All in a bucket with airstones. Brew in a warm place for 48 hours.

I will be using a dedicated 5gal bucket, 4 air stones, and a 4 way pump. I have all the ingredients you specify. Though, I am missing a couple details.

1. Since I will be using a 5 gal bucket and putting 3 gallons of water in it, should I use 1 cup of EWC? If not, how much?
  2. Should I be using 1 TSP of Molasses?
  3. At what point should I be adding the Great White, Root Excelurator, and Hydrogaurd? And how much of each?

Thank You Richy!

darthvapor

gonna give it another shot using bobs brew http://bobsbrew.net/ Im also gonna try in rockwool and oasis cubes and see which method is better for me. I could have flowered and dried already. been trying to clone these plants for 10 weeks before I flip them. I just went to a friends place and he uses the ez cloner with just water, doesnt add nothing doesnt even check the ph, doesnt use a cloning gel doesnt even have the air pump. just the cloner and he puts the cuts in and gets roots. I check everything, clean everything do everything perfect and I get nothing. Ive got a cloning curse on me.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
Richy. Thank you so much for all your contributions! I have been following your slime thread and this thread since last year. So much great information!

I see in your signature about your super tea recipe. I am looking to start my own super EWC formula that I will be using all the time and I would love to start from your recipe. It's important for me that my EWC tea has low nutrient values. I am really looking for a beneficial tea only.

It seems pretty simple. EWC, water, molasses, Great White, H&G Root Excelurator, and Hydrogaurd. All in a bucket with airstones. Brew in a warm place for 48 hours. I only brew for 24 hours. 48 is fine though.

I will be using a dedicated 5gal bucket, 4 air stones, and a 4 way pump. I have all the ingredients you specify. Though, I am missing a couple details.

1. Since I will be using a 5 gal bucket and putting 3 gallons of water in it, should I use 1 cup of EWC? If not, how much? 1-3 cups
  2. Should I be using 1 TSP of Molasses? That's enough. Don't need a lot.
  3. At what point should I be adding the Great White, Root Excelurator, and Hydrogaurd? In the beginning with the EWCs. And how much of each? Just a tad of each. They will all multiply.

Thank You Richy!

^^^
You are welcome.

Latest posts

Latest posts