What's new

EZ Clone or Build your Own?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
i checked my cloner today, i have 10/10 roots after a week and a half :joint: very happy, now i just have to fix the leaks!

awesome on the 60 site, i'm sure you're going to be super happy with it! :joint:

ArcticBlast

YES!!!!!! I knew you'd get 'er done!!! Nice job Arctic. I was looking at my donor moms today and I realized that I might have to repot them. The root activity is insane and I'm afraid they'll be root bound soon. If not already that is.. Damn 10/10 is prime buddy!! Now that's what I'm talking about. How long are you vegging these gals before switching? I'd even leave them in your cloner for a bit to get a nice root stretch before repotting to permanent location.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i'm leaving them in there for maybe another week and then i'm going to put a few in soil and put them on the porch, see how they like outside, and the others will go with the moms and seedlings into veg for however long i feel like it... i haven't even set up a flower room for now, everything's sort of concentrating on my guerrilla at the moment :joint:

and thanks for the hopes and prayers lol, i guess they paid off! :joint:

ArcticBlast

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
yeah i'm leaving them in there for maybe another week and then i'm going to put a few in soil and put them on the porch, see how they like outside, and the others will go with the moms and seedlings into veg for however long i feel like it... i haven't even set up a flower room for now, everything's sort of concentrating on my guerrilla at the moment :joint:

and thanks for the hopes and prayers lol, i guess they paid off! :joint:

ArcticBlast

Oh NICE.. Outdoor grows yield like noones business man. Thats gonna be a monster finish. I've always wanted to do it but never had a secret location I can use. I'm glad it all worked out man I sent some serious chakra your way :)

I am only going to be taking 4-6 clones at a time so i dont want a huge cloner. I am thinking of build a 5 gallon bucket aero cloner but I am wondering if there is any way to just root clones in 16 oz party cups?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I am only going to be taking 4-6 clones at a time so i dont want a huge cloner. I am thinking of build a 5 gallon bucket aero cloner but I am wondering if there is any way to just root clones in 16 oz party cups?

Hi Johnny,
Well I went ahead and opted for an EZClone 60. I have the smallest of setups and though this may be overkill, it allows me to take the best rooted cuts. Building your own would still be as effective but the most important thing to keep in mind would be leakage.

Not to discourage you fro building my friend but I am a believer! I bought mine for 269.00 on ebay and I've seen a 30 site go for 219.

Here's my deal. You need a powerful pump to give you that nebulizing action. You need a water tight lid (inset being the best because it sits inside and it's impossible to leak). Foam swimming rod for the neoprene collars and a manifold with the 360 degree heads. Oh and an air pump.

Keep in mind that if you are in a cannabis friendly state, you can sell your clones to friends in your medical circle and the unit can pay for itself. I just want you to be informed before you decide anything buddy.

~Now here is the power of the EZClone machine~:

(July 5th 2010) A little green dip. This is the EZClone solution that comes with the unit.
picture.php

(July 5th 2010) A closeup of the stem cut just under where a chute would be which was also cut. From all you ICMaggers have shown me this is where the most natural hormones are located.
picture.php

(July 5th 2010) On this row from left to right are TrainWrecks's 1, 2 and 3. The future :)
picture.php

(July 10th 2010) Day 5 for Trainwreck #2
picture.php

(July 12th 2010) Group shot of plant roots in EZCloner. Rows 1 to 3 on left are 8 days old. Every row thereafter to the right are 7 days old.
picture.php

(July 12th 2010) TW#1 roots established on Day 7.
picture.php

I believe!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
If you decide to build yours and need help.. Please feel free to reach out to me. I can help you research the part you need on the web so that we can compile the most economical list of parts. :) Good luck friend!! Keep it growing!!

issack

Veteran
Looks good man.!

I just sold my 120 site ez-clone. had it for 5 years and it pumped out thousands of clones. never had a problem and loved it. Was just too big for my operation now. I made 2 little bubble cloners for under 30 bucks and i can fit 40 clones in each. works pretty good for me now and very compact.

I noticed you used clone gel for the plants when you put them in. I did this once and it just blows all the gel off the minute you turn the pump on. I then went back to straight water and have the same results everytime.

The biggest thing i learned is keeping that water at 75 or under a bit.and ph water to 6.0 thats when you see the serious results in cloning. I always clone in my A/C grow room and it keeps my water temps low.

I'm going to miss my EZclone. but i dont miss the bulk of the thing.

Glad to see you are getting roots.!

Happy growing man.!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Looks good man.!

I just sold my 120 site ez-clone. had it for 5 years and it pumped out thousands of clones. never had a problem and loved it. Was just too big for my operation now. I made 2 little bubble cloners for under 30 bucks and i can fit 40 clones in each. works pretty good for me now and very compact.

I noticed you used clone gel for the plants when you put them in. I did this once and it just blows all the gel off the minute you turn the pump on. I then went back to straight water and have the same results everytime.

The biggest thing i learned is keeping that water at 75 or under a bit.and ph water to 6.0 thats when you see the serious results in cloning. I always clone in my A/C grow room and it keeps my water temps low.

I'm going to miss my EZclone. but i dont miss the bulk of the thing.

Glad to see you are getting roots.!

Happy growing man.!

Hi Issack,
Thanks bro.. Yeah I used the gel because it came with it but my next run will be without on the same strains. This way I'll be able to tell if it's really necessary. Damn I believe you bro with the 120, that thing is a clone machine!! I almost bought it on a bid from ebay but then I looked at the box dimensions and was like WHOA!!! WTF lol..

Hey do you have any pictures of your cloner. Maybe the previous poster can get some ideas if he hasn't got anything already.

issack

Veteran
just put these cuttings in the other day so no roots yet. but you can see i doubled up my cuttings in each collar on the one cloner. I use the ezclone collars and just double side tape them down. I drill 20 3/4 holes with a forsner bit and then duct tape the whole box to black it out. the roots don't clone well when the light hits them. always black out the box.
Drill 2 little holes at the top bellow the lid for the air lines to slide in. get 2 long air stones to drop in there ph water to 6.0 and bam roots in two weeks. works great cause it fits bellow my ebb an flow table.

dsc03813.jpg

dsc03814.jpg

dsc03815.jpg

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
just put these cuttings in the other day so no roots yet. but you can see i doubled up my cuttings in each collar on the one cloner. I use the ezclone collars and just double side tape them down. I drill 20 3/4 holes with a forsner bit and then duct tape the whole box to black it out. the roots don't clone well when the light hits them. always black out the box.
Drill 2 little holes at the top bellow the lid for the air lines to slide in. get 2 long air stones to drop in there ph water to 6.0 and bam roots in two weeks. works great cause it fits bellow my ebb an flow table.

Okay now that is a NICE rig bro.. I love how neat and compact you made it. The cuttings look happy as hell so the system is very effective. Great job and great photos..

Im gonna give rapid rooters another shot and then if that doesnt work i might fork over the money for the ez clone 30 site..... it sounds real easy in that thing!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Im gonna give rapid rooters another shot and then if that doesnt work i might fork over the money for the ez clone 30 site..... it sounds real easy in that thing!

It is bro. Although the rapid rooter are fire too. I have a pack in my fridge but I used them on seeds instead of clones. Remember to keep the bottom of your dome warm. Not hot but warm. Either way it's cool just faster on the EZ by at least 7 days.