What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Extinct Red Angola?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red Angolese x Meao Thai f2 grown outdoors
Seeds gifted by Mustafunk

Attachments

• image_1939084.jpg
    image_1939084.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Riamba

We decided there was a good chance they're legit, so we got a pack of them. If you're interested, his email is
genetixgenius at gmail.com

Snow's Angola Red is simply a repro from LMN's Angolese, either via Brazilian Seed Co or someone else, so not as legit as some may expect like Tamalero pointed above.

LMN was renowned in the community because he used to gift seeds away to anyone with the condition his work will be never sold, only gifted. This is also why ACE didn't have permission to sell the Angolese x Thai seeds.

Originally Posted by charlie garcia
AngolaThai F1 was a mistake by us as should have stayed in private but for different reasons some were put in the market. Excuse me am not trying to justify or protect lines neither mistreat anyone but respect some personal wishes of LMN. Is a cross between best La Mano Negra Alex (rip) Angola and a Meao Thai dad from me

Yes, as charlie said, it was our mistake to gift angolese crosses. Angola liamba are mano negra's work. After talk with rainha ginga, we decided not to gift more angolese hybrid seeds. Rainha has the pure angolese genetics and crosses reproduced a few years ago by our collective. Please, we would apreciate not to talk more about this topic, cos we have never taken profit of mano negra's angolese and we would like to stay away from any polemic discussion. Thanks.

BSC obtained seeds from LMN and sold them without his permission as the scammer he also is.

Drunken Buddha

I'll let you all know in the next months. I have some Angola Red and Angola Poison seeds from 2015 that a member of the forum I was on at that time, SeedShare, sent me from Namibia, the country just south of Angola.

OHITS, his online handle, which is short for Out Here In The Sun, was a cool kid; half German and half Namibian. He worked in the computer world there and had a good grasp of weed genetics. His Angolan friends, probably nerds like him, sourced these varieties. I am planting both strains tomorrow here in Arizona where it is already 90F in my area at 3,000 ft elevation, a few weeks earlier than last year, 2023, the warmest on record. Oops....

I will definitely cross the bunch, as individual strains, and will have seeds to share for all you building blocks growers. Better yet, I am testing some 1984 Zacatecas Mexican strain seeds that the woman grower who had them last year succesfully germinated 5 females and one male. Unfortunately, because she thought that only female flowers (sinsemilla) were worthwhile, she tossed the male! I have some of the sfemale flower smoke and its mild and mellow. I had it tested and its 6% THC which is typical for seeded Mexican weed in the early 1980's.

If I can get even one male and one female, a new genetic building block will come to pass that could, well, you know, revolutionize a whole lot of new strains (varieties technically). Soon come.......