What's new

EZ Cloner clones into organic nutes for extra Veg growth

Dreamscape

Hey IC Family :wave:

I was wondering if you could lend me your thoughts on this...

I'm getting ready to take cuts and place them in my EZ cloner ... Originally I was going to wait 10 or so days and then transplant them into beer cups for a couple weeks and then plant into 2 gallons where they would go straight into flower and finish in the 2 gallons -

BUT then I read this while searching for info on stretching the clones into Veg growth in the EZ cloner :

i plant clones from my ez clone into soil all the time, some have short roots 3" minimum, and some have 1 1/2 foot roots. they all do fine.

the ones with longer ones take better/faster. i found that they will root faster and grow twice as fast if planted in a 1 gallon container compared to a beer cup or something small too.

this has changed my plan a bit.

So i'm wondering...

#1. What organic nutes should I use for my EZ cloner ?? Pure Vida with some cal/mag added ?? PBP ?? What will NOT clog up my EZ cloner misters ??

#2. When should I start to add nutes to the rooted clones ?? When they yellow?? When they first show roots?? When the roots are over 1,2,3"'s long ??

#3. What are your thoughts on going straight into a 2gallon when I flip to 12/12 instead of into a 1gallon ?? Should I wait till the roots are 2 feet or longer ??

as always , thanks a million for your help , I dont know where i'd be without ICmag :tiphat::blowbubbles: :dance013:

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
I built an "ez cloner" for like 60 bucks, i use no nutes, hormones, or anything just water and I get roots on massive clones in about 7 days. people always want to add modify upgrade etc but I highly reccomend you do a run with pure water first, may save you a lot of time and headache.

Dreamscape

I just want to make it so I have more roots before transplanting into soil ... I dont plan on growing them out and blooming them in the ez-cloner - just getting some extra growth out of them.

Just use Clonex solution (not gel) in yer EZ Cloner at 2 tsp per gallon. If you want larger roots, leave em in there for 14 days. Should have foot long roots by then. ;) When I pot mine up out of the cloner, they usually have 6-7" long roots and I go into 5" square pots in ProMix. Then hit em with a super weak bloom feed....the phosphorous stimulates root growth. JMO tho.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
while the clonex and GH line are not organic they will work fine. I think GH makes an organic line of nutes that will work for you too. You can also make an EWC tea that will work good as well. once roots are established the cuttings will take off fast!

Dreamscape

AAAHHHH !

I burned my babies hahaha ... fuck ...

Kept the T5 too close ... some of them survived and are just crisped up a bit , the leaves are still flexible without snapping off.

At this point I just got some "SeaCrop" sea salt trace minerals concentrate that , supposedly , when it was applied to cuttings made them take off with feeding hairs the next day ...

Experiment time ... i'll let you know how it goes.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
You can also make an EWC tea that will work good as well. once roots are established the cuttings will take off fast!

This is very true. EWC brought my cloning time down and gave me thicker healthier roots.

Another thing i've been reading on is house garden root excelurator. Ive been hearing this is some good stuff for roots. I just cant get past the initial investment. But they say a little goes along way.

Dreamscape

Thanks for the info BUT im in an apartment ... noise has to stay as LOW as possible ... not too mention i'm not up for bubbling teas and all the extra work that includes just yet. I'm still a beginner.