What's new

EXTRAordinarily colorful herbs

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
La con x 590... She was a very strange girl.. lots of branching with no buds lol.. The yield was so low it was comical. She was defently a mutated pheno within her genetics. Im going to try her again. This one was probably a 1 off.

picture.php

L

lightgreeen

Dennis Hopper Kush @day 50

View Image
View Image
View Image

Dunno why I can't view who gave me rep but a couple people were asking for the genetics on Dennis Hopper Kush...I wish I knew! haha I was gifted a few cuts of her just on the basis that it was 2 or 3 purple strains crossed together. When I grew the hopper out the first couple times she was really finicky....wanting to crap out and halt all production around week 4. Hopper was then pollinated by a male Purple Kush x Dr. Kevorkian, the structure and look of the plant didn't really change from the cross but she got a lot healthier and is now able to take the same feeding as the rest of my garden. Smells sweet/piney/ hashy/hint of grape... She's gonna get chopped in another week or so

That lime-warp looks insane btw...Shit almost looks blue, nice work man!:tiphat:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dark cycle temps actually reached freezeing point , fine frost on the reflector and bulb , scary sizzleing sound on startup.

Root zone is heated by a warming cable and veg box below , stays around 60 f in an unheated room , most plants are fine but take longer , lower yield of aromatic bud.

picture.php

Would normally start heating to maintain mid 60,s but have let it drop for the interest and colour.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temporary grow in an outbuilding dureing building works at a good distance from the house , usually heat in the worst weather with an old wood stove but running low on dry logs , will have to take their chances this winter.

The film of ice on the bulb worried me at first , but as long as it does not run back into the socket as it melts it should be alright , and its boils off in seconds , really should fit the cooltube when i find a suitably reliable fan.

The hi bay sodium lights in the barn must be exposed to the same iceing or worse and they have been there for a decade , now glowing a feeble orange.

picture.php

There seems no obvious pattern to the cold response of assorted plants , the genetic dark look spectacular , some stall and some grow on regardless , afghan hash types love it , possible to grow under low temps if you can heat the roots which is essential here , all would be dead by now without bottom heat.