What's new

explain to me more about the genes passed on in MALE n FEMALE MJ ? ie x and y

was wondering what you could tell me about whether or not there are set mj characteristics on the x and y chromosomes ? .. yield, odor, potency.. which is where ? ( this shit still hasnt been answered for me.. is the type of high related with the ratio of cannabinols based on occurence and potency the size/structure of the cannabinols ?

i hear conflicting reports as to wether cannabis has an actual Y chromosome.. i kind of doubt it, though it may still have a single chromosome that is responsible for determining gender..

i've heard Sam say something that confused me.. he says the genetic markers that indicate male and female have been found, but not the genetic markers that indicate intersexed (hermie) traits..

if there is not Y chromosome, and just genes that influence gender expression cross-over can still occur and presumably any gene can still be contributed with the male side..

as to the second question.. the cannabinoids are the basis of the high.. THC, with minor amounts typically of cbn, cbd, cbl? and cbc?
the other terpenes and terpenoids (aromatics) and flavanoids are responsible for the rest (most) of the modulation of the effects of the cannabis in question.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I've noticed that yield and structure is inherited more from the male. But I don't know if is like that with all strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts