What's new

Exactly how pure is Vector Butane?

CodyKemperle

Reply to top post.

Reply to top post.

Item Description
Colibri Premium Butane is the cleanest butane available. Our butane is produced to the exacting standards required by high performance jet-flame lighters—a technology Colibri introduced to the world over 35 years ago.

Our butane is processed in world-class refineries and canned in only the cleanest environment possible, resulting in fuel so pure -less than 6 parts per million!- that it does not require repeated filterings to remove the unwanted matter and contaminants that affect the performance of your lighters, and adulterate the flavor of your premium cigar and/or tobacco.

Our 99.9994% level of purity allows us to proudly recommend our butane for all refillable butane lighters. Colibri Premium Butane is developed to reduce the number of contaminants that cause clogged burner valves, misfires and malfunctions—and to safeguard against costly repairs. Our 300 ml cannister is also fitted with five removable adapter nozzles in the cap, so that you may refill old model and Colibri brand lighters.
The Cleanest Butane Available
99.9994% Pure
Will not affect the flavor of your premium cigar or tobacco
Includes five additional nozzle adapters
Premium butane gas
Recommended for all refillable butane lighters
Reduces clogged burner valves
Reduces malfunctions
Reduces misfires
300ml / 10.1 fl. oz. / 162g

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've sent some of the brands through a certified third party analytical lab to gravimetrically determine PPM residuals and also the composition of those residuals.

Vector, the title of this thread measured 2.8 ppm residuals and Colibri measured 15 ppm.

Is this the same Colibri as before they were bought out?

blastfrompast

Veteran
I like to take a step back and look with some perspective.

When I light my bbq, I probably breath in a touch of propane (especially on windy days)
When I use my butane lighters I am sure I have sucked in butane.
Heck I remember gassing up while a gas jockey was emptying a FULL tank of propane (tank upside down and open)...I could smell it....so I am sure I sucked some in.

Etc. Etc.

Using my pen for purged wax doesn't really worry me much when I think of the above.

BDYGARD

My friend has used luciene for years , anarchy extracts. it was awesome and produced wax that smelled just like the buds used to make it. and thanks for this thread so i could see about vector. I have hear friends who work at a dispensary say vector was the best. in fact now that i have seen the stats it looks like the worst. i don't know about the other things in it but the propane alone makes it unusable. they dispensary said not to even use a propane torch to heat a dab bowl as it leaves poisonous residue on the bowl. Well i will tell all my friends about this thread and send it to them. never use vector for anything....

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend has used luciene for years , anarchy extracts. it was awesome and produced wax that smelled just like the buds used to make it. and thanks for this thread so i could see about vector. I have hear friends who work at a dispensary say vector was the best. in fact now that i have seen the stats it looks like the worst. i don't know about the other things in it but the propane alone makes it unusable. they dispensary said not to even use a propane torch to heat a dab bowl as it leaves poisonous residue on the bowl. Well i will tell all my friends about this thread and send it to them. never use vector for anything....

Vector is certainly not the cleanest available.

Propane decomposes into carbon dioxide and water vapor, so leaves no poisonous residue.

We use up to 50% propane with a -50C LPG extraction with good results.