What's new

EXTRACTING KIEF FROM FULL SIZED BUDS

darkhollo

ISO wash -
ISO hash, isopropyl alcohol is used to rinse the jar (small amount) it dissolved the resin in solution and then is put on a flat surface (plate). As the alchohol evaporates you can collect the resin.

Cruise over to the cannabis resin forum to get pics etc.

--dh

Calimed

Veteran
I guess you could do this if you want to start charging beaster prices and leave your patients wanting a new source.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
I dont think bags take nearly enough trichomes to justify keifing them first. You would make more money in the long run being a good businessman and providing a quality unkeifed product. It would not be long before your custumers go somewhere else, unless good herb is scarce in your area... Dont be a mr grinch: and scheme all the trichomes....:thanks:

D

danny karey

Yep, Id go with Smok'ncheese's Idea for sure.

Goodluck bro!!

Danny

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
All the dispensaries in Cal kief all the buds they get in, in a big kief rolling machine.
(Think rock tumbler with the outer wall being the kief screen)

Then they take the keif, press it and sell it as hash. Good for them, bad for the person selling buds to them, bad for the customer buying the buds.

Is this what your asking, Cartman?

A

Amstel Light

If it was of good quality im asuming you would have a booming cloning trade in no time

LOL see there is wher we hit the cultural divide...only place you would have a booming clone trade is where it's pretty much legal...

I guess you could do this if you want to start charging beaster prices and leave your patients wanting a new source.
see above^

Any pics of the frosty nugs??
:smokeit:

nah wont do it violates every self ingrained code I go by...it is white rhino and every time i touch them thc is wasted on my fingertips.

I dont think bags take nearly enough trichomes to justify keifing them first. You would make more money in the long run being a good businessman and providing a quality unkeifed product. It would not be long before your custumers go somewhere else, unless good herb is scarce in your area... Dont be a mr grinch: and scheme all the trichomes....:thanks:
I agree with you but it's not like im rape them where there is no more value.

All the dispensaries in Cal kief all the buds they get in, in a big kief rolling machine.
(Think rock tumbler with the other wall being the kief screen)

Then they take the keif, press it and sell it as hash. Good for them, bad for the person selling buds to them, bad for the customer buying the buds.

Is this what your asking, Cartman?

no it's not profit motivated...

A

Amstel Light

well i guess no one will give me any technical advice...thanks for the moral lesson i guess...

R

Rysam

Hmm i know i have a can of troll spray around here somewheres.... Ahh here it is.

34qn29d.jpg

if you are gonna de-keif your bud just do it. Some people are very stupid and wont even notice or know much. I know this dude who thought hit got a deal of some kid.

when he showed it to me I laughed in his face. He bought a dry up plant that was vegged only lol... He even smoked it trying to get high:booked:

Some people are suckers what can i say :dunno:

A

Amstel Light

Hmm i know i have a can of troll spray around here somewheres.... Ahh here it is.

34qn29d.jpg
confused^?

vouch.. i think your problem was solved long ago with jars.. you are just trying to justify being a greedy person.

nah your wrong ....I just hate to see something i worked so hard to acqurie wasted on the sides of baggy's... i can say honestly you are very judgmental tho...
I will experiment with a 1/4- 1/2 personal...thought someone on here might have already tried to solve this problem and had something to report?

Thanks to all positive posters!

w00k17

Practical application or security could be issues I suppose, but if you really just want to save trichomes sell jars instead of sacks. Sure jars cost a little money, but people would enjoy it. Sure you can't have an lb broken down and walk around moving it, but it would work fine and not a wasted trichome at all.

afoaf used to buy NL that these frat guys grew in their basement back in the day. 55 dollar eights in a nice mason jar all sticky. Everyone was down with it.

So jars if all you really wanna do is save the sweet perfect state of your nug.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
just bounce it on a silk screen from art store.

i dont care what u are doing with it.

but really? u are really concerned with the tiny meaningless smudges left on a bag. dude that is pretty hard core. thats addiction. its .0000000001 of a g per baggie that i gladly throw away.

all these peeps telling u that u are morally wrong hmmm.
even if u were selling kiefed buds, if the person sees the weed and buys it and smokes it, that was there choice. there is no right way to do anything with haters. but fact is that a customer wants what u have and they get it or not based on being pleased with purchases in past. they are none the wiser and happy or displeased and still none the wiser. only can hurt your own biz and help someone elses lol
if you were keifing med patients buds that u held scripts for that is another story(supershady) unless that was part of your agreement in which case go for it.
to each their own but u should really sit and evaluate what is really lost to the bags. u r sweating pennies, or 1 hit worth per ounce or less man
good luck with the haters lol