Evidently more of this stuff happening than we realize

B

BrnCow

http://www.bangstyle.com/2012/01/police-caught-planting-evidence/

Utica Police Caught Planting Evidence On Their Own Camera

Posted on January 4th, 2012 by Danny K

original_convo-icon.png

utica-police-caught-planting-drugs-bangstyle.com_.png
Here’s a pretty clear example of the “Just sprinkle some crack on him” philosophy of police work. A video obtained by the Utica Phoenix shows two New York police officers searching an SUV they had pulled over and finding a bag of drugs. This would all be well and good had one cop not been shown obviously taking the bag out of his pocket and placing it in the car, before emerging 30 seconds later holding it up as evidence. The cops must have simply forgotten that their in-car dash cams record all their traffic stops, because one officer removes the handcuffed driver away from the car and out of frame, giving us an unobstructed view of his partner, not-so-subtly pulling a small baggy out of his pocket and dropping it in the car (1:02). After continuing to “search” for roughly 30 seconds, the officer returns to his partner triumphantly displaying the evidence he was able to sniff out of its hiding place (1:31).
From the Utica Phoenix article, it seems that apparently Utica police are very good at “finding” drugs in the possession of black people. The article recounts a woman’s story about how police kicked in her front door, terrifying her 83-year-old mother. Once they got a warrant, because they apparently didn’t have one when they broke the door, they unleashed the drug dog to thoroughly search the house. According to the woman, when the dog came back with nothing it, “Was verbally abused, cursed and yanked around, finally to be returned to the car.” The police then searched the house on their own, and managed to find some drugs that the dog missed. The Utica Phoenix goes on to explain that the Utica Police Department has Internal Affairs looking into this, and the tape has also been sent to the FBI. The UPD would not comment any further. We all know certain members of the police department are no strangers to manipulating situations. You can read all kinds of horror stories on Reddit or I can tell you about the time I was put on the curb for an hour because my “tongue was green”, leading cops to be convinced there was weed in my car. Lucky for the driver that this instance of evidence planting was caught on camera, because as often as people claim this happens in areas like Utica, the police are rarely caught red handed like this.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps more than "you" realize my friend. Some of us are very hip to whats been going on.

This is surprising? Cameras should be on every single public worker every moment they are on duty, now that we have the technology. Weaselry reigns supreme in pre-apocalypse America.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Hey man, like, he was just doing his job getting another drug using black guy off the skreets! How else they supposed to get their drug war funding if they don't take drastic measures to keep it rolling in??? COME ON MAN!!!
I am glad they caught the bastard planting the evidence. Hope that guys sues the hell out of them for doing it.

You know we all joke about how obvious it is that cops house an overwhelming percentage of scumbags. But it's not common knowledge at all, and this is reflected in both our elected officials and our policies.

It's like there are two distinct groups with two very unique perceptions of the world.

supermanlives

Veteran
cops should get double the time when convicted for crimes . they had the power ,guns and swore an oath. but in reality few do hard time and most are segregated as they dont last long in open population. in prision when your booked some trustee knows all about your charges and word spreads fast

supermanlives

Veteran
ooh please when i lived in daytona there was cops busting folks , then planting the drugs on people on probation/parole and known drug offenders. and making them sell the drugs . they took out all your competition for ya . and if you pissed em off you got cought with sales amount and go back to pen. back then i knew a cool judge who got my friends off on most cases if they hired the right lawyer who then paid the judge. i could go on about crooked ass scumbags pigs

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
What is their reasoning for doing this? Just gives em boring paperwork....

The more drug arrest they make the more federal(tax dollars) dollars they get to "fight the war on drugs". They are just looking out for their paychecks at our expense.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
again a lot of the smaller lesser known state have laws in place that ALLOW lo0cal LEO.
to KEEP what ever possessions and or monies come from there local drug bust......
they keep these funds and cars and whatever else they get.....Hell they will use busted drug money to fund there own BBQ.....and D0nut runZ.....

G

greenmatter

the funny part about this is that if some civilian had been filming it there is a 98% chance that the evidence would be inadmissible in court, but since it is the cops own camera they CANT throw it out.

ya gotta love it when LEO is fuck-stupid enough to catch themselves ........